PDA

View Full Version : Feeding the outside kitty

Sevaede
09-27-2006, 01:12 PM
In the past few days, I have noticed that we have one or two outside kitties that live on the collapsing porch of the uninhabitated house next door.

They are grey. They could be the same cat as I have only seen them/it twice, once from behind and once from in front. From front it/one of them looks to be a senior cat. His patterns resemble Gary's RB Moose with the colours of JJJ3.

I put out a big bowl of food and a big bowl of water in hopes that I may become friends with them/it.

Names, anyone?

Catty1
09-27-2006, 01:17 PM
How about JJ Moose? Gary would like that! :)

Gin
09-27-2006, 07:00 PM
I wish you well with your new outdoor cats! Please post some pictures of them!

Sevaede
09-27-2006, 07:23 PM
That's a great idea, Catty! That is what he shall be dubbed, with Gary's approval (I don't know if it would be too soon for him or not).

momcat
09-27-2006, 08:23 PM
The way to a kitty's heart is through providing a full tummy. I love the suggestion for a name! Groucho sends you "thank you for helping" kitty hugs and kitty kisses. Bless you!

kimlovescats
09-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Food and shelter, before names! ;) :D

catmandu
09-28-2006, 09:27 AM
JJ Moose would be more than fine with me.
Could you think JJ Shemp, in honor of my Little Meezer who just passed on.
Or Shemp Moose.
Thank You for thinking of my Cats.
We appreciate this more than we can say.

Beauty17
09-28-2006, 10:54 AM
I just wanted to say that it strikes me that you have such a gentle and generous heart. And I never did say sorry about Shemp. (I really like that name, by the way - and it rings a bell somewhere off in the distance, but I can't remember where I've heard it before - somewhere in the title of a book, maybe.) Take care.

Sevaede
09-28-2006, 01:48 PM
I just wanted to say that it strikes me that you have such a gentle and generous heart. And I never did say sorry about Shemp. (I really like that name, by the way - and it rings a bell somewhere off in the distance, but I can't remember where I've heard it before - somewhere in the title of a book, maybe.) Take care.

George of the Jungle, maybe? His big pet elephant was named Shemp.

Sevaede
09-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Heh, yes kim. :p The little kitty has food and came pretty close to me today! I bent down but then he ran off. :(

Gary, I think Shemp Moose is a wonderful name! Hopefully, Shemp Moose will join my household. He looks like a senior cat and I hope to get him in before winter starts. :D

Sevaede
09-28-2006, 04:25 PM
I've confirmed that it is TWO kitties. There is Shemp Moose (the grey DMH, possibly senior) and a young dilute calico girl. The girl seems much less skiddish. She was sitting about four feet from me while I tossed lunch meat for them. So, wish me luck on getting these two cats indoors!

catmandu
09-28-2006, 04:55 PM
Shep was Georges Elephant.
Shemp was comic actor Shemp Howard 1895 - 1955.
He was a very funny actor who had a great solo career until his younger brother Curly had a stroke.
He then rejoined the Three Stooges until his passing.
He was known for his heeep heep heep heep, and his boxing dance in which he would confront his foes.
Shemp was an animal lover, and a very generous warm heated man.
The best of luck with Shemp Moose and JJJ4.

Freedom
09-29-2006, 07:26 AM
Good luck catching them, let us know!

You DO realize these are the last 2 kitties you will be able to capture, right? I can already hear the meows on the kitty grapevine: "Yeah, the people in that house lure you in with lunch meat, but it is all a trick! Once they have you, they expect you to eat HEALTHY!!" :D