PDA

View Full Version : Obedience Trialing

Alasse
09-24-2006, 12:42 AM
I live in QLD Australia, dunno if any othe Aussies are here that maybe able to help me

Now i know that to compete i need a purebred dog...but does it need to have actual registration papers?

I'm interested in trialling and because Scooby is a crossbreed, i'll be looking for another dog in the future. I dont want to buy one and then find it also can't compete

Thanx

cloverfdx
09-24-2006, 12:49 AM
You can compete with a X breed in Australia ;), they just get put onto the associate/ sporting register. I think the limit is 1 associate dog per household though in Queensland. We can have as many associate dogs we like down here in Victoria (Well not counting council laws).

Pedigree dogs will either be on a limted or main register and you will get the registration/ pedigree papers with the purchase of your pup. The kennel club in Qland should be able to tell you about state laws etc.

Alasse
09-24-2006, 01:04 AM
Crossbreeds cannot compete in QLD...all other States permit it but here doesnt...seems stupid to me but that the way it is

You can buy purebred dogs without papers, i just need to know if they have to have them to compete

Alasse
09-24-2006, 01:10 AM
Nevermind *LOL*.....found the Obedience in QLD homepage

this is what they say

Obedience as a sport in Queensland is run under the rules of the ANKC, with the exception that unlike other states only registered purebred dogs may compete at present.

cloverfdx
09-24-2006, 01:37 AM
The associat register forms are still on the CCQ website :confused:. Might give them a call and find out if the rules have changed.

Dogz online thread on subject!! (http://forums.dogzonline.com.au/index.php?showtopic=45740&hl=)