PDA

View Full Version : $18.00 for a bag of cat food!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-27-2006, 06:42 AM
Yep!! That is what i just paid for Jupiter's prescription cat food. Since he had the UTI the vet put him on the Eukanuba low PH/S food.

Chris was telling his friend that I had to go to the vet to get Jupiter some special food... and his friend just didn't get it. But to me it doesn't seem like a chore or anything out of the ordinary! Im glad for my kitties. Im glad they have the best loving home possible (not to brag of course ;) ). And $18.00 for a bag of cat food.. is worth it... for him to be healthy!!!!

smile for the camera Mr. Kat!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid211/p1c20f1b1ddd12d25853e49a2a0f022be/ed8e335b.jpg

Abby&Buddy'sMom
09-27-2006, 07:19 AM
That is not too bad. I pay ,including tax a bit over $22.00 for the large size Chicken Soup adult light food. :)

sasvermont
09-27-2006, 07:37 AM
:( I am now paying $44.50 for ONE ten pound bag of prescription food. :eek:

Freedom
09-27-2006, 07:43 AM
All the prescription foods are overpriced, in my opinion. People will pay the price for their special friends, so the price goes higher and higher. It just is not fair, it is not right. Sigh. But we love our pets SO much, and they bring us such love!

christa
09-27-2006, 07:58 AM
I pay $45 bucks for an 8 pound bag of Z/D for Brodie.
I pay $25 bucks for a 4 pound bag of I/D for Josie.

I would LOVE to pay $18 per bag again!

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-27-2006, 08:02 AM
WOW!!

I would pay whatever it took... but you guys really are!

Makes the $18.00 seem even more worth it now!!

catnapper
09-27-2006, 08:10 AM
I paid $18 for a 4 pound bag of the low pH food for Pouncer.

They're all now on Royal Canin prescription food at $32 for a 17lb bag and I think thats a huge bargain! :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-27-2006, 08:27 AM
I paid $18 for a 4 pound bag of the low pH food for Pouncer.

They're all now on Royal Canin prescription food at $32 for a 17lb bag and I think thats a huge bargain! :D

I think that is the size bag i bought yesterday.... I'll have to ask my vet about the Royal Canin...

Catty1
09-27-2006, 08:32 AM
If I had had my boys on Royal Canin SO to begin with, it would haved saved me $400 in one month to treat my Oscar for a UTI.

Divide the price by the number of days it lasts...and you'll see it is worth it.
Heck, I spend 5 times that on a cup of coffee or a bottle of pop!

christa
09-27-2006, 08:51 AM
WOW!!

I would pay whatever it took... but you guys really are!

Makes the $18.00 seem even more worth it now!!

Yep - beats the heck out of cleaning up puke every day and watching Josie drag her butt all over the carpet! LOL Food does make a difference & I have learned to deal with the price.

I'm just glad that I got Brodie on dry food finally . . . he was on the wet Z/D ONLY for a few months, which was $55 for 24 cans. Not even a month's worth! It was terrible! At least an 8lb bag will last for more than a month for him. ;) We haven't got through a full bag yet, but I'm guessing it will probably last about 2 months. That's pretty good.

Sonia59
09-27-2006, 08:52 AM
No additional comment, I just wanted to say Hi to Jupiter :D . Does he like the new food?

catmandu
09-27-2006, 09:38 AM
I paid 30 Dollars for an eight pound bag of Medi Cal for Mr Scrappy, and he hated it.
Baby Micheal loved it and wolfed it down, like it was a steak.
Its was a special Senior Diet, but Scrappy and Micheal cant read.

jazzcat
09-27-2006, 09:44 AM
Next time Richard is griping about the $28 Nutro bag I'll tell him about some of these prescription prices.

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-27-2006, 10:52 AM
No additional comment, I just wanted to say Hi to Jupiter :D . Does he like the new food?

awww so sweet of you! Jupiter says HI back!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid207/pc1ee38ca8f63ea821282a1de1272a2a5/eeaccc49.jpg

Yes, Jupiter does just fine with the new food. What is weird is Tinky and him know the difference in their foods... I put the bowls down and Jupiter always goes to his bowl and Tinky to hers...

Sonia59
09-27-2006, 11:22 AM
Oh Thanks for the extra picture! Jupiter is a very cute orangie boy, like all orangies! Give him a belly rub for me (if he likes it ;) ).

It is good that they make a difference! Peppito (who should be on light food) and Jasmine (who is young and has the perfect weight) should not be, but they always want to eat each other's food! :rolleyes:

christa
09-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Yes, Jupiter does just fine with the new food. What is weird is Tinky and him know the difference in their foods... I put the bowls down and Jupiter always goes to his bowl and Tinky to hers...

Cats :rolleyes:

Maybe you could feed them in separate rooms. We have to do that with Josie & Brodie because Brodie always wants what Josie has. Josie on the other hand, has HER bowl and her food has to be in her bowl, otherwise, I think she'd starve, LOL.

krazyaboutkatz
09-27-2006, 11:53 AM
All of mine,except for baby Ziggy,are now on Royal Canin Urinary S/O because of Storm's problem. I just buy 3 of the large bags of dry and about 2 cases of the wet food. Yes,it's pricey but it lasts me about 5-6 months and is a lot cheaper in the long run than extra vet bills. The 3 bags of 16.5lb came to 107.67 so that's 35.89 a bag and the 2 cases of wet food came to 66.72 which is 33.36 per case. All in all it's not too bad.:)

Jupiter sure is handsome and I'm glad that he likes his new food and is doing well on it.:) We need to see some more T & J pictures soon.;)

Lizzie
09-27-2006, 11:57 AM
If I had had my boys on Royal Canin SO to begin with, it would haved saved me $400 in one month to treat my Oscar for a UTI.

Divide the price by the number of days it lasts...and you'll see it is worth it.
Heck, I spend 5 times that on a cup of coffee or a bottle of pop!

Taranis is now on Royal Canin SO, and I feed it to all the downstairs cats when I don't have time to isolate her. Do you know if it's okay to feed it to cats on a regular basis that don't have UTI problems? I know that they like it better than their Royal Canin Indoor Weight Management. I know it's going to be pricey but since it's mostly boys downstairs, I could be saving money by putting them on this type of diet now.

RedHedd
09-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Yup, sounds about right. That's about what I pay for Mishi's X/D. Frosts me every time, but I pay it anyway. Worth it to have my big boybee healthy and meowing. Okay, maybe not meowing so much (He LOVES to talk) but I love the Big Goon anyway.

krazyaboutkatz
09-27-2006, 10:30 PM
Taranis is now on Royal Canin SO, and I feed it to all the downstairs cats when I don't have time to isolate her. Do you know if it's okay to feed it to cats on a regular basis that don't have UTI problems? I know that they like it better than their Royal Canin Indoor Weight Management. I know it's going to be pricey but since it's mostly boys downstairs, I could be saving money by putting them on this type of diet now.
As far as I know, it's safe to feed to all of your cats. I've been feeding all five of my older cats this for quite a while and my vet knows this even though when I order it from them it's under Storm's name. I also have 4 boys so it can't hurt. It makes them drink more water and they pee more so it helps flush out their systems.:)

catnapper
09-28-2006, 07:42 AM
Do you know if it's okay to feed it to cats on a regular basis that don't have UTI problems?
Yup - all my guys were on it! :D

Now since it seems Pouncer had a different issue than previously thought, everyone is now on Royal Canin prescription High Fiber Low Calorie (used to be called High Factor) We all know what the reduced calorie is for ;)