PDA

View Full Version : Recognition

K & L
06-01-2002, 08:51 AM
Last night the park where we take care of the ferals held a volunteer recognition party. They had a plaque made in our name, had food, wine etc. and had us come in front of the room as they told several City Board members what we do for the cats at the park. We felt quite honored and thankful the City is taking such a positive step with TNR!

Logan
06-01-2002, 10:07 AM
What an honor, K&L!!! Congratulations and again, thanks, for all that that you do.

Did you ever post that article that was written about your efforts? I never saw it if you did, and would love to. :)

K & L
06-01-2002, 10:15 AM
Are you talking about the article in Cat Fancy?

AmberLee
06-01-2002, 10:29 AM
How Wonderful!!! I'm so glad you received official recognition for all your efforts. It does sounds like a really positive step for TNR in your community, too. Thanks for letting us know.

Logan
06-01-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by K & L
Are you talking about the article in Cat Fancy?

I don't know! :o I remember that you posted about being interviewed (I thought it was for a local publication) and that you would post the link for us. This was a month or more ago.

Were you in Cat Fancy too?? :)

lizbud
06-01-2002, 08:51 PM
K & L,

I'm happy that you and your group received cudos
for all your hard work. It's also good to see a city that
recognizes there is a feral population & acknowledges
all your good work in treating it. TNR works !!! Thanks
to dedicated people such as you.:)

lynnestankard
06-03-2002, 04:39 PM
Many congratulations K & L - at last recognition for such Good Work that you do.
Lets hope the City give you some funds now eh?! So pleased for you.

Lynne

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/the wave.GIFhttp://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/the wave.GIFhttp://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/the wave.GIF

AvaJoy
06-03-2002, 09:45 PM
Congratulations!:) :) Recognition so well deserved! Your efforts have brought the feral cat issue into the limelight, and hopefully others will follow suit and take up this cause . . . I've been trying to trap the strays in my area, and although I can't come close to your accomplishments it is so rewarding to know that I am making a (little) difference, so you should feel immensely proud of all the ferals you have helped . . . God Bless!:)

K & L
06-04-2002, 07:45 AM
AvaJoy
You're doing a great thing and in one way or another you'll be rewarded!!! I'm just thankful for the recognition since it's bringing TNR publicity and educating those that don't know how this procedure works. We got a call and the City of Mesa (in AZ) wants to interview us and see how our feral colony works, so they can turn the whole city into TNR! YEE HA!!!! Hopefully it will just snowball into all the other cities!

AvaJoy
06-04-2002, 08:17 PM
K & L, that is wonderful!!!:)

June is Adopt A Cat month, and the local shelter (currently filled to capacity) has reduced their adoption fee to $10.00 per cat (normally $28.00) and is also including a discount coupon for spay/neuter. In previous years, the incentive generated many adoptions so hopefully this year will also yield loving homes to the homeless felines . . . in August they reduce their fee for dog adoptions. Splendid idea, isn't it?! :)

K & L
06-04-2002, 09:05 PM
That is excellent!

Gio
06-05-2002, 07:57 AM
Sorry I'm so late in congratulating you! I'm sure it was nice for you to be acknowledged for all you do for the cats.

K & L
06-05-2002, 08:31 AM
I'm just more thankful they're starting to recognize the pluses of TNR!!! Thank you all!

Kat Kommando
06-05-2002, 09:53 AM
I'm glad they singled you out. It's not only the humane thing to do, but it saves taxpayer money on Animal Control.

yorkster
06-12-2002, 06:03 PM
Oh no, I missed this thread before! Well, better late than never they say.
CONGRATULATIONS K&L!!! You are doing so much good out there. :)

Keep letting us know what's going on.