PDA

View Full Version : Dexter's Dental This Morning .... Prayers Please!

kimlovescats
09-22-2006, 12:31 AM
This morning (Friday) at 8:30 a.m., my Dexter has a dental to try and see the extent of his problems with Stomatitis. He has been getting Depo shots for a couple of months now, and last time his mouth / gums were worse than ever. I finally have had him kenneled the past 2 weeks, on canned food only and slipping his antitiotic in his food as he is impossible to medicate! :rolleyes: Depending on how his dental exam goes, he may have to have some or all of his teeth pulled. Because of his age (approx. 7 years) they will do pre-anesthesia blood work. I am still concerned about him going "under" even if the blood work looks fine. Please if you can spare a prayer or two for my sweet guy, I would truly appreciate it!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Dexter/Dex8.jpg

Dexter here: .... HELP!!! My mouth hurts too bad for anyone to mess with it, PLEASE tell meowmmy not to take me!!! :(

jazzcat
09-22-2006, 12:48 AM
Good luck Dexter.

Try not to worry too much Kim. I know each kitty is different but Ripley had his one and only dental at age 11 and he did great. That was even with elevated kidney levels (the vet decided Ripley's dental was too important).

Prayers and crossed paws for Dexter (and meowmie).

orangemm
09-22-2006, 04:29 AM
Dexter honey, it will be all right...you will feel better after this is over. Poor baby, that has to hurt. :(

Please keep us posted, Kim...........

CultureJunky
09-22-2006, 05:24 AM
Sending best wishes to you Dexter,it'llbe for the best, and then your little mouth won't hurt anymore. I'm thinking of you.

Sonia59
09-22-2006, 06:04 AM
Dexter, I hope you feel better soon, it is just a bad moment!
Paws crossed for you ;)

AbbyMom
09-22-2006, 06:45 AM
Poor Dexter. Here's prayers a good thoughts for you today.

catmandu
09-22-2006, 08:51 AM
We are All Praying for Dexter, especially My Balinese who lsot all but two of his teeth five years ago.
We ceratinly pray that Dexter does not have to go through that as John Hancock was one sick Kitty for a month.
Hes purffect now and loves his kibble.
We are parying very hard for your Big Dexter.

krazyaboutkatz
09-22-2006, 11:46 AM
Kim, I hope that everything goes smoothly. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

kimlovescats
09-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Dexter's dental went fine .... actually his teeth are in great shape, it's just this stupid Stomatitis making his mouth so miserable. Doc says to keep him on the Clindamycin for now and see how it goes .... she will only remove his teeth as a last option.

jazzcat
09-22-2006, 06:38 PM
Yay, glad it went well.

Feel better soon Dexter.

krazyaboutkatz
09-22-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm glad to hear that everything went well.:)

Catty1
09-22-2006, 10:18 PM
Is stomatitis like thrush?

Sorry if I am repeating myself...but was it Dexter I suggested yogurt about, that it might soothe his mouth a bit and help it?

Poor Dex! I hope he is better SOON!