PDA

View Full Version : Never a dull moment at our house

Logan
09-28-2006, 04:05 PM
I couldn't decide whether to post this in Cat General or Dog General, so I just decided "General" instead! :p

I had a call from my doctor's office this morning regarding my results from some medical tests I had on Tuesday, and there was one thing concerning them that prompted yet another test, which ended up being scheduled for this afternoon. I had to come home early from work and start drinking this Barium "cocktail" to be prepared for the CT scan.

As if there isn't enough going on around here with just life, dogs, etc, this afternoon, as I was starting to drink the Barium, I heard the strangest noise coming from another part of the house, almost like a squeal, so I got up to come see, and Lilly, Mack and Gracie had their noses pressed up against the gate between the kitchen and living room and on the other side of the gate is Butter (the cat) and his newest "toy", a young squirrel. A LIVE squirrel. :eek: My DH was on his way home to take me for my tests (what a sweetheart), but he wasn't here yet so I was on my own. I couldn't believe that the dogs never barked. Nor could I believe that all 4 of them let Butter come across the deck, through the sliding glass door (I had it open, but the screen was closed.....until Mack pushed it open with his snout...he's good at that), through the kitchen and over the gate and never tried to get that squirrel. I think they were in shock. Well, I was too. The first thing I did was grab Butter by the scruff of his neck and put him in the bathroom, hoping all the while that the squirrel stayed put and the dogs did too. Then I grabbed a towel and went to put it over the squirrel to get him outside and he got away and ended up running under the entertainment system in the living room. No way could I ever move that thing to get him out from behind it, so I had to use Scott's tripod and try to guide him out. He literally climbed the wall (we have grasscloth on the walls in that room). I was finally able to catch him, by the grace of God, wrap him up in the towel and put him outside. I never touched him and just covered him completely. I hope he is ok. I'm sure the poor thing was about to have a heart attack. I know I was! I don't know if I told you, but last week or the week before, Butter killed two squirrels in one day. I found 1 1/2 squirrels in the driveway that day. I sure am glad he didn't do THAT inside my house.

There is never a dull moment at this house.

Logan

cyber-sibes
09-28-2006, 04:41 PM
:D LOL! 'bout got me rollin on the floor on that one! I'm glad you were able to free the squirrel without harm to yourself or him! Good luck with your test. (Mmmm, aren't those barium shakes just yummy?)

My Peanuts
09-28-2006, 04:43 PM
OMG! I would have freaked out!

kuhio98
09-28-2006, 05:39 PM
Wow! Butter must be fast! Kuhio chased squirrels for 17 years and never got close!

Dorothy39
09-28-2006, 06:00 PM
MMMM, I sure do (not) miss those Barium tonics, and, the CT Scans!!!!

Wait, I have to grab a live Squirrel!!!!
Talk about "Never a Dull Moment!!! :eek:

That's KRAZZZEEEE!!!

Glad you saved that poor little guy!!!

Hoping those additional tests go smoothly!!!!

lizbud
09-28-2006, 06:24 PM
:D LOL! 'bout got me rollin on the floor on that one! I'm glad you were able to free the squirrel without harm to yourself or him! Good luck with your test. (Mmmm, aren't those barium shakes just yummy?)

LOL here too. :D

Excuse me for laughing at your misfortune Logan, but I could just picture
you trying to get the squirrel out from under the entertainment center. :D
I'm so glad he got out of the house unharmed.(scared half to death, but
unharmed. :) You know, there isn't a fence made that could have stopped
my Maggie when there's a squirrel involved. She goes INSANE. :)

Barium, humm, wouldn't be a ulcer would it? Hope your testing turns out
good for you.

Edwina's Secretary
09-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Dear Butter....

Dude! You can catch squirrels??? I am in awe of your awesomeness. I have been chased by a squirrel, tormented by a squirrel....chastised by a squirrel....but never in my wildest dream could I catch a squirrel.

You are my idol....

Eddie

Pam
09-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Dear Butter,

You're pretty cool for a c-a-t and deserve a *paws up* for that little stunt. What I wouldn't give to catch a squirrel. I am jealous that you were able to get that critter in the house and even still alive. :cool: I tried hard with my bird but my humans tricked me. :mad: Anyways, I bet it was fun watching your person try to catch your prize. :p

With respect,
Bella

BC_MoM
09-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Wow!! I can't imagine my two ever catching a squirrel. That's crazy! That squirrel would have stayed in the house until someone else got home. I wouldn't have touched it! lol

Logan
09-28-2006, 08:33 PM
No ulcer, Liz. That, at least, has been ruled out. We'll see!

I think Butter is pooped now afer his escapades today. He is sacked out on the back of a chair. :)

Mom is pooped, too! I swear, I would have loved to have a video of those dogs staring at that squirrel, not knowing what to do, and then me chasing the darned thing all over the living room. I knew we had to leave and there was no way I could leave him loose in the house and there was no way to close off the room! Do you guys remember that Ray Stevens song about the squirrel in church? I can't remember the name, but that's what I was thinking about once I got that squirrel outside. :p

Logan

slick
09-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Dear Logan....I see the humour in your thread but I'm not laughing. I'm concerned about YOU and sending lots of {{{hugs}}} and prayers. I do hope you are OK. :(

Logan
09-28-2006, 10:25 PM
I sent you a PM, Slick.

Please laugh..........now that it is over, it really was funny, afterward!!! :)

We're going to be positive about things with me. I'm going to be fine! Just need some answers.

Logan

dukedogsmom
09-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Oh my! I don't think I'd enjoy finding 1 1/2 squirrels. I'm glad this one was spared. LOL at the dogs being in shock. Sounds like a circus. And I've heard those barium coctails are not tasty or fun.

moosmom
09-28-2006, 11:13 PM
Logan,

That would've made a great Funniest Animal Videos!!!

Rachel
09-29-2006, 06:21 AM
Holy Moley! Dogs in shock is right - I can't imagine this happening in our house without the roof being raised from the barking and pure pandemonium. What is the most amazing is that you caught the squirrel who had enough gumption left (post-Butter) to climb a wall. Video of the look on the dogs faces? - Shoot, I want to see the whole episode! I wonder if that CT test will show some jangling nerves.

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-29-2006, 06:32 AM
good grief Butter!! You have some serious skills there!!!
I never have that much excitment at my house!!!! maybe i need to get some dogs!!!! :)

*i'll spare you the the butter butter bo butter song* ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-29-2006, 07:13 AM
Logan,

That would've made a great Funniest Animal Videos!!!

He he, that was my first thought too!!

I hope that test wasn't mixed up with all the commotion?? Bwahhhh, I hate those "barium-drinks" !

Pawsitive Thinking
09-29-2006, 08:20 AM
So sweet of them to distract you from your tests...........

momoffuzzyfaces
09-29-2006, 01:24 PM
LOL!!!
I think the Ray Stevens song is "the Mississippi Squirrel Revival"!!!
I was thinking of it when I read your adventure!!! Giving old Ray a run for his squirrel, eh? ;) :D

Barbara
09-29-2006, 03:52 PM
As I am Butter's best human friend I am sure he only wanted to introduce the squirrel to you- and he didn't think you reacted very polite.

Wow, these meezers are quite the Asian ninja cats ;) .... To catch a squirrel....

zoey
09-29-2006, 03:58 PM
Nothing like pets, and their never ending drama, to take your mind off your illness. :D
Hope it works out alright. Bleh. That Barium is no fun!!
**HUGS** and good thoughts your way.

Logan
09-29-2006, 05:23 PM
BTW, I got good news on my tests, medical tests ;) , this morning, and all the things I was worrying about are just fine. I did find a dead squirrel in my yard this morning.......hope it wasn't the same one who was in my house, yesterday. :(

I like squirrels, but apparently my Butter does too. I wish they would just stay away from this house! Now we have had 3 deceased and one live, inside, in the last couple of weeks. I'm ready for this to end.

Logan

zoey
09-29-2006, 05:29 PM
Good medical tests!
Hey, thats good news!!
Celebrate this weekend! You deserve it!! :)