PDA

View Full Version : Do you sleep with your bedroom door open or closed?

BitsyNaceyDog
09-24-2006, 07:32 AM
I was just wondering if you sleep with your bedroom door open or closed at night and why.

My answer is both, open and closed. We start out with it closed because Oliver gets fed in our bedroom and the other cats get fed in Justin's office. We have to separate them because Oliver is on a prescription diet. In the middle of the night, every night, Oliver wakes me up and wants to leave the bedroom. I get up and open the door, I leave it open from that point on so the other cats can come in if they want. We always wake up with at least one cat in the bedroom in the morning, often more, sometimes all five.

Chilli
09-24-2006, 07:39 AM
I sleep with it closed, since all the birds & rats are in my room. If left open, the cats sneak in there at night and torment everyone.

Miss Z
09-24-2006, 07:45 AM
Half-open for me, or should that be half-closed? ;)

jenluckenbach
09-24-2006, 07:50 AM
WIDE open. The cats would have it no other way. ;)

Zippy
09-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Almost all the way closed only open i little so Zip and Pumpkin can go in and out so i voted closed becasue it is only open a little bit

cloverfdx
09-24-2006, 08:57 AM
Closed so the dogs dont wander around the house during the night being nawtee ;).

wolf_Q
09-24-2006, 10:47 AM
Closed. I honestly don't think I could sleep if the door was open. :o

Kfamr
09-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Closed.

I do not like my bedroom door open when I am sleeping. I also close it so the dogs don't get out while I am asleep.

zoey
09-24-2006, 11:15 AM
closed. it tends to keep Daisy calmer. Otherwise she'll sit by the front door and feel the need to *keep watch* and bark from returning neighbors and such.

Cataholic
09-24-2006, 11:49 AM
LOL. Not a single door in my house gets closed! That's right, not a single door. :D Between six cats and a toddler- privacy is a long forgotten theme.

Argranade
09-24-2006, 12:28 PM
Usualy closed but it realy does not matter to me...

Altho when I had a sugar glyder it was always closed at night.

BC_MoM
09-24-2006, 12:31 PM
All the way open. :)

Molly usually starts the night off by sleeping in my room, and then likes going to join my parents. Before the morning, she's back in my room.

Mickey comes in from time to time. I don't want one being stuck in there, or stuck outside of my room, so I leave it open. :)

Like Cataholic, the only time there is a door closed in this house is when someone is using the washroom.

Pam
09-24-2006, 12:33 PM
Most of the time I keep it closed. The cats used to faithfully sleep with me until the dogs arrived. Now they choose to sleep elsewhere for the most part. Occasionally Trevor will nap during the day in my bed but he usually bunks with Andy on the recliner in the living room at night. If I do fall asleep and Trevor is in the room he often wakes up very early and starts climbing up on things and knocking stuff down. On the weekends this is not a way to endear himself to me. :p

Randi
09-24-2006, 12:42 PM
I keep my bedroom door ajar, so Fister can come and go as he please. I would get no sleep otherwise. LOL!

cali
09-24-2006, 12:45 PM
bedroom doors are ALWAYS closed. my brother because the dogs are not allowed in his room. during the day my moms is closed because someone sneaks into her room and pee's on her bed, mine because I have several little creatures in my room that need to be kept safe. at night my moms 3 sleep in her room, door closed, and my 3 sleep in my room door closed, under no circumstances are any of the dogs EVER allowed free roam at night.

Iilo
09-24-2006, 01:04 PM
I don't have a door :o

I live in the basement of our house, my bedroom is a once "rec room"/"living room" and it does not have a door. When Rien is allowed to sleep with me and loose from his crate, I put up a babygate in the "doorway."

My flight of stairs functions as a form of privacy. Plus nobody really wants to venture into my room ;)

Danegirl2208
09-24-2006, 01:07 PM
closed..i can't sleep with it open, i dont know why really, but i've been like that forever.

Uabassoon
09-24-2006, 02:23 PM
My answer would be both. Right now Tuna and Corkscrew are still fighting so we have to keep them seperated and they take turns having access to the house. If Corkscrew and Tibby have access to the house that night then we sleep in the bedroom with the door closed and Tuna and Pocky in the bedroom. However if it's Tuna and Pocky's turn to have access to the house then we sleep with the bedroom door open.

cmayer31
09-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Closed. One of my roommates is on a completely different schedule than me and gets home around 2-3AM and I have to wake up at 6AM every morning. I can't really sleep with the door open anyhow.

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Closed, always. I can't stand having my door open at night, I don't like the fact that somebody might be able to see me sleeping (lol...yes, I'm weird) and I don't allow any dogs in my room except for Tango so it's a way to keep them out in the mornings when my parents might be awake before me.

k9krazee
09-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Closed. I like it to be totally dark, and I also kept it closed to keep Jack butt in.

At the moment, I'm living in a dorm so my door is (obviously) always closed (and locked) when I'm sleeping ;)

GreyhoundGirl
09-24-2006, 06:19 PM
I used to have mine open, but my lil moocher gets into things at night. Which isn't pleasn't in the morning. So now I've got to close it to keep robbers IN. :rolleyes:

see thread ---> http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=111463

sammy101
09-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Closed.
Kodie & Lucy sleep with me and i dont want them getting out and wondering around the house in the middle of the night.

Suki Wingy
09-24-2006, 08:36 PM
I don't care. Could be either way any night.

Jessika
09-24-2006, 08:53 PM
At my parents my room is in the basement and I would sleep with the door closed just because my mind would wander and I would feel like someone was watching me LOL but at our apartment we are in a loft so we don't have a door

luvofallhorses
09-24-2006, 09:42 PM
open since the bathroom is right by my bedroom and that's where the door to my bedroom closes and my parents need to use the bathroom they'll have to open the door. so yeah, I leave it open. :)

todd
09-24-2006, 10:04 PM
Other

krazyaboutkatz
09-24-2006, 10:55 PM
I used to leave my door ajar but ever since I adopted Pearl and Starr I've been keeping my door closed at night so I can get some sleep. Now the cats are used to sleeping out in the living room and dining room area. Sometimes Storm or Sky will sleep with me at night but not too often.

Glacier
09-24-2006, 11:48 PM
Open. We heat with wood so a closed door makes that room very cold. Plus the cats like to wander in and out at will, as do several of the dogs. Preacher would bonk his head every night if I closed the door.(he's blind).

husky_lover
09-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Closed. If I tried to leave my door open Thor and Sif (My Huskies) would get into alot of trouble!!! :rolleyes:

lv4dogs
09-25-2006, 03:43 PM
I usually sleep with my bedroom door open, unless someone is up late or gets up early & is making a lot of noise. lol

anna_66
09-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Open.

The dogs don't always go to bed when I do but they do come in sometime during the night.

Edwina's Secretary
09-25-2006, 11:09 PM
Open....I lived alone so long that I become uncomfortable with closed doors. I like to hear everything!

Of course....Edwina and Eddie would not like a ddor completely closed....if we have guests we always leave the door so they can come and go.

popcornbird
09-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Before I was married, I used to keep my door closed during the night...for one reason. My room's door opens in front of the stairs, and waking up in the middle of the night to see the stairs is kind of creepy for me. :o Okay...I do like the privacy too. :D

At our apartment, it doesn't really matter, though I prefer it closed. It is just my husband and I, so sometimes we leave it closed, and sometimes open. We tend to close it when we're feeling cold, and leave it open when its warm. :p When we stay at my parents', the door is always closed at night.

I find it hard to sleep with the door open. It just makes me feel insecure...even if there is no one else in the house.

Alysser
09-26-2006, 09:57 PM
I picked other. Before I go to bed, when everyone is upstairs, it is ALWAYS open. Before I fall asleep it needs to be closed. I can't imagine sleeping with an open door, I would hate the thought of someone watching me sleep. Plus, sometimes I bring Star(not very often at all) upstairs to sleep in my room, and if she chirps during the night there will be problems lol. :p

dab_20
09-29-2006, 05:08 PM
I sleep with my bedroom door closed. Molli sleeps with me, so I woulden't want her waking up everyone in the early morning.

Vette
09-29-2006, 07:02 PM
I dont have a door.... i got a stupid curtain.
so i voted open.

BitsyNaceyDog
09-30-2006, 03:41 PM
I dont have a door.... i got a stupid curtain.
so i voted open.
Be thankful you have a curtain. My mom had a friend who took her kid's door away from him. He always slammed the door so one time when he slammed the door his mom said "the next time you slam that door it's coming off". Guess what, he slammed it and it came off. I don't think he got a curtain either.

Husky15
09-30-2006, 04:38 PM
Closed.

When I was younger I would have to have it open, but then that changed, now it has to be closed. It varies when the animals are in my room, the one in it the most is CC. He's my little baby anyway and he usually doesn't need out because I got the cat food and water in my room. Unless of course there is an "emergency" during the night :p.