PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful news!!!!

moosmom
09-24-2006, 02:22 PM
I spoke with my very best friend, Suzie who I've been best friends with since Jr. High School. She is going to let me stay in her daughter's room while I look for a place to live. It's in Newington and alot closer to my friends and family. I've spoken to my BB&B manager about transferring to the Wethersfield store which is only 15 minutes from Suzie's condo. He's cool with it and said he'll start putting in the paperwork. I will NOT be living out of my car AND my cats will be going with me. She said the first time she sees one of my cats on her kitchen counter, all hell will break lose. I assured her that my cats do NOT jump up on the counters (at least not when anyone's awake ;) ). She was also worried about the plants in her house. Most of them are high up. We'll have to do a little cat-proofing. But I told her I'd make her dinner, clean, pay her rent (as little as it may be) which I'm sure she could use, until Ican get a place of my own and am on SSD.

This is one huge load off my mind, knowing I will not be living out of my car and don't have to worry about losing my cats.

*SIGH* Thank you, I feel better now. :p

Zippy
09-24-2006, 02:27 PM
That is Great I am so Happy for You and Your Furbabies :D

Randi
09-24-2006, 02:36 PM
That's great news, Donna, I'm happy for you! :) Also great that you can keep working for the same company, and of course bring your cats along. :D

Best of luck!

Catty1
09-24-2006, 02:38 PM
WONDERFUL news!

Has Suzie met Moo? I bet he will win her over!

Good breaks are happening for you, and it's so TIGHT!

hugs

jazzcat
09-24-2006, 02:49 PM
That is wonderful news Donna.

Miss Z
09-24-2006, 02:55 PM
This is great news, Donna! We all hope that things will get better from here for you :D

carole
09-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Donna i am so happy for you, what a relief you sure needed a break my friend, the thought of you living in a car freaked me out, if you were living here there is no way I would allow that to happen, i would have fitted you in somewhere lol, thank goodness for friends like Suzi, they are one in a million, take care and here's to everything going smoothly. :)

Freckles
09-24-2006, 03:37 PM
That's great news, Donna. :)

moosmom
09-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Catty1,

Yes, Suzie has met Moo and thinks he is quite ugly :eek:.

Carole,

Bless your heart for the offer. I'd LOVE to live in New Zealand. When I asked Suzie, I had a feeling she'd say yes, but was too ashamed to ask her. Her response, "Need you ask???". I love her like a sister.

krazyaboutkatz
09-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Donna, this is wonderful news!!! I hope that everything will work out for you and your furkids.:D

jenluckenbach
09-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Terrific news. :D I am so very glad. :D

Karen
09-24-2006, 04:04 PM
Yay! Good news indeed.

AdoreMyDogs
09-24-2006, 04:12 PM
I am so glad everything's going well for you! I am so happy for you :) You would be more then welcome to stay with us if you were in Northern Texas. We even have an extremely high job market right now. LOTS of jobs here in every field.

I haven't asked because I know how much you love being where you are, and how much you missed being with your family. If you ever wanted to venture to TX, be sure and give me a hollar :)

AbbyMom
09-24-2006, 04:28 PM
Good for you, Donna! You deserve a break.

Pembroke_Corgi
09-24-2006, 04:52 PM
That's great news!! I'm happy for you! :D

moosmom
09-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Leslie,

Thank you so much for your kind offer. I've also had offers from Dr. Goodnow and Carole and thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for your generosity. I have the best friends in the world!

kimlovescats
09-24-2006, 06:15 PM
YAY, Donna!!!!!!!! :D Even if it's a temporary situation, it will give you time to get back on your feet! I know you will get back on your feet because you always do ... you are a survivor!!!!

HUGS,
Kim

dukedogsmom
09-24-2006, 06:22 PM
I know you must be so relieved! I would have been a nervous wreck. I hope it all works out for you. I'd say she's getting a good deal since you're going to cook.

Oh, and your cats do get on the counters :D

Alysser
09-24-2006, 06:23 PM
How great is that! I'm so glad your friend is letting you and YOUR CATS stay with her!! She sounds like such a sweet person. :)

mustlovedogs
09-24-2006, 06:30 PM
Great news! :D I am glad that you have a place to stay, and the kitties are safe too. Prayers and good thoughts for you!! :D

moosmom
09-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Oh, and your cats do get on the counters

Well, they really don't, although it wouldn't surprize me if they did. I don't know what the big deal is anyway. Isn't that what they make Clorox Wipes for??? ;)

She and I are very close and I trust her with my life. That's why I made her executor of my estate (yeah right, like I'm filthy stinking rich).

cyber-sibes
09-24-2006, 09:22 PM
(((((hugs))))! That's great news, Donna!

shais_mom
09-24-2006, 10:51 PM
good news Donna!

Daisy and Delilah
09-25-2006, 07:01 AM
That's fabulous news Donna!! She sounds like a great friend. You sure could use some good luck. I hope it all works out great for you!! :)

Queen of Poop
09-25-2006, 08:06 AM
Very good news indeed. So glad you'll have a place to rest, relax and de-stress.

Logan
09-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Donna, I'm so glad you found a temporary stop, with cats intact, on your new journey. That's exactly what good friends are for and I'm sure you would do the exact same thing for a friend of yours. :) :)

Good luck to you! When do you move?

Logan

Donnaj4962
09-25-2006, 04:36 PM
What great news Donna! I am so happy for all of you! I KNEW that things were going to start looking up for you. :D

moosmom
09-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Logan,

I'll probably be moving the weekend after Thanksgiving. What I'd like to do is at least move all the small stuff ahead of time(stuff that will be stored). This way the only thing I'll have to concentrate on is me and the cats.

I would go to the ends of the earth for my girl!!

Dorothy39
09-25-2006, 06:52 PM
I'm so happy that your "Cloud with the silver Lining" revealed itself in the form of an Dear and Trusted Friend!!!

Such a Great Break for A Wonderful Person!!!! ;)

I'm so Happy for you, and, your friend is very lucky too!!!!

catlover4ever
09-26-2006, 07:57 AM
Donna, that is such great news. Hey by the way have you ever thought of looking into working at one of the hospitals....there is always clerical and other work needed to be done and usually the benefits are pretty good as well.

moosmom
09-26-2006, 08:04 AM
Meg,

Yes I am looking into the hospitals in that area. ST. Francis has a few openings for medical transcriptionist positions as well as unit secretary jobs available. I'm also looking into another part-time retail position until I can find something more permanent. There seems to be alot more opportunities up where I'm heading than down here in New Haven. That is a good thing!! BTW, we MUST get together!! I'm dying to see your new house and meet your furkids!!