PDA

View Full Version : Is your hair natural,coloured or high lighted?

Argranade
09-21-2006, 08:42 PM
Just wanted to know is your hair natural,coloured or high lighted?

For me I got a few blond high lights about 3 years ago and of course they faded.

Then about a year ago I added some copper high lights now they started to fade.

So I would say im natural right now tho I plan on going blond...maybe. ;)

sammy101
09-21-2006, 08:44 PM
My hair is coloured. Right now its golden brown, which i really like and i'll probably keep. Its very close to my natural colour though.

Pembroke_Corgi
09-21-2006, 08:45 PM
I like my hair color, so it's natural. :)

catnapper
09-21-2006, 08:51 PM
I couldn't vote: Mine is dyed to what would be my natural color if I didn't have all this white hair growing in place of my dark brown hair! :p

I personally hate when young people dye their hair. They will never have color as beautiful as they do while they're young and soon enough they'll be dying it because they have to and its a chore instead of fun.

Kfamr
09-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Natural.

I had red highlights in it at one point but they are completely gone.

Pembroke_Corgi
09-21-2006, 08:54 PM
I personally hate when young people dye their hair. They will never have color as beautiful as they do while they're young and soon enough they'll be dying it because they have to and its a chore instead of fun.
Well, sometimes people go grey young though. I got my first grey hair at 19. I don't have a whole lot, so I just pull them out but I know people who were mostly grey by 30!

Felicia's Mom
09-21-2006, 09:00 PM
My hair is the natural color.

Chilli
09-21-2006, 09:01 PM
At the moment, I have "low-lights". Eventhough my hair is a dark color to begin with, I have darker highlights.

I used to have almost-black hair with a few pink highlights, before the school band made a rule that while we're doing contests, we must look semi-normal. I miss my old hair...
I very rarely dye all of my hair... it hasn't been completely dyed for well over a year (when the school band made their 'rule').

zoey
09-21-2006, 09:08 PM
some sparse natural looking highlites. though i'm overdue to have them done, i'm only getting a trim. I may have to budget for another vet visit for Daisy.

Alysser
09-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Natural, it's a dark brown coloring.

Danegirl2208
09-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Natural..ive never colored my hair actually

finn's mom
09-21-2006, 09:41 PM
I noticed my first grey hair when I was about sixteen. My mother was 100% grey by the time she was in her late thirties. I put off coloring my hair at all (not even box color) til I was in my late twenties, and, then I couldn't stand it anymore! :) I've been coloring it ever since, every chance I get (i.e. when I have the money!). It's fun! Right now, I had it done in March, so it's looking pretty rough, hahaha, but, that's all right. I'll eventually be able to play with it again.

Tralee
09-21-2006, 09:41 PM
Natural- My hair is blond with natural highlights in the summer because I always wear it in a ponytail and it gets bleached by the sun.

Vette
09-21-2006, 09:53 PM
I like my hair color, so it's natural. :)

Same here

slleipnir
09-21-2006, 09:56 PM
I've never actually dyed my hair, but I do have some highlights.

Suki Wingy
09-21-2006, 10:32 PM
In need of a new dye job is what it is! Naturally medium brown with a few lighter and darker highlights. Right now I have fadded out copper highlights, bleach highlights from where the purple wore off, and semi-greyish pieces where I mixed the last bit of purple dye wrong and it turned out greyish. I need a fresh pink and red in the next few weeks.

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Mine is natural. I did have a few lighter brown/blonde highlights in it a few years ago, but haven't done it again since. I like my colour the way it is.

cali
09-21-2006, 10:42 PM
well my hair is naturaly dark red, naturally the shade that most people are trying to achieve when they dye their hair red, but it cannot be recreated, therefore professionals downright refuse to dye it any other colour and home dyes wont take to my hair lol

K9karen
09-21-2006, 11:24 PM
Having suddenly become deathly allergic to hair dye about 5+ years ago, I'm "au naturel", gray front and top, dark bottom and underneath. I get a lot of compliments. I really like it. Vanity went out the door when I almost had to have my head shaved!

BC_MoM
09-21-2006, 11:28 PM
I never have and never would dye all of my hair. I have blonde highlights right now.

Giselle
09-22-2006, 12:11 AM
I couldn't vote: Mine is dyed to what would be my natural color if I didn't have all this white hair growing in place of my dark brown hair! :p

I agree :) Mine is a natural jet black, although it looks burgundy-red in the sunlight. I'm loving it while I still have it!

binka_nugget
09-22-2006, 12:19 AM
Mine's colored. My natural color is black, as is my current color. Underneath the fake black is a layer of green and purple that's starting to show up. I'm 18 and have plenty of greys already so I like to have fun with my hair color. I've had every color on my head.. purple, blue, green, red, pink, blonde, turqoise, orange, you name it. I decided to dye it back to black recently because it was the one color no one has seen me with since elementary school. :p

shais_mom
09-22-2006, 12:19 AM
I noticed my first grey hair when I was about sixteen. My mother was 100% grey by the time she was in her late thirties. I put off coloring my hair at all (not even box color) til I was in my late twenties, and, then I couldn't stand it anymore! :) I've been coloring it ever since, every chance I get (i.e. when I have the money!). It's fun! Right now, I had it done in March, so it's looking pretty rough, hahaha, but, that's all right. I'll eventually be able to play with it again.
same here - I was getting greys by the time I was 17-18. I played with color once in HS but started dyeing after I graduated more. Up until 2 years ago I did it all myself. Looking back at pics - sometimes I wonder what I was thinking!
:D
Right now I have highlited hair but thought it was getting rather lite for fall so I colored a box red over it and now I really like the blond coming thru there.
:)

Logan
09-22-2006, 07:50 AM
Natural, these days, is an ugly shade of gray! :( So yes, I keep it colored!!! :D

pitc9
09-22-2006, 07:55 AM
Both...
The base of my hair is a med dark auburn and I have dark honey highlights.
I have 2 good friends that do hair for a living so they always have fun putting new/different colors in my hair! And I don't mine the 50% discount!! :D

JenBKR
09-22-2006, 08:14 AM
All of the above actually - I have highlights and low lights in right now. So I am tri-colored. My natural color is dark blonde, my highlights are light golden and low lights are auburn with a little more dark red. My sister is a hair stylist, so I am her guinea pig any time there is a new color or style she wants to try out.....but I don't mind because all of my hair cuts/styles/colorings are free!

ComedyDevil
09-22-2006, 08:26 AM
There's no dye in my hair, but it's not exactly natural either - I've got dreadlocks :p

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f123/twistypop/dreads2.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f123/twistypop/mee-1.jpg

ramanth
09-22-2006, 08:27 AM
Back to it's natural medium brown right now. But it's been colored and highlighted in the past.

Queen of Poop
09-22-2006, 08:35 AM
I found the first grey hairs at 17 and have been coloring my hair ever since. I also worked a year in a hair salon so I know all the wonderful things that can be done. I was blonde all summer, but now, for winter I got an all over red/brown color with a few blond hilights just to make it interesting. I love to experiment with colors, but my hair stylist (used to work with her at the salon 20 years ago) is somewhat reserved and tends to question my sanity when I make color requests. I love to change it up cause I get easily bored with my hair.

cloverfdx
09-22-2006, 09:45 AM
Amy i love your hair it is great. I was growing mine out so i could get it dreadlocked, but got sick of it and cut it all off again last weekend ;). Mine is natural at the moment, and is a light ash blonde. I am thinking of doing something to it again though... i would love to go black but it would ruin my hair and i would never get it all out, without growing it out.

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-22-2006, 09:52 AM
Natural medium brown! I used to have highlights when I was younger; but that is not necessary anymore, I am creating my own: all white hair appearing here and there... :p

ComedyDevil
09-22-2006, 10:00 AM
I was growing mine out so i could get it dreadlocked, but got sick of it and cut it all off again last weekend

Nooooo! :( You would look *so* cool with dreads, I love mine, I spend ages decorating them and I even named them :o Yes, I know that's sad.

But, if you wanted to dye your hair black, hair dye made with all natural products would come out of your hair without ruining it. :) I know, cos I used it a couple years back (my hair isn't as light as yours, but still).

It's expensive, but worth it cause it's not packed full of chemicals and doesn't ruin your hair. Thats what I'm gonna use to colour my dreadies - they're going red, black and blonde. Yay! :D

Glacier
09-22-2006, 10:02 AM
I haven't seen my natural color since I was 16. I've been every shade under the sun. Spent a ton of money trying to get the color Cali was born with! Currently, it's a copper-auburn base color with a darker auburn underneath and a few blond highlights in the rest.

catlover4ever
09-22-2006, 10:18 AM
Right now it's natural but it has been all of the above at some point in my life. I have had everything from hair tipped blue to dyed one complete color to highlights. I do plan on highlighting again but probally will not do the blond that I love to have because it is just so difficult to keep up.

Cataholic
09-22-2006, 10:59 AM

KIM!!! I know you put 'have to' in italics..but, I just want to chime in, the more of us that don't colour our hair (like me), the more people won't feel compelled to do so (like my friend, Tina).

I used to highlight my hair. For years. But, I got so stinking sick of the 6 week visits, the time, the expense- blah. So, I haven't coloured or highlighted it for 3 years, I would guess. Do I have grey hair? YEP! I also have about 30 extra pounds, too. I don't try to hide them any more than my grey...LOL.

Hey, I wonder if I could put highlights on my body?

Miss Z
09-22-2006, 11:06 AM
Mine is natural, I've never really changed the style or the colour as I pretty much like as it is. :)

catnapper
09-22-2006, 11:14 AM
Well, sometimes people go grey young though. I got my first grey hair at 19. I don't have a whole lot, so I just pull them out but I know people who were mostly grey by 30!
That would be me! I am 50% grey and have been since I was 27. Which is exactly my point -- why color when you're 15 when in a few years you won't have the gorgeous color you have at 15???

catnapper
09-22-2006, 11:21 AM
KIM!!! I know you put 'have to' in italics..but, I just want to chime in, the more of us that don't colour our hair (like me), the more people won't feel compelled to do so (like my friend, Tina).

I used to highlight my hair. For years. But, I got so stinking sick of the 6 week visits, the time, the expense- blah. So, I haven't coloured or highlighted it for 3 years, I would guess. Do I have grey hair? YEP! I also have about 30 extra pounds, too. I don't try to hide them any more than my grey...LOL.

Hey, I wonder if I could put highlights on my body?
Dear Jo, I would LOVE to grow my hair out. In fact I'm thinking the next few times I dye it will be the semi-poermanet type so that in 4 or 5 months I'll be able to not dye it anymore since the roots will be mostly grown out. I have always LOVED salt and pepper hair. Thats what I have. I also love that mine is pure white instead of grey. My dark brown hgair is almost black so it would look sharp. I just don't "feel" old enough to go grey yet. I don't want people to guess my age as 10 years older than I am... on the other hand I hate when people's eyes bug out when I tell them that Cameron is my grandson :p

jazzcat
09-22-2006, 12:12 PM
I used to keep mine highlighted mostly blonde for years but this year I decided to dye it to match my natural color with a few golden highlights. I only color it about once every 3-4 months so it's not a big deal. When I go next month I want try a really dark color and see how I look.

luvofallhorses
09-22-2006, 12:33 PM
brunette with blonde highlights. (the highlights aren't natural..and I am thinking of highlighting my hair blonde again since the highlights are coming out.. it looked so good last time..) my natural hair color is brunette with pretty red highlights. :)

Jessika
09-22-2006, 12:42 PM
au naturale here. Sometimes I think my hair color is a little dull, it would be nice if it were a little lighter or darker, but I'm happy with it :D I've only ever dyed my hair twice in my life :D

Freckles
09-22-2006, 12:56 PM
I'm in the majority. I will NEVER change my natural color. I started getting the natural highlights, shown in my profile, about five years ago. :)

cyber-sibes
09-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Actually mine is colored to match my natural color. Got to keep those sneaky grays from getting the upper hand!

Husky15
09-22-2006, 02:02 PM
My mom, sister, and I love coloring our hair. Well my mom has to now :p. My first dye was red highlights, and ever since then I've been dyeing. It's been red, black, raven, purpleish. I don't know my EXACT natural hair color anymore but I do know it was like a darkish brown. Right now it's gradually going back to it's natural color but a few months ago my sister put in blonde highlights so those are still in a little.

anna_66
09-22-2006, 02:21 PM
I've colored my hair ever since I was about 16. For the longest time I had black hair...loved it. Then I decided to go blond...kinda messed up my hair so I cut it all off and went natural. When it wasn't so damaged any more I went back to dying...all kinds of colors:)

If you look at pictures of me throughout my life I never look the same and I like it like that.

I've been coloring close to my natural color for quite a few years and just this month decided I wanted to be a red head...I LOVE IT!
I think I'll always color my hair, just can't stand the grey;)

sirrahbed
09-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Mine has both highlights and lowlights. My hair is so fine that the color gives it much better texture. It looks natural and the base color (light brown) is my own :)

Donnaj4962
09-22-2006, 03:31 PM
When I went through my divorce 5 years ago, I decided I needed a change, so I changed my mousy brown hair to blonde! And that is what I still am! And I LOVE it! I am fortunate my hair has natural highlights, so it isn't an obvious blonde! In fact, most folks believe that this IS my natural color, and are surprised that I color it!

Zippy
09-22-2006, 03:58 PM
My natural and want to color it again sometime.I have colored it 5 times in the past 4 times diff.shades of red and one jet black

lizbud
09-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Having suddenly become deathly allergic to hair dye about 5+ years ago, I'm "au naturel", gray front and top, dark bottom and underneath. I get a lot of compliments. I really like it. Vanity went out the door when I almost had to have my head shaved!

I don't know if I'm allergic to dye or not, I've never tried it. Mine is salt &
pepper also. :)

dogzr#1
09-22-2006, 04:30 PM
My hair is natural. I don't really want to dye me hair either. It is naturally dark black and that's how I want it to stay. I never do anything to me hair either. Never straightened it either. I just wash and cut it really...

Actually, I find it annoying for girls my age who dye and straighten their hair. I kind of understand the straightning part, but I still don't really agree with it. But to dye your hair when you are 13, bleh, I just don't like it.

moosmom
09-22-2006, 04:40 PM
My hair is naturally colored by L'Oreal cuz I'm worth it! :p

Pam
09-22-2006, 05:06 PM
I am a natural brunette but haven't seen my natural color in decades. Right now I am a light brown but was blonde for many years and also had frostings for many years. My mother-in-law was a hairdresser (decided to go to Beauty School at the age of 50 bless her heart!) and did most of my frostings and all of my haircuts. Even in my teens I played around with hair color and my mom didn't object at all because she was an Avon Lady and enjoyed fooling around with make-up herself. I say we only go around once, so why not be as many different people as we can be while we can? LOL!

Rie Rie
09-22-2006, 05:15 PM
I started coloring my hair when I started beauty school back in 85. We used to use that fancifull stuff that washed out,so you could have a different color everyday. I used to be all blonde, then quit with that and went natural with a few highlights. Last year I decided to try red, more of a redish brown with gold/blonde highlights and I loved it, but red fades too fast and it was costing me a fortune to keep it up. So I decided to just let it fade out and went and bought color and started doing it myself, starting with low lights to help blend the faded red. I'm going this weekend to get stuff to put some more hightlights, they've grown out and I don't like all one color in my hair. So if someone was to ask me what color my hair is right now, well, it's a combination of several colors.