PDA

View Full Version : Pictures Of Daisys Ears

timlewis
09-30-2006, 01:43 PM
The Vet Said He Thought The Ears Would Stand But Im Not For Sure, The Think They Will. Anyway Here R Some Pics Of Them The E Collar Had The Ear Pushed Down In Some Of Them, What Do Yall Think Will They Stand Or Will I Have To Have Them Taped Up????????

Fur&Feathers
09-30-2006, 01:53 PM
:( They look like they will stand, but they were so cute floppy!

lute
09-30-2006, 01:58 PM
wow. that really is a bad crop job. :( you definatly need to tape the ears. and clean them every day.

timlewis
09-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Actually That Is A Great Crop Job Because It Is Exactly What I Wanted It Just Isnt What U Like. But That Is Ok And I Cant Tape Them For Another Week Or So.

BC_MoM
09-30-2006, 02:31 PM
It's not what she likes, it's the quality of the job done on the ears. The vet did a bad job, or whoever you had do it.

I can't believe how small her ears are.. why would you want them that SMALL anyway??

critter crazy
09-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Tim, I think they look great, no matter what everyone else thinks. If it is the look that you want, then that is fine with me. I just adore daisy and hope to see many more pics of her! Cant wait to watch her grow up. :)

I_luv_rusty
09-30-2006, 03:09 PM
She looks soo cute. :D I liked the floppy ears better thought,they do look a little too short.

Husky15
09-30-2006, 03:36 PM
You know what, who cares what they say? She is the cutest little Boxer ever and if that is the style you are happy with then that's all that matters. Once again I don't know much about cropping so I couldn't give you advice.

P.S. I named my Boxer on my Nintendogs game after Daisy because she is just too cute! :D

Vette
09-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Heh!!
i love the second to the last shot...
she looks adorable as heck :D

sparks19
09-30-2006, 04:19 PM
LOL she looks so cute. of course she looked cute before too, I don't think it is possible for her to NOT be cute :D

Don't worry about everyone else, they just have their panties in a twist because they don't like cropping.

does that girl look like she is upset about the cropping?

Not to me. She looks VERY happy with herself in these pictures.

REMEMBER, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. I think that was the first thing we were taught in KINDERGARTEN.

BC_MoM
09-30-2006, 04:23 PM
LOL she looks so cute. of course she looked cute before too, I don't think it is possible for her to NOT be cute :D

Don't worry about everyone else, they just have their panties in a twist because they don't like cropping.

does that girl look like she is upset about the cropping?

Not to me. She looks VERY happy with herself in these pictures.

REMEMBER, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. I think that was the first thing we were taught in KINDERGARTEN.

It seems like a lot of people keep going back and forth between whether or not they agree with the cropping idea. :rolleyes:

sparks19
09-30-2006, 04:26 PM
It seems like a lot of people keep going back and forth between whether or not they agree with the cropping idea. :rolleyes:

Did I say I agree with Cropping? I don't think I would ever get any of my dogs ears cropped (unless it was needed)

But I don't see the point in telling someone their dog looks silly just because you don't like cropping. If you don't like the way it looks is it that hard to keep it to yourself. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if you showed off pics of your dogs and everyone told you what was wrong with the way they looked. Why can't we exercise the same courtesy here?

I think she looks as sweet as she ever did.

Vela
09-30-2006, 04:32 PM

Thre is also another saying, "Practive what you preach".

I personally don't crop, I think it looks better than it did before for sure, and they may stand on their own, you'll know better when the collar comes off. They don't look infected. If you wanted a short crop then it looks adequate, I prefer the longer look if they are going to be done, but to each his own.

critter crazy
09-30-2006, 04:38 PM
Did I say I agree with Cropping? I don't think I would ever get any of my dogs ears cropped (unless it was needed)

But I don't see the point in telling someone their dog looks silly just because you don't like cropping. If you don't like the way it looks is it that hard to keep it to yourself. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if you showed off pics of your dogs and everyone told you what was wrong with the way they looked. Why can't we exercise the same courtesy here?

I think she looks as sweet as she ever did.

I agree 100%!! There is absolutely no need to be rude!

sparks19
09-30-2006, 04:52 PM
LOL Vela, Good point, however, I feel the need to defend members who are just trying to show pictures of the dog they LOVE. Telling people to bite their tongues is not offensive. Telling someone their dog looks terrible IS. I didn't see anything particularly rude in my previous posts ;)

Lori Jordan
09-30-2006, 05:06 PM
I would never crop either it looks really painful,But we are intitled to what we like dislike,I wish her a speedy recovery,Is that staples in her ears?I thought this was something the breeders did?I have no clue,as i dont know really anything about the breed,and it is not my place to judge.just out of curiousity why did her ears need to be cropped?I know my Newf has to have her ears cleaned once a week,Is it the same thing with Boxers also?Good luck to her in the future!

Cincy'sMom
09-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Don't know anything about ears, but she sure has the most adorable face ever!! I just love her markings!!!

timlewis
09-30-2006, 06:21 PM
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR POSTS, AND THANK YOU SPARKS FOR DEFENDING ME EVEN THOUGH YOU DONT AGREE WITH IT. BUT DONT WORRY ABOUT IT LET THEM SAY WHAT THEY WANT BECAUSE ONE I KNOW CROPPING IS A VERY TOUCHY THING, I DIDNT BUT NOW I DO LOL AFTER POSTING MY FIRST THREAD ABOUT THE PLAN TO HAVE IT DONE. AND I HAVE MY DOG JUST THE WAY I WANT HER AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO ME, NOT TO BE RUDE BUT I COULD CARE LESS WHAT WOEVER FROM WHEREVER THINKS IF THEY DONT LIKE IT. AND NO LORI IT ISNT SOMETHING THAT I HAVE TO HAVE DONE IT'S JUST SOMETHING I PREFER, MYSELF I THINK IT MAKES THE DOG LOOK MEANER AND I WORK 3rd SHIFT. SO I WANT A DOG WHO IS GOOD WITH KIDS AND AS SWEET AS CAN BE, BUT ALSO LOOKS MEAN SO THAT PEOPLE PASSING BY OF THE DAY MAY SEE HER IN MY YARD AND MAY THINK TWICE BEFORE THEY TRY TO BREAK IN OF THE NIGHT WHILE IM GONE(I HAVE MY WIFE AND 2 KIDS HERE). AGAIN THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR POST AND ESPECIALLY YOU SPARKS BUT DONT WORRY LET THEM SAY WHAT THEY THINK. WATER OFF A DUCKS BACK.

buttercup132
09-30-2006, 06:23 PM
I think she looked much better with her ears floppy.
LOL Vela, Good point, however, I feel the need to defend members who are just trying to show pictures of the dog they LOVE. Telling people to bite their tongues is not offensive. Telling someone their dog looks terrible IS. I didn't see anything particularly rude in my previous posts

And remember people are aloud to state thier opinions , they can say they dont like the way the ears look its thier opinion its not like people are saying ew you sick freak why would you put your dog through so much pain just to make her look that way your a terrible person she looked so much better with the floppy ears she was born with.
No noone is being rude, you guys are just taking it that way and twisting it around to make it seem like the people who disagree are a bunch of rude people.
Wich is clearly not the case.

timlewis
09-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Thank You For That Kinda Odd Post But U Said Guys And I Said Nothing About It I Think Everyone Has Their Own Opinion And They Should Post It. I Just Said I Could Care Less If Someone Doesn't Like It Because I Do. Thank You Again.

animal_rescue
09-30-2006, 06:45 PM
I really don't think they did a good job(and I'm pro-cropping). They look too short to me, the person that did it didn't do a good job on it. Sorry. When my doberman's ears were cropped our vet did a lousy job on it too(this was when I was 11 mind you) and now one flops while the other one stands sometimes. I'm pro when people know what their doing and do it right. Good luck on the taping though! Sometimes the tape can cause an infection, so be careful with that. ;)

critter crazy
09-30-2006, 07:14 PM
Thank You For That Kinda Odd Post But U Said Guys And I Said Nothing About It I Think Everyone Has Their Own Opinion And They Should Post It. I Just Said I Could Care Less If Someone Doesn't Like It Because I Do. Thank You Again.

I think she looks perfect!! I just love daisey!!:)

Giselle
09-30-2006, 07:20 PM
Hmm. It really amazes me how people can judge how good/bad a crop job is just off a few pictures. Sure, it's a little short, but a crop is not deemed good/bad by the length. It's just a style. Also, I doubt 98% of us have actually ever experienced dealing with crop/dock jobs. I for one have never owned a dog who needed his ears taped or whatever so I won't pass judgement on the quality of Daisy's crop job.

However, Daisy looks as adorable as ever and it does look as if they'll stand as soon as the cartilage hardens.

Danegirl2208
09-30-2006, 07:23 PM
i agree with animal_rescue..i have no problem with cropping either but i think they could have done a better job. But im not here to criticize you Tim..and i wish your BEAUTIFUL girl a speedy recovery! ;)

coco-bean
09-30-2006, 07:27 PM
I'd have to say she was absolutely adorable with her ears floppy and i also think she looked happier with her ears floppy, but then again you gotta remember she has a huge mega-phone on her head and her ears probably dont feel the best, but she does look happy! they look to be healing very well and she is so adorable! the ears look a little too short, and to your question tim, i think they should be taped for a little while! they look like they will stick up by themselves but a little taping might make them a little stronger and less likely to flop later on! Good Luck in the rest of the healing process daisy!!

timlewis
09-30-2006, 07:33 PM
Thank You For The Advice Co Co I Beleive I Will Do That It Wont Hurt To Be A Little Extra Safe.

I Agree With You Giselle Especially When The Other Day People Were Saying That The Vet Couldnt Tell Me Anything About Her Ears By Looking At A Picture. I Had To Email A Pic Of Her To The Vet Because Her Ear Looked A Little Swelled, Most Said He Couldnt Tell Me Anything About It By Looking At A Pic But They Can Lolol. Thank You All For Your Post.

cyber-sibes
09-30-2006, 09:49 PM
She's going to look just fine, how could she not with that sweet face of hers? She really has some unusual markings, and her little nose is just adorable!

BOBS DAD
09-30-2006, 09:58 PM
You know...

Shows what I know. I never realized that they actually cut dogs ears before they put in the metal props (or whatever they are called) to make they stand. I just thought they propped them upp... I guess I never really knew that they cut them. I'm sure it will be fine, but it looks like it hurts now!

Sevaede
10-01-2006, 12:55 AM
She is a real cutie! :)

I think you should be prepared when you post, anything, anywhere, for replies from folks on the pro- and anti- sides and not necessarily where your stance may be. jmo.

BC_MoM
10-01-2006, 01:23 AM
Tim, I'm very sorry if I sounded rude. I didn't mean for it to sound so.

Daisy and Delilah
10-01-2006, 06:30 AM
Tim, she is absolutely adorable!! Her ears are healing it seems and she is her usual adorable self. Every time I see her, I wish I could give her some big kisses. Please do the honors for me. :) She's one of the cutest doggies here on Pet Talk!

sparks19
10-01-2006, 10:03 AM
LOL she does look quite happy for having that cone on LOL.

Make sure she looks down when it rains. Hey maybe you could get sattelite with that thing :D

LOL I'm just teasin. She is a beautiful girl and as someone already pointed out, she had wonderful markings. I can't wait to see her grow. keep up with the pics.

senorita02
10-01-2006, 11:26 AM
When we had Ritas ears done , in order to get them to stay she had a foam between her ears on for a week or so, she didnt seem to mind it at all either, she also has a shorter crop like Daisys. Here is her baby pics...
And a few adult pics...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/facer05/comppics262.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/facer05/comppics259.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/facer05/9bd0d0fb.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/facer05/DSC01874.jpg

Husky15
10-01-2006, 11:34 AM
When we had Ritas ears done , in order to get them to stay she had a foam between her ears on for a week or so, she didnt seem to mind it at all either, she also has a shorter crop like Daisys. Here is her baby pics...
And a few adult pics...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/facer05/comppics262.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/facer05/comppics259.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/facer05/9bd0d0fb.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/facer05/DSC01874.jpg

What a cutie! And she looks so happy! Personally I prefer the longer cropped ears but she looks adorable with those short ones!

senorita02
10-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Thanks, she is a Presa Canario Dog, so they arent supposed to be real long like Dobie ears.
She is a cutie isnt she? LOL

Lori Jordan
10-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Rita is adorable!She does look great after everything has healed up and it suits her also,Can you crop any breed?or is just a few that you can?

timlewis
10-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Rita is beautiful hope Daisys turns out that good, and im not sure if u can get any dogs ears clipped. I know a boxer, doberman, pit, im not for sure what all u can and cant. do u have one u want clipped, what kind is it?

finn's mom
10-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Rita is adorable!She does look great after everything has healed up and it suits her also,Can you crop any breed?or is just a few that you can?

I would imagine you could physically crop any breed's ears...but there are only certain breeds that are typically cropped. Just like docking tails, you CAN dock any dog's tail, but, only certain breeds are typically done.

elizabethann
10-01-2006, 01:57 PM
What a cute "cone head". :D

She's awfully cute.

*LabLoverKEB*
10-01-2006, 05:26 PM
I'm not even going to say what I think... it could've been a better crop, but ah well.
But Daisy sure is a pretty dog.

CathyBogart
10-01-2006, 05:39 PM
Aww, look at the baby Rita!! I wanna reach back in time and pick her up and cuddle her! I don't think it would work so well now though! Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen an uncropped presa canario...*Goes off to search for pics*

Husky15
10-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Thanks, she is a Presa Canario Dog, so they arent supposed to be real long like Dobie ears.
She is a cutie isnt she? LOL

She certainly is :D!

I would imagine you could physically crop any breed's ears...but there are only certain breeds that are typically cropped. Just like docking tails, you CAN dock any dog's tail, but, only certain breeds are typically done.

Took the words out of my mouth.

cyber-sibes
10-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Ah, just have to post to comment on beautiful Rita - I never knew her ears were cropped! I thought they were natural, I thought I read somewhere that ther breed have "rose" ears? Her puppy pic is adorable, and she is a real beauty all grown up. We haven't had any Face & Rita pics for a while, you know! (taps foot, arms crossed) How 'bout a thread, mom?

Giselle
10-01-2006, 09:07 PM
I don't think it's necessarily physically possible to crop any breed. Take spaniels and hounds (especially bassets), for instance. Their ears are naturally very large and heavy without the fur. I don't think the cartilage in their ears is enough to hold up a crop anyways. I think the breed has to have button ears or semiprick ears to successfully hold up a crop.

finn's mom
10-01-2006, 09:51 PM
I don't think it's necessarily physically possible to crop any breed. Take spaniels and hounds (especially bassets), for instance. Their ears are naturally very large and heavy without the fur. I don't think the cartilage in their ears is enough to hold up a crop anyways. I think the breed has to have button ears or semiprick ears to successfully hold up a crop.

True. I was mostly referring to cropping in and of itself. Not necessarily if a dog's ears would stand up after cropping (heck even some of the breeds it's typically done on don't stand up ;)), but, just that you could physically cut any dog's ears.

Muddy4paws
10-02-2006, 04:40 AM
I want to steal her!!

You know my opinion on the whole ear thing because we have talked about it before but she really does look alot better! As I said before maybe you should post photos of the other boxer you posted to show people thats how you wanted the ears.

Im so jealous, I REALLY want a puppy right now!

GiantSchnauzer
10-02-2006, 02:36 PM
I don't understand how it's a bad crop? Yes, they look short but that doesn't make them bad. They may even be longer than they appear. She has the cone on blocking the view. There are different styles to cropping. My breed has a working and show crop.
Taping depends on the dog. Some will stand on their own others will need to be taped.

Very cute puppy. Good luck with her!

zoomer
10-13-2006, 09:24 AM
When I saw those pictures, it made me go OUCH! I could just feel her pain. I definetley don't agree with the idea of cropping her ears... anyway, either way she's a cutie pie!

Also, just because the ears are short doesn't mean it a bad cropping job. I don't see anything wrong with it. Who did the cropping job, though?

Corinna
10-13-2006, 11:19 AM
It's been a couple weeks how about an up date pics so we can see them healing ?