PDA

View Full Version : URI got to my fuzzykids

Anikaca77
09-28-2006, 07:54 AM
Hi all,

As most of you are aware I took in a kitten from my Bellefonte rescue and that kitten "Hermes" had an URI, well then he passed it onto Sebastian and he's feeling a little better but now my other girl cat has it Ashley. She was so sick last night, her eye was weeping, I put some antibiotic cream in it and she couldn't breathe out of her nose very well and she would just look at me with a pitiful look. I started her on some augmenton that I had that the vet gave me for my other cats incase they got sick and this morning she looks better, her ears are cool and so is her nose and her eye looks so much better. Man I was so scared last night I thought about getting her medical attention last night just because she looked so miserable and sick but now she looks much better although I think I'll do the 5 days of antibiotic just to make sure she kicks this URI.

Melissa

Freedom
09-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Glad to hear all are on the mend. I think it is a good idea to finish the antibiotic course of treatment.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-28-2006, 10:51 AM
Glad to hear she's feeling better today, and that they're all getting better. Nothing worse than having sick kitties in the house. :)

kimlovescats
09-28-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm sorry to hear that the URI has spread through your kitties. MANY of us here have and still are dealing with the same. The medication should be continued!

Good luck!
Kim ;)

catmandu
09-28-2006, 05:13 PM
We are praying for your Little Ones that that URI will pass them by, and that they will all grow to be Big Beautiful Cats.

Anikaca77
09-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Ashley is now still sick, she's sitting here sleeping up and she swallows very hard and my other one Claudia is sick and I have them on an antibotic but I just don't know they only got there second dose today but I'm so worried it won't help they both look so pitiful.

Any suggestions as to what to give a cat with a sore throat??

I tried ice cream she won't take it and I even tried her favorite frezzer pops and nothing.

Any suggestions are appreciated thank you. I'm so worried about these two. :(
Melissa

Anikaca77
10-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Well I've decided to take Claudia and Ashley to the vets. I'm just getting so worried about them and especially since I think one of them either threw up what looked like diahrea or pooped it.

Catlady711
10-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Well I've decided to take Claudia and Ashley to the vets. I'm just getting so worried about them and especially since I think one of them either threw up what looked like diahrea or pooped it.

Awww your poor furbabies! I hope they feel better soon!! Please keep us updated.

Anikaca77
10-03-2006, 07:35 AM
Well I took my two girls to the vets yesterday and they are still on amoxy but I had a fecal sample tested and everything turned out good there so that's a relief. There was no fever either so that was a good sign. Hopefully they will feel better soon.