PDA

View Full Version : Guess What's Coming Up....

Rachel
06-02-2002, 08:54 AM
It's PET TALK's Second Anniversary!

On 6-23-00 Karen and Paul registered as the first Pet Talkers. And the rest is history. Hours of enjoyment getting to know your fur (and feathered) kids, many wonderful acqaintences, some dearly cherished friends, lots of laughs, heartaches shared and losses consoled and an experience I will never forget (having Graham with me for 2 days) have all resulted from joining this board. Maybe a nice quiet celebration is in order...like recounting some memorable posts. For me it would have to be Sandra(Tatsxxx11)...and her Star's original version of the HURL-A-SQUIRREL. http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=855&highlight=squirrel

Anyway, in anticipation of the upcoming ANNIVERSARY (you got to be early around here to be first) HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to Karen and Paul...and all the Pet Talkers who enjoy this site

Dixieland Dancer
06-02-2002, 09:25 AM
Happy Anniversary Pet Talk!

One of my favorite stories was started by Sandra too! :cool: It was about dogs feet smelling like Frito's Corn Chips! :D

Here's the link!

Frito Feet Anyone??? (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2619&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)

Thanks Karen and Paul for starting this wonderful site! ;) And thanks to all you wonderful pet lovers who make this such a fun place to spend time! :D

Albea
06-02-2002, 12:10 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KAREN AND PAUL! AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION TO MAKE THIS BOARD THE FRIENDLY PLACE IT IS, WHERE WE CAN ALL COME TO SHARE THE HAPPY,AND SOMETIMES HEARTBREAKING,STORIES ABOUT OUR CHERISHED PETS

C.C.'s Mom
06-02-2002, 12:18 PM
Happy Anniversary PetTalk!!!
It's been 3 wonderful years. I've never ever been to a site as wonderful as this one. I really feel at home here, and I'm glad to be a member of this petloving family.

Randi
06-02-2002, 02:09 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Pet Talk!

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/the%20wave.GIF http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/the%20wave.GIF

Thank you Karen & Paul for your hard work and dedication to this board! And thanks to all Pettalkers for making it such a friendly place to come and share stories about our precious pets! It’s the best pet site I have come across! Please keep it running! :)

http://www.hoxie.org/clipart/c18.gif

Heather Wallace
06-02-2002, 03:52 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TP YOU!

THANK YOU TO ALL OF MY NEW FRIENDS WHO HAVE HELPED ME OUT OVER THE PAST WEEK, THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO ME DURING MY TIME OF NEED (THE DEATH OF EBONY).

XXXXXXX

anna_66
06-02-2002, 06:38 PM
"Happy Anniversary!"
Thank you Paul & Karen for creating such a wonderful place for people like me & the others to bring their problems, share their knowledge & get to know other people from around the world! Some of the people (even though we've never met) are my best friends! What did I ever do without Pet Talk?! I would be lost now without it:)
Thank you
Anna, Angus & Roxey

krazyaboutkatz
06-03-2002, 12:33 AM
Happy Anniversary Pet Talk!!!! Even though I'm still fairly new here, I don't know what I'd do without this place. Thank you Karen and Paul for creating such a wonderful place for animal lovers to visit. I've learned a lot already and expect to learn much more. The people here are also so nice and friendly. I'm proud to be a member of Pet Talk.:D :) ;) :p :cool: :D

Ann
06-03-2002, 07:28 AM
Happy Anniversary Pet Talk :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
06-03-2002, 08:06 AM
Happy Anniversary to Pet Talk!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/p257606a6bc49ae6440a111f57e398536/fdae48c4.gif
Here's to many more years!

jackiesdaisy1935
06-03-2002, 09:24 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO PET TALK AND KAREN AND PAUL
This is one of the few place where one can come and enjoy talking to other pet lovers and make wonderful new friends.
Some of my favorite posts were "Sandra and the Frito Feet", "Pam finally getting her Poodle and bringing Bella home"
"Logan and her raccoons" the posts on Rachels "Naughty Dog Hannah and the lovable Tucker" I could go on and on.
A Big Thank You to Paul and Karen.
Miss Daisy, Perry and Jackie

gini
06-03-2002, 10:08 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KAREN AND PAUL

There is no question, this site has brought out the best in all of us and allowed us to make new friends and share in the joys of being owned by pets.

There have been so many wonderful moments on Pet Talk that I don't think I can pinpoint one favorite - although "frito feet" is right up there at the top along with Amuck Amuck.

Have you noticed that Karen and Paul don't travel as much and leave us to our own devices? ZippyKat - where are you?

Cinder and Smoke, your stories have made me laugh and cry - and we could use more of them.

Karen and Paul - a huge thank you for being who you are and putting up with all of the nonsense that we have handed you to moderate.

We all love you to pieces!!

Gini and Rascal (or is it RASCAL and gini?)

Freckles
06-03-2002, 12:24 PM
and thank you for my favorite site.
One of my favorite threads is Cinder wants to keep the stray she found.. (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3850&perpage=15&pagenumber=1). It's just a great story..very long, but fun to read. It's also an introduction to Jasper's Mom. (on my computer it's page 14). She tells the story of her missing cat.
So, my most favorite thread is My Jasper is Home! (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5932)

Both of these threads use the earlier version of PT so some of smilies don't work and many of the pics aren't available either, but the words are still there!

I, too, think we need to get an update from Cinder & Smoke.

Karen
06-03-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by gini
[b]HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KAREN AND PAUL

Have you noticed that Karen and Paul don't travel as much and leave us to our own devices? ZippyKat - where are you?

We just don't tell you - we were away this weekend, but didn't warn you - so no one ran amuck and now we're back so there! :)

Logan
06-03-2002, 12:59 PM
Well darn!!! We missed an opportunity!!! LOL!!! I now Zippy Kat is out of town too, so we probably wouldn't be too bad while she is away! :o Hope you had a nice weekend away, Karen, and thank you for providing such a happy place for all of us to be!! I wasn't your first member, but I sure joined quickly after Pet Talk started, even if it was under a different name at the time.

We all love it here, and some great friendships have been formed....the kind that will last a lifetime. :) I'm getting all sappy now. Hehehe!! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-03-2002, 01:29 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!
PET TALK!!! :D
I've become very fond of our Pet Talk family. That's what we seem to be, to me anyway. :cool: :D

AmberLee
06-03-2002, 03:24 PM
Happy Anniversary,
Happy Anniversary,
Happy Anniversary,
Haaaaaaappy Aaaaanniversary!!!!

It's been such a blast being here, making friends in the flesh and through cyberspace, sharing hopes, dreams, sorrows, and :o confessions. I remember most of the threads listed and have this goofy grin on my face at the memories. {{{grouphug!!}}} You all are the greatest and have brought such joy to my life. You are blessings. I'm so glad Karen and Paul created this wonderful place.

tatsxxx11
06-03-2002, 04:57 PM
Life before Pet Talk?????? It's a blur!:D What wonderful friends I have made here, both human and furry, thanks to the hard work and dedication of Karen and Paul! Congratulations to Pet Talk, to Karen and Paul and to all of the members who make it so very special!!

lynnestankard
06-03-2002, 05:06 PM
CONGRATULATIONS TO KAREN AND PAUL

We say it a lot - but this is the best site around and your both sooooo patient with us all!! Thank you.
I feel I've made so many friends on this site and laughed and cried with lots of them. But this is - and always will be One Very Special Place To Be.

Lynne

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/council.gif

Pam
06-03-2002, 05:17 PM
I have been a Pet Talker since June 29, 2000. Honestly if anyone would have told me two years ago that I would become addicted to a web site I would have said they are crazy. Then one day I stumbled across this site and found the most friendly people people here just having fun talking about their pets. I honestly don't know what puts the magic in Pet Talk except it has the nicest people you could ever want to meet and two very special moderators. Thank you Karen and Paul! After all of the reading and yacking that I have done I am still learning new things and still laughing (and occasionally crying) at the predicaments that our pets can get themselves into. One of my early memories is about the original Bella here at Pet Talk (a toy poodle who was tragically mauled by a couple of very large dogs and eventually died.) The lengths that her human went to in order to try and rehabilitate her (she was paralyzed) were to me some of the most noble reading I had ever done. It made me feel that here was a group of people who were serious pet owners as I was and I was proud to be a part of this group. Though my Bella was not named after her, when my husband came up with the name Bella I immediately thought of this sweetie at the RB and quickly agreed to the name. Her story, and so many others since, has touched me beyond words! I hope to be reading and yacking for a LONG LONG time in the future!

AdoreMyDogs
06-08-2002, 05:30 PM
Better late then never....I am so happy that I happened upon Pet Talk and found all you wonderful people. I feel that I have made some good friendships, friendships that I feel very fortunate to have. Rachel, I also will never forget meeting you, Hannah and Tucker and Casey and having you babysit Graham. That was so special for me. I really care about you all and I am greatful for finding this site. Thank you again and again, Karen and Paul, for starting the site and helping me meet such wonderful, beautiful, like-minded people with whom I am honored to call my friends.

Yay Pet Talk. Yay Karen and Paul.