PDA

View Full Version : A sign from above...

moosmom
09-25-2006, 09:13 PM
You guys know that I truly believe in spirits as well as messages from them. Well, today I saw another "sign" from dear old Dave,(my Dad) who was an avid cigar smoker. He passed away 9 years ago. Every once in a while, I'll get a whiff of cigar smoke, while there is no one around who happens to be smoking one. Weird, I know.

Lemme give you a little history so you'll understand. Please keep in mind that my father had a very "dry" sense of humor, so you know THIS nut (meaning me) don't fall far from the oak tree.

My Dad and I were walking into the Hartford Times Reunion (the newspaper we both worked at until it closed in 1976), my Dad put his cigar he had been puffing on, down on the ground near the doorway. I gave him the strangest look of disgust.

Conversation:

Dad: What????

Donna: Eeeewwww!! Dad! That's gross!! Why don't you throw it out??

Dad: Because I'm not finished with it yet.

Donna: *sighs* You mean to tell me you're gonna pick it up on your way out and relight it????? :eek:

Dad: Hell yeah!! It's still got some puffing power left, too good to waste.

Donna: *Shakes head* :rolleyes:

We continue walking into the restaurant.

Today I pulled into a gas station to fill my tank. (unfortunately I did not have my camera, nor could I have posted a picture anyway because of my card reader dilemma). As I was standing there merrily filling my tank, I happened looked down and what do I see?????

A cold, half smoked, chewed cigar next to the gas pump!!! I started laughing so hard, I had tears coming down my face. The guy on the other side of the pump was giving me the strangest look as I looked up into the sky and said, "Hi Daddy!!"

It truly made my whole day!!

lute
09-25-2006, 09:16 PM
that is so sweet. i'm sure those friendly little reminders of your father are so nice.

Dorothy39
09-25-2006, 10:18 PM
Yes Donna, That was exceptional!!!! (That was great writing on your part too) Hartford Times Reunion had some lasting impressions!!!

I can feel departed loved ones near me, from time to time as well!!! ;)

(takes a deep breath and smiles) :o

Sevaede
09-25-2006, 11:14 PM
Donna, that is so beautiful and wonderful! I am so happy that you received that message! :)

I am hoping to hear something from my grandmother who passed away almost three years ago but nothing yet. :(

cyber-sibes
09-25-2006, 11:18 PM
Wow Donna, I can feel your joy! That's very cool. Without a doubt your dad is lookin' in on you!

kimlovescats
09-25-2006, 11:29 PM
Awwwwww! How special! :)

K9karen
09-25-2006, 11:50 PM
I'm a true believer, my friend.
A good omen for you, I hope.
Had a crazy, busy weekend, sorry I missed your call..too late to call back.
I'll try to call you on Tuesday, OK?
Stay well.....

Pawsitive Thinking
09-26-2006, 05:01 AM
How wonderful! Hope our Dad's get together some time :D

ramanth
09-26-2006, 08:59 AM
How sweet! :D

pitc9
09-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Wooooah... (goosebumps)
That was so sweet of him!!

Pembroke_Corgi
09-26-2006, 02:53 PM
That's so nice....it gives me goosebumps, too! I'm sure he was happy that you got his message!

mustlovedogs
09-26-2006, 04:21 PM
What a sweet story! :D Now you know for sure that your dad is watching over you! Thanks for sharing! :D

moosmom
09-26-2006, 06:32 PM
On my way home to CT from Michigan (the final adventure) I stopped for gas and as I was pulling away to continue my journey, I smelled cigar smoke again. The windows were closed and I KNOW my cats didn't light up. Shortly thereafter I saw a rainbow as I drove through the hills of PA.

I had a CEEEEEGAR smoking guardian angel on my shoulder guiding me home again!! What a ride!! :p :cool:

Dorothy39
09-26-2006, 07:22 PM
Oh, you are still giving me those goosebumps ( sure those cats aren't lighting up?) ;)

And, that Rainbow, appearing through the hills of Pennsylvania!!! Be still my heart!!!!!