PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Adopt To This Man!

Danegirl2208
09-22-2006, 11:22 PM
This has been going on for a while..but the more people know about this sick man the better..
http://www.care2.com/c2c/share/detail/25253

Heres the latest update on him as of sept. 4 ( www.pedigreedatabase.com:)

Convicted animal abuser Shon Rahrig has moved to Long Beach. He uses craigslist to find animals to torture, both posting and answering ads. He favors calico cats but will also take kittens, adult cats, puppies and older dogs instead. He tends to focus on 'free to good home' ads so he can get free victims. He is believed to post ads full of manipulative lies (see example at end). In addition to craigslist he attends adoption events and shelters and may use newspaper and bulletin board ads so please warn non-craigslist people you know.

His acts of torture are extremely disturbing. He has been doing this for years and moves to new locations (even across the country) when the locals learn too much. In addition to jail and probation his sentence for torturing kittens in Ohio in 1999 included the decision that he could never again own living things and had to attend mandatory counseling. Instead he skipped town and moved to another state where police, neighbors, shelters and animal control did not know him! This was after pleading guilty (in order to avoid the publicity a trial would have brought him, which would have hindered him when he sought more victims).

As of April 2006 he was known to live at:
5901 East Ocean Blvd, Unit D
Long Beach, CA 90803

He has set up a dog walking service at the Long Beach dog park, he has been getting ref. and dogs from the other dog walkers at the dog park. Maybe it be best to leave your dogs in your own care until they catch the creep!

K9karen
09-22-2006, 11:33 PM
i can't believe I'm admitting this..but my very first thought, without a blink of an eye was "Shoot to Kill"!Sorry if anyone is offended but it was my first associated remark.

IRescue452
09-23-2006, 03:58 PM
Naw, shoot to maim and let him lay there and die slowly.

Lady's Human
09-23-2006, 04:23 PM
.22's in the joints and let him suffer, anyone?

lizbud
09-23-2006, 04:52 PM
I truly believe that serial abusers of animals or human children should be
branded with a big S right in the middle of their foreheads.Society should
have plenty of warning with these creeps being allowed out of jail, time after
time. :mad:

Husky15
09-23-2006, 06:15 PM
He doesn't deserve death. He deserves torture. Hearing of people torturing animals just makes me sick inside and want to cry.

He should have done to him what he did to those poor animals. If I knew that man was being horribly tortured like he tortured those animals, I wouldn't lose even a wink of sleep.

Daisy and Delilah
09-23-2006, 08:03 PM
I truly believe that serial abusers of animals or human children should be
branded with a big S right in the middle of their foreheads.Society should
have plenty of warning with these creeps being allowed out of jail, time after
time. :mad:

I couldn't agree more!! :mad: :mad: This idiot will move from animals to people it seems before he will be, hopefully, apprehended forever. It's not a case of "if", but a case of "when". This sicko needs to be stopped now. Nothing will bother him if he gets such a thrill out of torturing innocent animals. :mad: :mad: :(