PDA

View Full Version : Im thinking about a new Addition, can you help?

coco-bean
09-22-2006, 08:16 PM
Today i was at work and i was taking the garbage out to the dumpster and i saw a rabbit! It was the cutes thing with the cutest little bunnie face, but i could tell it was scared of me, just how it's ears were! but i was wondering if anyone knew some really good websites for information on Rabbits/Bunnies, the whole shabang, you know! haha! i would really like to widen my horizon of the animal world...and not just own dogs, i'd like to own other animals also! Thanks everyone, in advance!!

Zippy
09-22-2006, 08:19 PM
www.rabbit.org

Karen
09-22-2006, 08:19 PM
Do not get a rabbit without doing a lot of research first, especially as you have two pups that are still in the process of being trained, and need a lot of your time and attention. Also, bring a bunny into a home with dogs is not recommended for a newcomer, and not smart until the dogs are completely and totally trained and undr your control.

However, to read a lot about bunnies, and having a pet rabbit, see http://rabbit.org

Zany_girlie
09-22-2006, 09:27 PM
bunny info (http://www.petsmart.com/global/articles/article_detail.jsp?CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=10134198673 360362&bmUID=1158978288385)

This may help it has a lot of needed info like what to feed them, how to house them, health matters and things of that kind! Hope this helps!

buttercup132
09-23-2006, 12:23 PM
First off what do you mean by the dumpter? Was it loose, in a cage, do you know if its wild or not?

Bunnies need CONSTANT attention and at LEAST 2 hours of running every day. They do chew wires and so you will need to take care of that and bunny proof/safe the room he will be in or the house. They need to have unlimited TIMOTHY hay to help them digest their food and stop hairballs. They cant throw up . Any signs of the bun not eating or drinking could mean something major is wrong.

Any questions just PM me

Argranade
09-23-2006, 10:12 PM
If its at a dumpster wild!...

You better go there and grab it fast before somthing else does...( like somthing that would love a rabbit for lunch!) it can also get hit by a car or somthing.

If you catch this Bun Bun just put it in a box grab some food timothy hay ect.. and keep it in a quiet room away from dogs of course..

Then since you may not have room try to find it a home.

Just because you cant keep it does not mean ya cant help it! :)

Suki Wingy
09-23-2006, 10:31 PM
actually, wild bunnies don't do very well in captivity at all. You'd be better off with a domestic bunny. Petfinder.com lists bunnies.

Miss Z
09-24-2006, 06:26 AM
As with any pet, I'd buy some books on rabbits and also read up on certain breeds which will fit your lifestyle the best. Rabbits are not the easiest pets in the world to look after, and they are quite prone to illnesses (unless I've just been unlucky). My first rabbit had an intestinal problem which I managed for 4 years, and my second rabbit had an intestinal tumour, which was probably down to interbreeding, and I would hate anyone to go through what I went through with Cookie. Look around for rabbit breeders and only choose one which you are very happy with, or alternatively, adopt.

Good luck. :)

flamepony12
09-24-2006, 11:15 AM
I agree, don't keep a wild rabbit in captivity.. look for a domestic bunny that's used to being handled instead. :) But please do your research first!

Argranade
09-24-2006, 12:25 PM
actually, wild bunnies don't do very well in captivity at all. You'd be better off with a domestic bunny. Petfinder.com lists bunnies.

So this is a wild rabbit?

If this rabbit used to be a pet then there would be a reason to catch it but if it's wild, let it be.