PDA

View Full Version : Baths

CatLuvrs
09-30-2006, 04:46 PM
How many times should you give a puppy a bath? Is there a certain amount or just use my judgement?? Thanks for all your advice.

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-30-2006, 04:57 PM
I bathe my dogs once (sometimes twice) a month, same with puppies. Just make sure you use a gentle, mild shampoo that won't bother the skin. My favourite that I use most often is Earthbath (www.earthbath.com). I've used a lot of their different shampoos aswell as their conditioner and loved them all equally.

As long as you use a good shampoo, your pup should be fine. I've been bathing my dogs this often for a long time and their coats are fantastic.

Vette
09-30-2006, 05:00 PM
I only give my dog a bath once every 3 weeks or so,, because other wise his coat feels like a brillow pad or something,,
and tiz just unpleasant to the touch. :o

try not to give your pup a bath too often,, as too much bathing can be a bad thing.
it strips their coat of natural oils and can cause dry skin and irritation.

lv4dogs
10-02-2006, 12:11 PM
I only bath my dogs when needed (if they roll in something yucky, get really dirty, or smell bad, etc...). I would say it averages out to be about once every 2-4 months.

BC_MoM
10-02-2006, 02:46 PM
My dogs only get baths when they're coats start to get dirty from running around and such.. Usually one bath every two months or so.. :)

lisahumphreys882
10-02-2006, 02:51 PM
I've only given my dog a bath a few times since I've had him and I've had him for almost two years. I have heard and read that dogs only need baths like 3-5 times per year! Benji doesn't smell and his coat is shiny and smooth. Dogs aren't supposed to have too many baths because it drys out their skin and therefore they have more dander on them.