PDA

View Full Version : Tonight was so weird!

BC_MoM
09-28-2006, 09:55 PM
Tonight I was on MSN when someone when a .co.uk MSN address messaged me. He was swearing at me and such. I noticed the .co.uk and kind of recognized the email address.

I asked him if his name was David. It was. I asked him if he lived in Wales. He did.

I told him he was my cousin. He replied by swearing at me more and saying I was no cousin of us his and he blocked me.

I emailed him, telling him to hear me out and listing off my immediate family who had come from Europe.

(Last winter, my Nana had given a cousin of mine in Wales my MSN address and he never talked to me).

So he unblocked me and said, "Oh my God.. are you serious???" and he asked if I knew certain people like Cora. "Yes," I said, "She's my great aunt". And he said, "She's my Nana!"

So I prooved him wrong! He IS my cousin! Our Nana's are sisters, our Mom's are cousins. It was SO weird!!

We ended up talking a whole lot, and he went on webcam and microphone and we told our families, who called other relatives.

It's the first relative I've talked to from Europe, except for a few older relatives who have come over to Canada to visit (only 4 of them). He's only 4 months older than me.

Wow. What a weird day! But all in all, he seems really cool! I'm looking forward to getting to know him more! :)

Vette
09-28-2006, 10:01 PM
That is rather weird :eek:

i have emailed my aunt a couple of times who ive never met,, but we
got her email address over the phone,, so not quite the samething

glade you two found each other :D

jackie
09-28-2006, 10:01 PM
how did he get your email address and why was he swearing at you?

:confused:

BC_MoM
09-28-2006, 10:03 PM
My Nana gave it to him while she was in Wales once. He was swearing at me because, well, I don't know exactly, he said it was his friend; but because he didn't know who I was at the time.

moosmom
09-28-2006, 11:26 PM
What a great story (except for the swearing). I LOVE finding family members. I called my long lost uncle who the rest of the family sort of disowned. He's my mother's brother. I hadn't seen him since I was 15 (we're talking almost 40 years. I connected with him and have kept in touch (without letting the rest of my family know). I also spoke to his daughter, Maryanne. My uncle told me things about my family I never knew before, and also help me with some medical history, now that I have no one else to confirm it with. I never knew my grandfather had a brother John. Go figure.

I hope you can eventually meet up with your cousin.

Pembroke_Corgi
09-28-2006, 11:28 PM
That's cool you found him. Wales would be a cool place to visit! :)

My grandfather has spent years looking for family in Germany, and finally found a relative that wrote him back! It's always fun to find long lost family members. :D

Dorothy39
09-29-2006, 05:55 AM
BC_Mom~~~~ That is simply Wild and so Wonderful!!!!!~~~~~~~

You're talking about MSN Messenger? Right?

At least that's what I think happened.

Jessika
09-29-2006, 01:03 PM
...but still why would you randomly IM someone you'd never talked to before and didn't know who it was and just start swearing at them and then block them?? LOL

Anyway at least it had a happy ending, I'm happy for ya Jess :D

Cataholic
09-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Cool and swearing at someone (for no reason, yet) doesn't sound like a match for me!

I mean, I am glad you found a family member...but, really, the rest doesn't sound too great. :confused:

cyber-sibes
09-29-2006, 01:25 PM
That's pretty weird, but weird things happen. Perhaps he will be nicer to you from now on. It must have been exciting when he realized that you two really are cousins.

Argranade
09-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Ha thats pretty funny. :p

Glad it worked out tho.

BC_MoM
09-29-2006, 04:17 PM
You're talking about MSN Messenger? Right?

Yes, MSN messenger. :)

Cool and swearing at someone (for no reason, yet) doesn't sound like a match for me!

I mean, I am glad you found a family member...but, really, the rest doesn't sound too great. :confused:

Why do you say that? I failed to mention (on purpose) that he was drunk, and said it was his friend who swore.

Just because someone swears doesn't make them a horrible person. I don't see why it doesn't sound like a good match.