PDA

View Full Version : Poor underappreciated DaVinci!

jenluckenbach
09-26-2006, 04:51 PM
Let me explain...........petfinder.com sends their members a weekly roster that shows how many time each cat's page was viewed. It gives each rescue group an idea of the type of cats people are looking at. (mostly it is "breed cats", kittens or long-hairs. :rolleyes: )

So anyway, what does this have to do with poor DaVinci???

For the second week in a row he was at the very bottom of the list, with only 1 view. :( :( This breaks my heart. Not because it means no one will adopt him (he can STAY!) but I feel bad that people can't see him for the wonderful boy that he is.

How can you resist this?????

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Foster%20kitties/DaVinci9-25-06.jpg

Freckles
09-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Where can we view DaVinci's picture on Petfinder?

jenluckenbach
09-26-2006, 05:06 PM
This is DaVinci's page (http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=4646770) .

I am about to guess the boy will be on the TOP of next week's ratings. ;)
(of course it will give us "false hopes", but at least I don't have to feel so badly for him) :o

catmandu
09-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Da Vinci sure would be on the top of my list, Jen as he looks like such a funny, and happy Cat , one who would fit in so well with the Found Cats.
We pray that the little masterpiece Da Vinci will go to the top of the charts!

Freckles
09-26-2006, 05:11 PM
Is Carolyn among your fosters too?

jenluckenbach
09-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Is Carolyn among your fosters too?
Yes, Carolyn is DaVinci's "shadow". She is a gorgeous little girl, isn't she? But so VERY timid.

moosmom
09-26-2006, 06:48 PM
OMG Jen!! :eek: He looks just like my Lil Eli!!!! Look...

http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos293/8/40/61/31/32/0/32316140803_0_ALB.jpg

kimlovescats
09-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Jen, I have noticed that in the past year or so there has been a B&W cat boom! They are everywhere! I think unfortunately that like everything else, they were once a hot item, and now since they are so easy to find, they have lost their popularity! :( Well I for one still happen to ADORE B&W kitties, DaVinci included! :D

Vermontcat
09-26-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm sorry Jen, I have been pretty busy these last two weeks.
As a dedicated member of the DaVinci fan club I will have to do better at viewing his petfinder page more often.
I just viewed it again and I bookmarked it so I can easily get back to it whenever I want to sneak a peek at that handsome boy. :)
You know I have a weakness for black and white kitties especially for ones with cute black noses, I just adore him. :D
Give him some hugs and kisses from me. :)

jazzcat
09-26-2006, 09:07 PM
He is very handsome, especially with that nose. I hope the purfect home comes for him soon but in the meantime he is in the purfect foster home.

K & L
09-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Boy I don't know how anyone could resist that handsome guy! That's OK he'll win over the right heart when the time is right!

BC_MoM
09-26-2006, 10:15 PM
DaVinci is the kind of kitty I'd look for/I'll be looking for if I'm ever able to get a kitty! Then I can call him a Border Kitty! teehee.

Sonia59
09-27-2006, 09:09 AM
DaVinci, you are a real beauty! I love you and give you a big kiss on your nose! Those people just can't appreciate how wonderful you are ;)

catlover4ever
09-27-2006, 09:17 AM
I'm such a sensative person and feel so bad when I see kitties that are so handsome or beautiful being overlooked on petfinder or especially the cat contest that we have every so often.

DaVinci, your tops in my book!!!! Jen please give DaVinci some lovings from me.

momcat
09-30-2006, 12:56 PM
In the year and a half that I've been coming to PT, I've learned a lot about cats, a definite positive for my sweet Groucho, but I know there's still so much to learn. Could it possibly be that the less informed people don't see what we see? To me, all kitties are beautiful with so much love and companionship to give the right person. I can't begin to understand why some kitties are passed over or ignored simply because of their color, markings, or whatever. All any of these kitties want is to be loved and cared for in the security of their very own furever home. Just wish I knew what to do to change people's attitudes about cats.

DaVinci is one of my favorites, a real cutie with a dynamic purrsonality that comes through loud and clear in every picture I've seen. Why is it that we're the only ones who see that?

Don't worry, DaVinci! You have quite a fan club here on PT. We all love you and would love nothing more than to snuggle up with you to give you scritchies, tummy rubs and listen to your purrs.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-01-2006, 05:15 AM
Don't give up, dear DaVinci, one ady you will find the purfect home for you!!
Tons of hugs for this gorgeous boy!

Barbara
10-01-2006, 07:22 AM
DaVinci- this can only mean that a very special purrson is meant to adopt you and they keep you hidden until she finds you ;)

jenluckenbach
10-02-2006, 05:19 PM
I got a huge laugh today

DaVinci - JL 43 (hits)

It won't halp him get a home, but it sure made me feel good. :D :D

orangemm
10-02-2006, 05:47 PM
He will get a furrever home, someone out there is THE ONE for him!

What a handsome boy! :)

KitCat
10-02-2006, 06:33 PM
He has the cutest little triangle nose! I would be very tempted but I know for sure Cocoa Kitty wants to be an only cat!