PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Adopt To This Man!

Danegirl2208
09-22-2006, 11:23 PM
This has been going on for a while..but the more people know about this sick man the better..
http://www.care2.com/c2c/share/detail/25253

Heres the latest update on him as of sept. 4 ( www.pedigreedatabase.com:)

Convicted animal abuser Shon Rahrig has moved to Long Beach. He uses craigslist to find animals to torture, both posting and answering ads. He favors calico cats but will also take kittens, adult cats, puppies and older dogs instead. He tends to focus on 'free to good home' ads so he can get free victims. He is believed to post ads full of manipulative lies (see example at end). In addition to craigslist he attends adoption events and shelters and may use newspaper and bulletin board ads so please warn non-craigslist people you know.

His acts of torture are extremely disturbing. He has been doing this for years and moves to new locations (even across the country) when the locals learn too much. In addition to jail and probation his sentence for torturing kittens in Ohio in 1999 included the decision that he could never again own living things and had to attend mandatory counseling. Instead he skipped town and moved to another state where police, neighbors, shelters and animal control did not know him! This was after pleading guilty (in order to avoid the publicity a trial would have brought him, which would have hindered him when he sought more victims).

As of April 2006 he was known to live at:
5901 East Ocean Blvd, Unit D
Long Beach, CA 90803

He has set up a dog walking service at the Long Beach dog park, he has been getting ref. and dogs from the other dog walkers at the dog park. Maybe it be best to leave your dogs in your own care until they catch the creep!

kt_luvs_kitties
09-22-2006, 11:55 PM
I hope this sicko rotts in H*ll! What kind of person is so sadistic and cruel? I just can't even imagine.Poor pets, I hope NOONE gives him another animal and I hope he does not find anymore. RIP all the babies that he has killed:( *tears*

G535
09-23-2006, 12:31 AM
I can never understand how people can do things like that. I hope this "person" gets what he deserves soon. It's a shame that the laws against this kind of thing are so weak everywhere. :(

catfamily
09-23-2006, 03:00 AM
I knew by the looks of this thread that I may get sick.Sure enough...ran to the bathroom...got a bit dizzy and got sick.I have a VERY hard time reading about abuse to animals and humans.And I just cannot seem to get use to reading about it.I'm glad you posted this though.This needs world attention.Hopefully EVERYONE in the world will know about this man.The sooner the better.
He should be in Jail for life.Accually tortured!
I wish we Americans were into torturing people like this in jail...leagally!

CultureJunky
09-23-2006, 03:38 AM
What a total sick freak! I really hope somebody gets him eventually, people like him should be locked up indefinately. It's about time laws were changed and abuse/killings of an animal is given the same sentence as murder for humans, he should be stuck away for life. He obviously has serious problems and needs to be stopped, people like him do not change with counselling or prison terms, they keep re-offending, they never stop.
I've no doubt he's probably done something similar to humans somewhere along the line, and if he progresses like he is with animals eventually somebody somewhere will be murdered, possibly a child as they are easier pray than adults.
Somebody wants to seriously keep an eye on him before he does anymore serious harm be it to and animal or human.

Miss Z
09-23-2006, 05:26 AM
That is truly shocking, and it sends a shudder down my spine to think that some twisted people get a kick out of something like that. I hope they catch the b****** and make his life a living hell. :mad:

orangemm
09-23-2006, 05:56 AM
This country needs to put some teeth into its laws. Lock this bastard up with some vicious murderers and see how he fares.

GreyhoundGirl
09-23-2006, 07:45 AM
Yea, I agree. ( with the above statements )

I can never belive how some people can be so rotten. Someone loved those critters, then he comes and takes them away. And... And... And... I can't even think about it. :(

catmandu
09-23-2006, 09:36 AM
I think someone should wait for this creep, and gun him down.
Theres no excuse for this kind of behaviour.

moosmom
09-23-2006, 09:43 AM
This country needs to put some teeth into its laws

I've been saying that for years!!

Randi
09-23-2006, 11:10 AM
I didn't want to open the links and read details, but I can imagine what a jerk he is!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I agree, every shelter and dog/cat owner should know about this man - I guess the only way would be to publish a picture of him all over USA.

krazyaboutkatz
09-23-2006, 05:00 PM
This is horrendous:mad: and he needs to be found and put away for life. Then he needs to be put on death row.:mad: Even this is too good for him. I'll never understand how anyone can abuse animals. It makes me sick and sad at the same time.:mad::(

momcat
09-24-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm sitting here looking at my Groucho sleeping peacefully without a care in the world as my rage increases. I refuse to refer to this thing as a human being, a person, most definitely NOT a man :mad: :mad: :mad:!! I consider all animals and especially our beloved pets to be a very special gift from God. There is no excuse for this extreme level of intentional cruelty! It's a well known fact that abusing animals eventually results in violence against people.For this reason I pray he does NOT have a child. It scares me to even think that this thing is on the loose most likely in search of yet another helpless kitty or puppy. This warning needs to be prominently posted in every pet shop, shelter, rescue, breeder, veterinary office, any place involved with animal adoptions.

But this is only one that we know about. How many more like him are out there doing the same thing that we don't know about? It's time for all of us to contact our legislators and demand their support for tougher laws and penalties for the abuse and torture of any animal such as serious jail time. Get the message out that this will not be tolerated!

There's a special place in hell for this creep, I'll be happy to make his reservation!! :mad: :mad: !! :mad: :mad: :mad:

GreyhoundGirl
09-24-2006, 05:51 PM
I didn't want to open the links and read details, but I can imagine what a jerk he is!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I agree, every shelter and dog/cat owner should know about this man - I guess the only way would be to publish a picture of him all over USA.

USA?!?! I say the world.

There's a special place in hell for this creep, I'll be happy to make his reservation!! :mad: :mad: !! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ditto

GreyhoundGirl
09-24-2006, 05:56 PM
P.S. A hint to all bold people: did you know that there is a phone number to call to give this guy a piece of your mind? Has anyone called it? ( I might do it from a phone booth next time I'm in town. :p ) The conversation would be very dignified: you're a *BEEP BEEP BEEP you go * BEEP BEEP BEEP just *BEEP BEEP. You *BEEP !!!!! :rolleyes:

Danegirl2208
09-24-2006, 05:59 PM
P.S. A hint to all bold people: did you know that there is a phone number to call to give this guy a piece of your mind? Has anyone called it? ( I might do it from a phone booth next time I'm in town. :p ) The conversation would be very dignified: you're a *BEEP BEEP BEEP you go * BEEP BEEP BEEP just *BEEP BEEP. You *BEEP !!!!! :rolleyes:

the sicko has moved around so much..those #s most likely will not work anymore

GreyhoundGirl
09-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Awww. Too bad. I didn't think of that. I got all excited and started thinking of all the swear words I know. :p

Catty1
09-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Because he has a 'last known address', it seems clear that someone in the know is keeping an eye on his whereabouts.

The next time they pick him up - in he goes with NO bail!