PDA

View Full Version : 40 Acres Enough?

BC_MoM
09-22-2006, 07:33 AM
40 acres of burrs? NO. Long story short for everyone that doesn't frequent the dog section, our city is trying to take away our best dog park to build a new football field, 3 new soccer fields, and a frisbee field.

Would everyone be so kind to go to www.winnipegsun.com and scroll down a little bit until you see the "Feedback" poll. Please vote, NO, it's not enough!!

Thank you in advance everyone.. I'm so furious and upset over this. We're demonstarting outside of city hall next week with our dogs. :)

pitc9
09-22-2006, 08:29 AM
I think 40 acres is PLENTY for a dog park! :confused:
Most are no where near that big!
I sent a letter yesterday for you asking them not to close a dog park... is this park going to replace the one they want to close?? :confused:

BC_MoM
09-22-2006, 10:34 AM
No.

And you don't understand. There are no trails and nowhere to walk in this 40 acres. It's full of scratchy weeds, bushes, and burrs. Burrs are HORRENDOUS. During the spring, it's completely flooded and under water. The rest of the time, it almost knee deep mud.

Take it from me. You would not want to step one foot in this place. This is what no one is understanding because everyone who is voting yes has never been there.

pitc9
09-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Oh I get it, so they are making it deceiving!
All they are asking is if 40 acres is enough, but what they have left out is the fact that it's not a GOOD 40 acres.
How sad... and believe me... I know what burrs are and they SUCK!!

sumbirdy
09-22-2006, 11:22 AM
I voted no for you. ;) I hope this works out the way you want it. Dogs should have a GOOD dog park.

Reachoutrescue
09-22-2006, 11:26 AM
I voted no and passed to everybody on my email list.

Blue_Frog
09-22-2006, 11:33 AM
The question poll is kind of interesting in a couple respects...

Is 40 acres enough room for an off-leash dog park?
o No, dogs need far more room to run.
o Yes, it's plenty for any dog.
o Keep them leashed.

Currently, 881 respondants with 16% for the first question, 53% for the second, and 31% from the third.

The way it is worded, then yes - i'd agree that 40 acres is a lot of space for a dog park - but not if its a bog. If they'd had a picture of the place, or a little blurb saying that the current location was a 'fixer-upper' location, then thats another thing.

Also, they have 2 answers on there that would take away from the 'No, dogs need to run' vote. Having the quiz answers as "No, its not enough" and "Yes, its enough or Dogs should be leashed at all times" as a second question would provide a more fair response I think.

Just a question though, since I can't seem to find the article about them giving or taking away the dog park -- if the city provides a new location for this dog park, are they also going to pay for new fencing, maintenance, and making pathways - or even providing the materials for some of the dog park members to do themselves?

--- Oh, and I voted NO as well :) ---

Flatcoatluver
09-22-2006, 11:42 AM
I voted no as well.

slleipnir
09-22-2006, 11:53 AM
I voted...good luck with it

sumbirdy
09-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Can we vote more than once? Like a thousand times? :)

BC_MoM
09-22-2006, 02:04 PM
Thanks so much you guys!!! :) I really appreciate it.. last year we won the battle over another dog park.. hopefully we'll win the fight for thsi one too!!

Unfortunately, you can only vote once from a single computer. Luckily, at school we have plenty so I voted no from as many as I could! lol

sumbirdy
09-22-2006, 02:18 PM
Great! im at school too so i'll vote from several different ones!

Vette
09-22-2006, 06:12 PM
40 achers is a lot of land.

we have 17achers. more then enough for us let alone any pets.
however,, when we we first moved here,, it was such a mess...
loggers really tore the crap out of it and it was hard to move around.
took us years to get it cleaned up.

but the land in the condition it is in.. until or 'if' its ever cleaned up then well the more land the better.

and ya got my vote :D