PDA

View Full Version : Terri Irwin's interview with Ray Martin online

K9soul
09-28-2006, 10:41 PM
Interview here (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6344506678641907015&q=ray+martin+terri+irwin)

I found this and thought I'd post the link, it is extremely touching. I actually enjoyed it more than Barbara Walters' interview, Ray seemed so comforting and kind with her. Don't watch it without kleenex though. In the middle the sound seems to get off from the visual some but the whole thing is there.

kimlovescats
09-29-2006, 12:28 AM
Thank you. I watched, I cried. :(

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-29-2006, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the link. That was so much better than the Barbara Walters one, Ray actually looked like he cared. I watched the entire thing, and cried through it all aswell :(. He was such a wonderful man..

Pawsitive Thinking
09-29-2006, 05:07 AM
Going to invest in some waterproof mascara and a ton of tissues before I look at this :(

Steve would be so proud of her

K9soul
09-29-2006, 08:30 AM
That was so much better than the Barbara Walters one, Ray actually looked like he cared.

That is what bothered me about the Barbara Walters one. She just seemed to stay so impassive in the face of Terri's grief. I know she's done many an interview and seen many a tragedy, but it just bothered me at times during the interview. Ray reached out to Terri when she was really struggling, he seemed to have more compassion. Bless her heart. I've never lost someone that I didn't "know" that affected me so deeply. But with Steve and his honesty and joy in sharing himself, we all did get to know him. True Blue indeed.

ramanth
09-29-2006, 08:49 AM
Thanks for sharing that. I too, enjoyed it more than the 20/20 interview.

I still can't believe he's really gone. :(

lvpets2002
09-29-2006, 10:43 AM
I too agree it was so much better than 20/20.. I cried all over again.. I feel for her & think she is such a brave women & Bindi will be the rock for her mum..

Logan
09-29-2006, 05:18 PM
I never followed Steve Irwin as I didn't do well with the crocs, snakes and other creatures he encountered, but I did know who he was and I did watch the link you posted, Jess. And yes, I cried. I don't know Ray Martin from Adam, but he did a wonderful job interviewing her and supporting her through the whole thing.

Thank you for posting that link.

Logan

wolflady
09-29-2006, 06:08 PM
Gosh, that was heart-wrenching. I can't imagine being that strong after losing a spouse. Amazing woman. Of course, I cried. :(

Thanks for posting that as I had missed the BW interview.