PDA

View Full Version : Two Deputies Shot

dukedogsmom
09-28-2006, 01:49 PM
Sad local news
LAKELAND, Fla. -- Police are searching for a man who shot two Polk County sheriff's deputies Thursday. The shooting happened in north Lakeland near a high school, which television reports says is locked down.
A sheriff's spokeswoman says the deputies were taken to the hospital following the early afternoon shooting in north Lakeland. Their condition has not been released Kathleen High School and McKeel Academy Middle School are under lockdown, according to WFTS-TV in Tampa.Helicopter TV images show armed police wearing body armor searching a wooded area with traffic backed up on nearby Interstate 4.Media reports said the suspect was a black man with his hair in dreadlocks wearing black clothing. Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

http://www.local6.com/news/9956114/detail.html
www.baynews9.com
Names haven't been released yet because of family notification. I hope they'll be alright.
Also shot was a K9. Suspect still hasn't been located.

Jadapit
09-28-2006, 01:52 PM
I swear, I dont know whats happening to the world these days. People are insane. I posted in the dog house about another scool shooting that happened here in Colorado yesterday. What in the he double l is wrong with people?!?

areias
09-28-2006, 03:30 PM
I can't stand Lakeland...it's really a pretty bad city...sure there are a few nice parts, but gosh so many drugs and violence and such.

dukedogsmom
09-28-2006, 05:33 PM
K9 deputy and his dog died :(

Dorothy39
09-28-2006, 06:04 PM
I have that news station on my favorites, because, My one of my kids lives in Polk County, Near Orlando, FL. :eek:

Like Jadapit commented, What in the H double L is going on with the Gun Freaks lately.

Very disturbing!!! and, also very SAD :(

Jadapit
09-28-2006, 06:18 PM
K9 deputy and his dog died :(

How very sad... :(

BC_MoM
09-28-2006, 07:00 PM
These kinds of things shouldn't happen. Officers put their lives on the line, but they shouldn't have to be taken!

dukedogsmom
09-29-2006, 04:27 PM
Rest in peace, knowing justice has been done.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/williamsanddiogi.jpg

momoffuzzyfaces
09-29-2006, 04:34 PM
The creep still had Officer Matt Williams gun on him when he was taken out by sharpshooters this morning!!!

RIP Matt and Diogi!!! :(

BitsyNaceyDog
09-29-2006, 04:46 PM
I saw that on the TV. I forgot that that's where you work. It's so sad.

They did get the guy today. On the TV they said that a member of the Swat team shot and killed the guy.

caseysmom
09-29-2006, 05:08 PM
What a senslesess loss of life...how sad.

elizabethann
09-29-2006, 05:19 PM
We just saw a Police K9 demonstration yesterday at the Deerfield Fair. When we got home, we heard about this. How sad. I hope they catch the coward.

Logan
09-29-2006, 05:20 PM
I am so sorry that the two deputies were shot and one died. And I know this will sound very "un-Christian" of me, but I am so glad that guy was killed and we won't go through years of trials to sentence him to death. :( I will pray for the families of those who were affected.

*LabLoverKEB*
09-29-2006, 06:53 PM
How sad. What has our world come to these days? :( :mad: I swear, something needs to be done.

areias
09-29-2006, 08:03 PM
Update on story, they shot and killed the guy. Can't run for too long...I'm glad they caught him though.

Ginger's Mom
09-29-2006, 08:41 PM
RIP Deputy Williams and Diogi. Thank you, Val, for putting some very real faces to this story.

RICHARD
09-29-2006, 11:44 PM
"I took the cloth of his hand and saw a fire arm"

And then 9 SWAT guys shot him with me standing there.
:confused:

--------------

I love Southern Justice. ;)

dukedogsmom
09-30-2006, 04:32 AM
"I took the cloth of his hand and saw a fire arm"

And then 9 SWAT guys shot him with me standing there.
:confused:

--------------

I love Southern Justice. ;)
Not quite sure what you mean........

RICHARD
09-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Not quite sure what you mean........

The Grand Poobah stated that 9 officers shot that scumbag.

Having stood next to a person shooting a 357 (and getting burnt by the powder) Having 9 guys blowing off caps if I was next to the target would make me superman!