PDA

View Full Version : AIDS Walk 2006

Uabassoon
09-25-2006, 05:15 PM
As many of you may remember this summer I lost a friend due to AIDS, on Oct 8th I will be walking in his memory at the Tucson AIDS Walk. If anyone would like to sponser me please visit my webpage. My goal is set at $100, but I would be happy if I could raise even more than that. Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to donate!

http://www.firstgiving.com/lauraybarra

caseysmom
09-25-2006, 05:25 PM
My daughter walked an AIDS walk on September 17 here in Sacramento at the state capitol. The turnout was pretty disappointing I thought. I just never heard it advertised. She heard about it through her school.

It was a lot of fun though, I enjoyed the other people and there was free starbucks and snacks. :p

Uabassoon
09-25-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm sorry to hear that yours had such a low turnout. I've gone several times since I moved here to Arizona and Tucson always has a great turnout. Last year I think there were 3,500 people (considering the size of Tucson that's pretty good). I'm glad to hear that you and your daughter attended and that you had a good time :D I too always enjoy the free snacks!

caseysmom
09-25-2006, 08:08 PM
I am glad she participated also. I actually didn't walk myself because she was with a high school group and I didn't want to cramp her style so I just walked around talking to people at the booths while she walked.

Uabassoon
09-26-2006, 05:18 PM
I'm a little over halfway there! I want to give a HUGE thanks to those who have donated.