PDA

View Full Version : Police Dog Dies in Car!

Pam
06-01-2002, 08:10 AM
Oh this story is a heartbreaker and was so preventable! :(

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/05312002_nw_policedog.html

ellensy
06-01-2002, 08:43 AM
:( :( :(

anna_66
06-01-2002, 09:04 AM
It just makes my heart hurt to hear such a story:( How could he even possibly forget the dog:confused:

AdoreMyDogs
06-01-2002, 09:18 AM
Every summer there are stories like these...you'd think they would have learned something by now! They say every year that they will get new technology that will prevent the dogs from dying in hot cars but nothing is done because year after year we hear stories like these.

I have no sympothy for that officer. He forgot his dog and that is inexcusable. Those dogs work so hard for those handlers, all they ask for in return is food, water, shelter and protection from stuff like this.

Makes me sick.

CountryWolf07
06-01-2002, 02:06 PM
how sad.. :( - Rachel

LoudLou
06-01-2002, 02:19 PM
Okay, usually I don't reply to these threads because they just make my blood boil... but I have questions on this one.

This was a guy who was a "Canine Cop" for 15yrs... a Cop for 28?
"Arrison is a 28-year veteran and has been in the Canine Unit for 15 years"........... HOW do you "Forget" your PARTNER in the car... WITH THE WINDOWS UP????!!!!

How is this an accident?! If this was someones child it would be "Involuntary Manslaughter"... A chargeable offense.

A city police dog died of heat exhaustion last week after being accidentally locked inside a patrol car with the windows rolled up for more than four hours, authorities said.

"It's a tragic, tragic incident, and the officer is devastated," said Capt. Alan Kurtz, commander of the Canine and Mounted Units.

The officer is DEVASTATED? He should be FIRED! I have know several K9 Units in my time and each would have given "Their Life" for their K9 partner..... This guy is a Disgrace to every K9 Unit out there!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent... I am off my soap box now.

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-01-2002, 02:47 PM
I read about this story and it really is terrible.... I know if criminals kill a police dog they are charged with killing an officer..... hmmm I wonder how they will charge this careless guy... :mad: :(

lizbud
06-01-2002, 09:23 PM
REST IN PEACE WOODROW

:( :( :( I believe the human officer involved ought to
ask to be reassigned to desk duties. If he is not capable
of remembering his canine partner. So very sad...:(

ramanth
06-01-2002, 10:54 PM
:( :( I'm utterly speechless...... :(

aly
06-02-2002, 01:02 AM
I didn't read the story or the replies to this thread (I couldn't - I'm way too emotional and sensitive) but I am pretty sure I know what happened. This infuriates me to no end - if my assumption is correct that is.

Ann
06-02-2002, 05:48 AM
Oh man, this is awful...

I'm kind of thinking like LoudLou here, how could you forget something like that?! It baffles me... So sad :(

delidog
06-02-2002, 05:55 AM
after watching the WTC crisis and all the wonderful policeman and their canine companions....and the one who saved the officers' life....i agree with loud lou!!!!
this is involuntary manslaughter...after 15 years on the canine force....stupidity is not a defense!!!!!!
R.I.P. dear woodrow........this just breaks my heart!!!!

Pam
06-02-2002, 07:21 AM
I felt exactly the same way. After having a canine companion by your side for 15 years how do you forget?? It should have felt as natural to have that dog's presence by his side as having shoes on his feet! How did he not feel 'something' was missing! I am sure he is going through his own kind of agony over it now but it doesn't compare with what Woodrow suffered. :( :(

Dixieland Dancer
06-02-2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs
I have no sympothy for that officer. He forgot his dog and that is inexcusable. Those dogs work so hard for those handlers, all they ask for in return is food, water, shelter and protection from stuff like this.

Makes me sick.

DITTO. He needs to be locked in the car for four hours with the windows rolled up and have his canine friend say.... 'Oh I forgot he was in there'! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Fuzzy317
06-02-2002, 08:22 PM
I am sorry, but I think this person should be asked to resign!! Leaving his dog, who is his partner, in the car should not be forgiven. I am glad he is not a member of the police where I live and pay taxes.

cavialova
06-02-2002, 08:24 PM
how stupid!!!! poor dog.:( :( :mad:

K9karen
06-03-2002, 07:14 AM
I was so sick and disgusted I couldn't reply here with printable words..I'm STILL reeling! How can you simply "forget"??? As far as I'm concerned the jerk should be charged with manslaugter.

DoggiesAreTheBest
06-03-2002, 07:25 AM
I am at a loss for words :(

How could you forget the dog in the car? And this is no ordinary dog we are talking about, either! This dog is the officer's partner!!!

I really don't know what to say!