PDA

View Full Version : What do you do...

Giselle
09-30-2006, 07:47 PM
...when your trusted hairstylist completely RUINS your hair??

:( I used to looooove my hair. It was permed, healthy, volumized, and beautifully black/sun-browned. I went to the stylist to get my hair trimmed about 1-2" and he hacked off 4" and thinned the whole thing down. I am beyond devastated. I don't have naturally thick hair, which is why I chose to perm my hair. Now it feels like I'm back to Square 1.

Funny thing is that this has got to be the hundredth time I've been disappointed with my haircut.

What do you folks do when you've got a hideous haircut? (I already did the crying/chocolate part ;))

Dorothy39
09-30-2006, 08:16 PM
I can relate to "Bad Haircuts"~~~~ :rolleyes:

I really can't say how I got out of that "mad make over mess"~~

I just let my hair down, so to speak, ( didn't go for a haircut for nearly 2 years)~~~

Then, when I noticed a friend, or, even a stranger, with a hair style that appealed to me, I asked them who their hairdresser was.

A lot of the problem , at least with me, was communicating with them.

so, when I mentioned that I had been referred by so and so. , the hairdresser got a general idea of what I actually wanted. I also mentioned my past experiences ~~~ and kindly insisted that I be in control during the process~~~ :o My advice: Gently pull the reins in when you are sitting in that chair.

It hasn't happened to me in a long time. (Now, if I could just get the face to match the hair , I'd be all set) ;)

Suki Wingy
09-30-2006, 09:37 PM
wow, SO sorry. I can't really relate though because I have to thin my hair down, it poofs up and won't stop growing, want some?

luvofallhorses
09-30-2006, 09:39 PM
I never get my hair cut any more. too many scissor happy people here. :rolleyes: this one lady gave me a mullet and I was so pissed. :mad: I am a girl and you're not supposed to do that. :rolleyes: I trim my own now.

chocolatepuppy
09-30-2006, 10:03 PM
That is why I have hair down to my waist, I don't trust anyone to touch it. I trim it myself, ok it isn't perfect :rolleyes: but I know if I asked for a few inches off I'd be scalped! :eek: ...sorry about your hair, I hope you can do something with it.

shais_mom
10-01-2006, 12:08 AM
FIND A NEW STYLIST!

and good luck!

Giselle
10-01-2006, 12:37 AM
Heh thanks. I'm just so bummed. Good things never last, eh? Dorothy, you're so right, but I always get too shy once I sit my bum into that chair. I don't have the guts to stop them mid-slice. :o

Argghhh. *tugs at hair* Eva, I'd take your hair in a heartbeat, LOL.

RedHedd
10-01-2006, 11:06 AM
I would go back to the salon and complain and ask (nicely) that they fix it. Go to another stylist at the same salon. They shouldn't charge you for the "repair." Also, I hope you didn't tip him!

cyber-sibes
10-01-2006, 11:23 PM
I wouldn't go back to him. You can call and let them know you are disappointed, but I doubt they do anything about it, beyond saying "Sorry, It'll grow out". Do you have any cute hats?

I find it helpful to bring an old picture of myself to show a new stylist. That way they can see how MY hair looks that way. (Magazine pics are ok to give them a general idea, but my hair has some pretty strong ideas of it's own!) When you do find someone you like, tip them, flatter them, and pray they don't move out of town! ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-02-2006, 03:30 AM
I would go and find another stylist!

My mom once came home with PURPLE hair :eek: .
The same stylist "repaired" it later, for no charge; but she had to wait a whole 2 weeks before her hair was ready for another coloring.... :rolleyes:

columbine
10-02-2006, 09:24 AM
At least it happened at the right time of year for hat making/shopping!

Love, Columbine

Catty1
10-02-2006, 10:13 AM
A fellow I chat with on Skype sometimes....his 30ish daughter had beautiful black hair down to her backside (or really close).

A stylist cut it SHORT.

Seh was devastated of course - but wouldn't even go out in public or to work until she got extensions put in!

She also had a lawyer going after them for the price of the extensions.

I thought - come on, she's a working business professional - this sounds pretty neurotic to me. Sueing over short hair - and not going out in public with it???

I think she overreacted. I am not downplaying her hurt - but I would expect lawyers to be involved if she had lost an arm....that WON'T grow back, for sure.

JMO

Jadapit
10-02-2006, 10:24 AM
That happened to me last summer. I even took a picture of the hairstyle I wanted. The lady butchered my hair. She knew it was a bad cut, she tried blaming it on MY hair. :rolleyes:

I cried and cried. There isn't much you can do. Thank God hair grows back. ;)

Logan
10-02-2006, 10:36 AM
I was long overdue for a trim and color and finally went on Saturday. I asked her not to cut it too short, as my husband prefers it long. Well, she got carried away and I almost died when I saw how short it was, with too many layers. It is still "long" by many standards, but I blame myself for not paying better attention to what she was doing. I'll go back to her, but I will NOT let her cut it this short again!!!

Good thing that hair grows, huh? It will repair itself in the end.

Logan

Pembroke_Corgi
10-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Sorry, I know how much that sucks! If you really hate it, maybe you could have someone else cut it- it would be shorter, but you could go for a better style. I got a terrible haircut one time so I tried to "fix it" myself and I ended up so upset! I went to another stylist and got it done shorter and I actually ended up loving it!

If you don't want it any shorter, it will grow...I'm sure you look nice either way.