PDA

View Full Version : Slick heading home tomorrow

gini
09-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Slick gets to go home from the hospital tomorrow!!

Yesterday she had the tube removed and it was very very painful. Somehow she got the nurse from hell who must have missed the class on proper and caring bedside manner. The only comfort that she did have came from Joel who is training to be a nurse - not a doctor. He held her hand the whole time and was terrific.

She had a lot of company yesterday afternoon including her Mom, so that cheered her up.

But the best news is that she will be released tomorrow (Sunday) and will have a happy reunion with Max - and get to snuggle with Dr. Pete.

Cincy'sMom
09-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Yeah Slick!!! Glad to hear you will be home for some fur-therapy soon!

moosmom
09-23-2006, 11:18 AM
That is great news!! Please give her my love and let her know I'm praying for her.

Speaking of the nurse from hell, we must've gotten the same incompetent. At 2 a.m. one day nurse rat$hit came in and woke me up out of a sound sleep (having taken my meds) to draw blood. The veins in my hands "roll" and it's very difficult to land it. This person went on a fishing expedition with her needle to no avail. Hell, it would've been nice if she had flipped on the freaking light before she came at me like Dracula. I finally passed out and she stopped. She came in again a couple of nights later looking for blood again. I told her to get out and get someone who knows what their doing. After speaking with my nurse, I guess there had been many complaints about this vampire wannabe.

((((HUGS)))) to you Slick honey.

Donna

Randi
09-23-2006, 11:19 AM
YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!

What great news!! Slick will be in her own bed and get to cuddle with Dr. Pete! :D Hopefully, she'll also get some well deserved sleep!

Slick, the worst is over, now the real recovery starts! :D Get better and better girl!

Let's all sing....

{Refrain}

Getting so much better all the time
It's getting better all the time
Better, better, better
It's getting better all the time
Better, better, better

Gini, thanks so much for letting us know, and when you talk to her, tell her I'm sending tons of hugs!

cyber-sibes
09-23-2006, 11:59 AM
What great news!!!!!! Can hardly wait till she can come on and "tell us in her own words" what it was like! :D

Almita
09-23-2006, 12:00 PM
That is wonderful news! That is great that she is ok with the whole surgery. That's great that her mom was there to be with her. She finally gets to be home with Dr. Pete.

lizbud
09-23-2006, 12:06 PM
Wow, that sounds great.Gini, do you know if Slick will have some helpers
at home for a while? I hope she gets to really rest & recoup. :)

Killearn Kitties
09-23-2006, 12:07 PM
GREAT NEWS!! I'm sure that she is going to feel so much better at home!
Hope she feels well enough to check in soon. :D

jazzcat
09-23-2006, 12:13 PM
That is great news!!!! Glad that nasty tube is out!

There is something very theraputic about sleeping in your own bed in your own home and especially being nursed by your beloved cat.

gini
09-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Slick said that she would probably post something Sunday night - she didn't think she would have the stamina to sit and read all of the posts - but she would post herself.

We have all missed her..............

Karen
09-23-2006, 12:25 PM
Yay! Hooray! I always asked the hospital staff how they ever expected folks to get better when they'd come in and wake us up 3 times a night. Home! Home! Your own bed, and house and sheets and cat and schedule and there IS no place like home.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-23-2006, 12:46 PM
HAPPY DANCE IN PROGRESS HERE!!! :D :D

THE KAT KIDS ARE DANCING AND I MAY GET UP AND SHAKE MY OLD BOOTY WITH THEM!!!! (after I make sure the curtains are all shut, that is, don't want to make the local news) :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Wow, we sure missed you, Slick!!! I am so happy to hear you are going home soon now!!

Thank you so much Gini for posting updates!!!

Pam
09-23-2006, 01:01 PM
YEAH, YEAH, YEAH! Let's all sing....

I'm singing right along with Randi (be glad you can't hear me). :) I haven't posted a lot on Slick's thread because I feel very inadequate when it comes to saying the right thing. Nevertheless I have been reading and am just so glad she is coming home. Nothing feels like home! :)

ChrisH
09-23-2006, 01:06 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Smilies/mademyday.gif :D That is some great news! :D

Gini,thanks again for all the updates.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Smilies/kiss.gif

Lady's Human
09-23-2006, 01:22 PM
Does Slick get to take her doc home with her for in home care?

Great news. Dr Pete will be able to take better care of her at home. :D

shais_mom
09-23-2006, 01:28 PM
yyeeaa!
so glad to hear this!

AbbyMom
09-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Good news!

jenluckenbach
09-23-2006, 02:38 PM
This is the best news...................HOME!!!!!!!!

I'll be waiting for Slick's first post.

Miss Z
09-23-2006, 02:45 PM
This is such great news! :D I've been hoping that things were going to begin to get better for Slick and now this is the first step. It's so great that she's coming home!

dukedogsmom
09-23-2006, 03:22 PM
Now that's some good news! I'm so glad to hear that she'll finally be sleeping in her own bed. Sorry to hear about the chest tube removal pain. Hopefully it didn't leave any lasting soreness. Congrats Slick! I hope you continue to improve.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Fantastic!

Pembroke_Corgi
09-23-2006, 03:53 PM
That's wonderful!!

krazyaboutkatz
09-23-2006, 04:23 PM
This is wonderful news!!!:D Thanks for keeping us updated about her Gini.:)

Rachel
09-23-2006, 04:43 PM
Well, this has been quite an ordeal for her, perhaps more painful than she even feared. But at least the needed operation has been done and the recovery process is started. This may take awhile but day by day, bit by bit she will regain her health and stamina. Yes, it will be wonderful to hear from her personally. That should send up a cheer heard all the way to Canada.

Dorothy39
09-23-2006, 05:43 PM
Well, this has been quite an ordeal for her, perhaps more painful than she even feared. But at least the needed operation has been done and the recovery process is started. This may take awhile but day by day, bit by bit she will regain her health and stamina. Yes, it will be wonderful to hear from her personally. That should send up a cheer heard all the way to Canada.

Wow Rachel, You took the words right out of my mouth!!! :D ( my thoughts) Yet again!!!!!!

OH, How I have waited for this wonderful up date!!!! (Says Dorothy39) :D

RedHedd
09-23-2006, 08:08 PM
I'm so sorry about the nurse cratchit - there always seems to be one or two (or even more as I experienced with a back surgery a few years ago). Welcome Home Slick! Perhaps nursing student Joel needs to do some extra "homework" ;) You can always volunteer to be an extra-special tutor :D

I'm sure you're glad to be home in your own bed with your fur children nursing you back to health.

Edwina's Secretary
09-23-2006, 08:51 PM
like Pam....I'm not good at saying these things but....

Yaa Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

pnance
09-23-2006, 11:58 PM
Yah!!!! I'm sure she'll be glad to get back in her own bed!!

K9karen
09-24-2006, 01:15 AM
There's no place like home...there's no place like home...

Good vibes coming your way, Slick!

Barbara
09-24-2006, 06:39 AM
Good news! Way to go Slick :) You'll miss Joel- but there will be Dr. Pete ;)