PDA

View Full Version : Leda 9-23-06

jenluckenbach
09-23-2006, 05:40 AM
A short update on this great little girl.

She will now come to eat her canned food near the other fosters.

Yesterday she terrorized poor Nova for a few moments. But later she actually headbutted DaVinci! (of course, then she hissed at him :rolleyes: )

She really IS shy of strangers. She runs from Charlie, even his voice. But she LOVES mama!!! :D

I placed her on One by One's front petfinder web page as the "Featured cat". Maybe someone will spot her and want to adopt her.

orangemm
09-23-2006, 05:53 AM
Slow, steady progress. You are on the right track, now it's up to her to keep it up!!

At least she's socializing a bit more, that's good, right? :)

AbbyMom
09-23-2006, 07:50 AM
Sounds like she's on her way to being somebody's baby! Good for Leda. Good for Jen for helping her be her loving self.

jazzcat
09-23-2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the update Jen. I was wondering how she's doing.

Catty1
09-23-2006, 01:36 PM
Wow - Actually HEADBUTTED DaVinci? and then hissed! Silly girl!

"Hey, I like you - OMG! MY REPUTATION! HISS HISS!!!!" :D

catmandu
09-23-2006, 04:11 PM
The sad thing is that as a stray, she had to fight and forage for her food, and other Cats, and most people were enemies.
Now slowly she must learn to let her guard down, and trust other Cats and people.
If theres anyone who can do this, its Our Hero, The Cat Lady Of Allentown
Jen!!

jenluckenbach
09-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Leda was dropped at the shelter by "owners". We can't be sure that she was ever a stray.

krazyaboutkatz
09-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the update. It sounds like she's making more progress and hopefully some one will want to adopt her.:)

momcat
09-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Looks like you did it again, Jen! Leda really seems to be responding to your love and care. I did sort of chuckle when you said she headbutted DaVinci, that must have been cute to see. What did DaVinci think of it?

kimlovescats
09-24-2006, 05:49 PM
That's wonderful, Jen! Maybe the right home will come along and she will have you to thank! ;)

Lizzie
09-27-2006, 11:53 AM
Thank you for keeping us all updated, Jen, and I'm sorry I haven't been able to respond for ages. I did keep looking for the updates and thinking about Leda. I'm glad that she is becoming more comfortable with the other cats, that's a plus for her adoption-wise I should think. Still no pee'ing accidents? That may have been an excuse for her previous family to unload her, but what a bad tag to put on her. I'm so happy that she enjoys your attention and that you enjoy hers, she must revel in having someone who appreciates her.

catlover4ever
09-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Slow and steady always wins the race.....Leda is coming along at her own pace. Great update.

jenluckenbach
09-27-2006, 01:59 PM
No potty problems to my knowledge. I still believe that occasionally she misses the box. twice there was a poop right over the edge of the lower (un-hooded) box. And remember the 1 pee early on? How it was right outside the box? I think with tall sided or covered boxes, she'll be fine.

momcat
09-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Sounds like progress, Jen.These things take time and patience and it sure sounds as if Leda is getting the idea. Leda appears to be trying. You can do it, Leda!!!