PDA

View Full Version : Nylon Dog Collars?

flowergirl
09-27-2006, 10:27 AM
I am always on the search for new dog collars for my two. I like the nylon webbing collars (because they are easier to keep clean). And, pretty patterned of course. ;)

Can anyone suggest some good websites to me. I never seem to find good ones when I am searching.

Thanks!

lv4dogs
09-27-2006, 11:17 AM
I love the Spiffy dog collars:
http://www.spiffydog.biz/collars.html

Loupine is another one of my favorites:
http://www.lupinepet.com/

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-27-2006, 05:12 PM
My favourite site for nylon collars is www.3dirtydawgz.com. They also have ptions as to what type of collar you'd like such as a martingale, metal snap/buckle, or plastic snap/buckle. I recently ordered 7 from there and love them all.

Suki Wingy
09-27-2006, 05:52 PM
I've ordered one from www.blockydogs.com but I'm still waiting on it.

areias
09-27-2006, 09:21 PM
Thanks for posting those. :)

I find that Petsmart/Petco/PetMart is a little expensive for collars that are rather ordinary, especially collars for a female dog. I bought a gorgeous red pleather one for Romeo from Petsmart, but I am looking for something special for Zoie. I saw one at Pet Supermarket that I fell in LOVE with, but it was $30! For a simple collar, no way. I also tend to like the martingale collars, and not many petstores carry pretty martingale collars.

Aspen and Misty
09-27-2006, 10:26 PM
I personally love these collars

http://www.glamourdog.com/collarsmain.html

A dog who coms into my work has one and WOW is it beautiful!

Ashley

finn's mom
09-28-2006, 08:02 AM
You could check out bella bean stuff, I'm sure they have a site. We sell it at the facility i work at. Earth Dog stuff is cool, too, but, I don't know that they have any nylon parts, but, they're similar looking to nylon collars. I think a lot, if not all, of them are made partly or completely of hemp. They're cool, though!

finn's mom
09-28-2006, 08:04 AM
yup. it's bellabeancouture.com :)

and earthdog.com

flowergirl
09-28-2006, 08:57 AM
Thanks everyone! the best collars i have bought them are from RuffWear, but designs are limited and i like to change it up. I like these so much because they are all woven nylon, there is not the ribbon overlay. i find that is what gets dirty and won't come clean!

i do loooove the designs at 3dirtydogs. anyone who has these-do you find the collars are easily cleaned?
i never have thought of hemp for collars. i like the earth dogs designs, too. it says machine washable. anyone who has used these-does dirt come out?

thanks again for your replies!!

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Thanks everyone! the best collars i have bought them are from RuffWear, but designs are limited and i like to change it up. I like these so much because they are all woven nylon, there is not the ribbon overlay. i find that is what gets dirty and won't come clean!

i do loooove the designs at 3dirtydogs. anyone who has these-do you find the collars are easily cleaned?
i never have thought of hemp for collars. i like the earth dogs designs, too. it says machine washable. anyone who has used these-does dirt come out?

thanks again for your replies!!

I love both Earthdog and 3DirtyDawgz. Those are the two main companies I buy my collars from. They are both very easily machine washable :).

Giselle
09-28-2006, 07:29 PM
List of collar makers (usually martingales):

www.2houndsdesign.com
GreyhoundMagnets.com
www.majesticcollars.com
www.aroundthehounds.com
www.centralarkansaspetsitting.com/customcollars.htm
www.my-shops.net
www.pacific-rain.com
www.dogdayz.ca
www.asplashofcollar.com
community.webshots.com/user/nharlow
www.collarsandstuff.com
www.greenmtdogcollars.com
stores.ebay.com/Perfect-Pet-Collars
www.hurricanehoundesigns.com
www.classicollars.com
www.hotcoats4coolhounds.com
www.stylewithoscar.com
stores.ebay.ca/Greyhound-Collars-and-Coats
community.webshots.com/user/nancybnj
www.stores.ebay.com/fitforaknight
www.ifitbarks.com
www.houndstown.com
www.community.webshots.com/user/needlenosecollars
www.kerrykollars.com
www.LongDogLeather.com
acreaturecomfort.com/houseofearl.htm
www.vnaughtmats.com
www.needlenoseapparel.com
(taken from GT's list of member merchants - http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?showtopic=48958)

Cleaning collars is very simple. This advice comes directly from the maker of Giselle's collars: Simply toss the collars into an empty pillowcase and set the washing machine on delicates. Air dry the collars and, voila, they're nice and clean!

BC_MoM
09-28-2006, 07:30 PM
I think I'll be asking for a gift certificate for 3 Dirty Dawgz for Xmas. They have SUCH nice collars! Great prices, too! :eek: