PDA

View Full Version : I found a new job!!!! and some life updates

lv4dogs
09-26-2006, 12:34 PM
I just got back from spending a few hours at a local vet hospital that I had an interview with late last week. I was there this morning just to see how I like it, if it would be a place I would like to work at & by golly it is! I'll be starting on the 11th of October.
I of course have to take a pay cut but it still pays more than what other vets start you off at in my area and I will be getting a raise in 1-2 months. But I must say that it will still be VERY VERY hard. I am honestly literally living paycheck to paycheck right now and have close to $3000 worth of repairs that NEED to be done on my car & house and SOON otherwise I won't have a car that runs & house that has floors, or a hot water heater for that matter. I honestly don't know how we are going to get all these repairs done even if I could keep my current job but I had to find another job so I guess I have to deal with it.
As you've probably guessed, my luck has not changed. We are still dealing with a lot of bad events and the like day in & day out, except this job, it does make me happier. Things have been falling apart on us so fast that not only can we not get on top of things but we can't even keep up with them. It's really hard on me.
To make money matters even worse I need to get a few new (gently used) outfits & a new pair of sneakers for this job. I don't have hardly any clothes left that I can wear there.

I am so excited over the job, finally something I actually enjoy doing once again. But the pay is going to kill me. I know somehow, someway it will work out (at least that's what they say) but it's still going to be very tough.

There is a slight chance that I will work one half day once a week & I do have the weekends off so there is a chance I could get a part time job. But I won't know that for sure until I start. She's still figuring out my schedule. Even so it won't be much but it will be some. Hopefully at least enough to make my paycheck equal what I make now, even though it's not enough it will help.

I want to let yous know that you probably won't be hearing a lot from me nor seeing a lot of me after I start this job. We have no internet at home because we have other more important things we need to take care of first, but I'll try to stop by the library ever so often to pop in & say hi. I won't forgot about any of yous though. PT is my own little retreat, I don't know how I'll make it without yous but hopefully it won't be for too awful long.

If anyone would like my phone number or the like please pm me.

An update on Missy, my friend who is staying with me. She has a great job (well the job isn't that great but she makes decent money) and is finally starting to get back on her feet. The thing is I am trying to sell my van which is what she uses to get & back froth to work with. I can't keep it just for her to use as I NEED the money. Granted I probably won't getany more than $900 for it but that $900 is certainly needed. But I don't know what is going to happen to her once I sell it. She knew about this from day one, that I need to sell my van but she can use it until I sell it. Granted it's been for sale for a month now with no serious inquiries until now, but I haven't even put an add in the paper (no money) all I have is just a for sale sign in the van window. lol But I have someone who seems interested in it looking at it tomorrow afternoon.

JenBKR
09-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Congratulations on your new job! That's so exciting - I know that it's something that you have been worried about for a while, so I am glad that it worked out well. I know that you are worried about money but it looks like maybe some things are starting to fall into place for you, so maybe other things will follow. I'm glad that things are going well for Missy, hopefully she'll be able to find transportation once you sell the van. I'm sure she understands your need to sell it. I understand your not being able to be around much, but we will miss you like crazy! Check in with us from time to time when you can and let us know how things are going. ((((hugs))))

Jadapit
09-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Congrats on the new job! What will you be doing at the vets? I would love to work at a vets. Sue, I have a lot of really nice pants that my sister in law gave me. They dont fit me they might be way to big for you. There a size 14. They dont look like they have ever been worn. She takes really good care of her clothes. There's quite a few capris and levis. Some of the levis are black. My sister in law is really tall. 5"9 so they are pretty long. Pm me if you are intrested. I will sure miss you and the fur kids. :(

Husky_mom
09-26-2006, 02:17 PM
aw man!!....I´m soooo hapy for you and your new job.......hoping everything goes great and you gt that raise soon.......meanwhile I´m sure you´ll do just fine........you have done a LOT for others when in need, and I DO believe in karma, soooo.........good thing for you too!!........

but I must say I´m also kind of sad, that´s why my first two words LOL.......cause I´m gonna miss you so much.......I love your posts and I will be Kaige, Nook, Raustyk,Indy, Kitties, Ferrets,etc. depleted.....wishing you the best, you are a GREAT person and deserve nothing else........wishing to see around and please don´t forget us.......any chance you get just tell us a brief in how you are ok??.......((hugs)) and kisses to you and the furry

petslover
09-26-2006, 02:29 PM
I am happy that you got a new job.. and It sounds like a blessing.. Both you and the animals you work with will be blessed.. I am glad things are starting to look up for you.

I hate to hear that you won't be on often. I know I sure will miss seeing post from you. Please stop by when you can.

Pembroke_Corgi
09-26-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm glad to hear you found a job that you will like! I hope other things in your life turn up soon. :)

K9karen
09-27-2006, 12:02 AM
Wishing you lots of luck. I hope you can compensate with a weekend part time job. Selfishly, I sure will miss seeing your kids, especially my Kaige Man. What size are you? PM me......

Corinna
09-27-2006, 12:09 AM
Sue so glad to hear things are looking up for you . You and Missy are always in my prayers.

Karen
09-27-2006, 12:10 AM
Yeah, PM with what size you are, what kinds of outfits you're in need of ... and an address, just in case!

Congratulations on the new job! Prayers on the way that things work out. And with Missy's new job working out, maybe she can carpool or do public transportation until she can get a car, when your van sells.

lv4dogs
09-27-2006, 09:55 AM
More good news. Gosh I hope this keeps up! ;).

Missy will be buying my van. We wrote up an agreement that is signed & will be notorized this Friday or Saturday. She gave me a good down payment and will make weekly payments for about a month until it is paid off.
This means that she will be staying with us for a couple/few more months than planned but it really helps everyone in the end. She has a place to stay and a vehicle and I sold my van & we have some extra income coming in from her "rent". We also have someone to help us care for the critters if we have other plans or the like (missy). ;)

Last night someone showed up at my house from a cable company that I have been trying to resolve an issue with for years now.
Summary of the story: An ex b/f caused me many problems a few years ago, including stealing my identity & running up about 12-14,000 dollars worth of bills. Over the years I've tried lawyers, etc... ended up not being to resolve most of the isses so I had to pay for most of them out of my own pocket. Thank god I was able to talk some of them down in price. I ended up having to pay for about $8,000 worth of damages out of my own pocket. I had all but a few problems resolved by last year finally.
Well this guy said that they finally got a hold of my e/x (who's back in the area) and he's being charged for these damages. I no longer owe them anything! Woohoo, that saves me $200 and now when my pocket book allows it I can get the only high speed internet that is offered in my area.

It's not much but hey, it's getting better for me already. :D

JenBKR
09-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Sue that's awesome! I'm so glad that Missy is able to buy your van, that helps so much! See, I thought that things would all start falling into place. I am so happy for you right now, let's hope this good luck keeps up!

Corinna
09-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Yahoo good things coming your way . so glad.

cyber-sibes
09-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Glad to hear things are improving, Sue. Your new job sounds like one you'll enjoy! Hope things continue to improve for you, Joe, and all the furries.

*edit - pm me your sizes & address too. I'll keep an eye out for good deals at work!

pnance
09-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Congrats on the new job!! I'm sorry to hear about all your troubles, but at least a few things are working out. Hopefully the small good things will keep on happening until things turn around completely.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-28-2006, 07:43 AM
New job! This is the start of things looking up for you! Good luck!

lv4dogs
09-28-2006, 12:00 PM
Not sure if I jinxed myself or what, but the good luck streak was fun while it lasted.

I pulled into my driveway last night after work and noticed I could see part of my kitchen counter from the outside of my trailer and no I am not talking about seeing it through my window. The whole bottom of my bay window in my kitchen is falling right out and the 3 windows are sagging too, about ready to fall. The bottom of the bay window is my counter top, so not only do we have to replace the windows (1 for sure, 2 we might be able to save) & the frame of the bay window & the bottom but also my counter top, seeing as my cabinets are shot (that's what caused my countertop aka bottom of the bay window to fall through) they need to be replaced too. This is a project that NEEDS to be done within the next couple days because it is literally falling right off my house, you can see the outside without having to look through a window. (hopefully it doesn't fall completely off before I can get it fixed but it is so bad that I am not counting on it).
I've already had my brother over to look at it (he does construction) he is guessing that it will cost about $800 to fix (that's with free labor as my uncle & him will do it, AND not even installing actual cabinets just building our own cheap cabinets with only 2x4's, plywood & a countertop). We can not reuse the middle window because that one has a broken frame from the bottom falling out but the side windows *might* be able to be saved.
We have $400-$500 to use for the kitchen and that is it. We honest to god don't know where to get the $300, possibly more that is needed yet this is something that really needs to be done and now. My father said if we can come up with $800 and it costs any more than that that he will lend me the rest that we need. But we still are in the same boat, we still need to find $300 somewhere and in the next couple days. My uncle & brother want to do it this Saturday and so do I but we just do not have the money.
I HAVE to get my gas leak fixed on car as it's getting really really bad otherwise we'd have about $200 more towards the kitchen. Do I go without a new gas tank so we only have to find $100-$200 more or do I fix the gas tank and have a hole literally in the kitchen?
We honestly do not know what to do. We've been racking our brains since last night. Asking anyone & everyone if we can work for them for extra cash or if we can borrow money. My family is not rich, my father is the only one with a little extra he can lend us but he won't lend us any unless it costs more than $800 to fix.

This is literally a no win situation. We are really stuck in a major rut. I just want to go home & cry.

lv4dogs
10-03-2006, 01:03 PM
My new job will be starting next Wed. that leaves me with one full week to enjoy PT as much as possible. I'll still stop by the library when I can to stop in & say hi. Hopefully we'll be able to afford internet at home soon so I can continue sharing pics & the like. I am sad at just the thought of being away from PT so much. I want yous all to know that even if I am not here often yous are all still in my thoughts.

We re-did the kitchen. It looks a lot better & is now a lot sturdier and energy efficient too. I'll post pics when I can. My uncle still has a little bit left to do, he's coming back either this weekend or the next to install a small countertop near my stove and to finish up a few small things. He was even able to save the bay window! I can keep all my indoor plants now!
Joe is getting paint & stain from his work for our kitchen. We'll paint it once my Uncle is done with everything he needs to do.
Then all that will be left is the floor. That needs to be replaced. It's very old & was chipping & cracking before. This past weekend with all the construction really did a toll on it so it really needs to be done now. lol That Joe & I can install, hopefully we'll be able to afford that next month. We are hoping that if we just do linoleum that it will cost $100 or less.