PDA

View Full Version : Six flags: Bite a live hissing roach and be first in line for all rides

IRescue452
09-22-2006, 01:25 PM
What a message, bite off an animal's head and be first in line all day! :mad: Whether or not some people think they are gross animals, they are still living, and capable of feeling pain. I'd opt for eating one of the people who though of the promoition instead, live of course.

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greatamerica/ParkPress/Roaches.html

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EAT_A_ROACH_PROMOTION?SITE=MOSTP&SECTION=ENTERTAINMENT&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-09-21-16-34-13

caseysmom
09-22-2006, 01:27 PM
I think this is disgusting but I don't think a cockroaches life is above a humans.

Zippy
09-22-2006, 01:47 PM
That is sick and sad :mad: :(

Karen
09-22-2006, 02:05 PM
Sad and Six Flags should be boycotted.

JenBKR
09-22-2006, 02:08 PM
:confused: ok that's just weird.....I can't believe that they came up with that :(

Lady's Human
09-22-2006, 02:27 PM
And a copy of the hitchhiker's guide that made it through a rip in the space-time continuum states that the marketing department for Six Flags were the first against the wall when the revolution came.

People are twits.

Argranade
09-22-2006, 02:33 PM
What Idiots can't we all e mail them and complain or somthing? :(

Poor little critters even tho I would never hold one I dout.... :o

pitc9
09-22-2006, 03:13 PM
How sad.... so if you kill a living thing you get rewarded?!?!
:( :mad: :( :mad:

CathyBogart
09-22-2006, 03:21 PM
Toki, Priscilla and Dexter (my hissers) are outraged along with me!

Husky_mom
09-22-2006, 03:21 PM
such a nice Marketing department :rolleyes: brilliant :rolleyes:

and they pay the guys who think of this!!........oh my.........

I really donīt like roaches, but i wonīt even think of making that a "promotion"......I mean.........they are alive too!!

ramanth
09-22-2006, 03:40 PM
SICK SICK SICK!!!

I've held hissers and they are so cute. They do not deserved to be treated like that. Reward someone for killing something!? Disgusting...

Daisy and Delilah
09-22-2006, 04:10 PM
This is sending a very poor message for sure!! I'll be glad to email somebody :mad:

Miss Z
09-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Ugh, how disgusting! It's so unfortunate and sad that live-animal eating is portrayed across the world as something fun and daring. Over here, the programme 'I'm a celebrity...get me out of here' always has a trial in which the celebrity eats a variety of live critters. Truly, truly, horrible :(

kt_luvs_kitties
09-22-2006, 09:05 PM
Who can we email and get this stopped? That is awful , a horrible message, and just sounds like a whole lot of not fun. I hope that noone goes to watch this, and that they LOSE money for the promotion. Just awful, poor roaches. :( :( :(

Nomilynn
09-23-2006, 10:35 AM
http://www.sixflags.com/contactus.asp

http://investors.sixflags.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=61629&p=irol-govBoard

There are the "contact us" listings, but no emails. We would have to write to all of the park managers individually I guess.

Also - I couldn't find ways to contact the investors but with there has to be a way somehow..

Pembroke_Corgi
09-23-2006, 11:05 AM
I saw that on the news the other day. Poor little things.

sirrahved
09-23-2006, 11:59 AM
I personally would consider taking them up on this offer. That's just me, though.

IRescue452
09-23-2006, 04:02 PM
I don't know how anybody could do that. Any animal deserves respect, even if you intend to eat it. I had a hisser with a broken leg and you could tell she was in pain sometimes. She definately favored that leg and made noise if you touched it.

Husky15
09-23-2006, 06:45 PM
"...and remember kids if you kill an animal you get rewarded! Yay!"

Idiots.

catnapper
09-23-2006, 07:05 PM
I personally would consider taking them up on this offer. That's just me, though.
LOL me too. If I had one in my house, I'd be calling the Orcan Man for mass extinction within my home. I don't want them in my home, and I certainly I don't want them in my mouth... then again I'd love to be first in line for the loop roller coasters.

I think they are just trying to follow in the footsteps of shows like Fear Factor, which IMO went far worse than this. Gross but it definately shows who really wants a free pass to be first in line all day. One roach, all day first in line? A lot of people would swallow their distaste to do it.

K9soul
09-23-2006, 07:39 PM
Any animal deserves respect, even if you intend to eat it.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Killing should never be made into a spectacle/joke/celebration, I don't care what type of creature it is or how "disgusting" it is.

Vette
09-23-2006, 08:22 PM
Ewww

Luvin Labs
09-23-2006, 09:33 PM
Its a bug. A gross nasty filthy bug.

I'd never do that due to health reasons, but if it gets 'em front of the line then its their health not mine.

Disgusting.

Alysser
09-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Alot of people on here, including myself, hate bugs. I know I cannot even stand to look at a roach. If one was in my house I'd be calling the Navy. IMO, hissing roaches are digusting and eww I cannot even look at one without getting freaked out but regardless of whatever the animal is, what Six Flags is promoting is sick. It's basically saying "Animal cruelty can get you in front of the line all day." That's sick, even though I hate bugs I feel really bad for them at the same time. The sad thing is that I LOVE Six flags and I have a season pass. In fact, I went last weekend. I can assure you I will not be playing any part in that sick "promotion". :mad:

Poor roach.(I cannot believe I said that but I really feel bad.) :(