PDA

View Full Version : This made me so mad!

sumbirdy
09-26-2006, 02:09 PM
I had to leave for a couple of days and my sister-in-law and brother stayed home to take care of the dogs. I got home late and Cocoa's water bowl was empty so i filled it up and he acted like he hadn't drank anything for years. I went inside and asked my sister-in-law when was the last time she watered him. Do you know what she said?! "Yesterday morning,I went outside this morning and he didn't have any but i figured he would be okay." He went for a whole day (maybe longer!) without water and it was HOT! :mad: aarrghh! i let her have it good. She will no longer be watching any of my dogs. Now she's mad at me because i'm mad at her about that and she doesn't think she did anything wrong. I water my dogs 2-3 times a day especially if its hot.I felts so sorry for my poor baby. Do you know anybody that does things like this and doesn't think anythings wrong with it?

Queen of Poop
09-26-2006, 02:18 PM
That's awful!!! Poor baby must be so dehydrated. She has no reason to be mad at anyone but herself. Anyone with any common sense would ensure that a dog always has a full bowl of water, especially if its hot outside.

elizabethann
09-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Sumbirdy - I'm so sorry this happened to you. Check out the thread I just put up about what happened to my co-worker.

I hope you can find someone reliable the next time you need someone to watch your pets.

Catsnclay
09-26-2006, 06:31 PM
This reminds me of the time my mother pet-sitted for us at her house. I told her from the beginning NOT to let the cats out - no matter what they didn't live there so they didn't know the area, what does she do? Not only did she let one out, but it was during a thunder & lightening storm too!! :eek: :mad: Luckily we did find Fluffy, he was hiding in her neighbors back yard and she was feeding him! Jeez!

During that very same stay :mad: I asked her to scoop the litter box once a day, well your not going to believe this one :rolleyes: she did scoop the poop out, but stood there and this had to take double the time to do this: she chopped up the urine clumps back into the litter box :eek: HUH???? :rolleyes: Oh what a mess everything turned out to be. We ended up coming home early because she let Fluffy out and he went missing - like she didn't think!

Needless to say my mother has NEVER sat for out pets ever again. This is from a grown woman, too! And this is one of the milder things my mother has done to me/us.........my mother!!!! :mad: :mad:

Dorothy39
09-26-2006, 07:34 PM
I know the feeling, leaving someone to take care of your pets!!!!

But, unlike you guys, I've never had to come home to any horror!!! :o

But, I have been a Pet Sitter. A few years back, my neighbor would often ask me to watch her Beagle dog, while her and family went up North.

That dog didn't even have a leash, his water dish was " crudy and rusty", dog bowls were all nasty, with bits of dried table scraps~~~Whew!!!

She was the sort of person who would say, "He's just a dog"!! :eek:

She had a nice , clean house, but she wasn't my definition of a dog lover.

Pembroke_Corgi
09-26-2006, 08:50 PM
People amaze me sometimes. Don't they think about how many times *they* need to drink water everyday?? I can't believe they would assume a dog wouldn't need a drink...I'm glad Cocoa is ok!

Luvin Labs
09-27-2006, 08:36 PM
:mad: :mad:

I ALWAYS make sure they have water in their dish! No matter what state or temperature it is, empty bowl of water is a no no.

how irritating, glad you gave her the riot act

BC_MoM
09-27-2006, 08:42 PM
Even if the dogs water dishes are still plenty full, I put fresh water in every few hours.

Poor Cocoa! One of the reasons I will never let my dogs stay with relatives.

krazykitties
10-02-2006, 11:52 PM
ask her over for a bbq or get-together in the hot weather, to make up to her, then after an hour or so when she's hot and thirsty, tell her to wait til tomorrow and maybe you may then offer something to drink, till then she should be ok in the shade if she sits still!! "oh you are THIRSTY?? hmm, imagine that?? you want something to DRINK?? sorry ! :mad: