PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Stones - I'm back

slleipnir
09-21-2006, 04:32 PM
I'm going to the Rolling Stones concert this weekend :) My mom won free tickets. So me and my friend are driving over on saturday to see them.

I have to admit, I don't know too many songs by them (except Painted Black...which I love) but I'm sure I'll have a good time anyway. I hear their concerts are pretty good :)

Pointless post, sorry.

=-----

Post on page 2

Zippy
09-21-2006, 04:47 PM
I bet you will have a great time. :D
Don't forget to post about how much fun it was :)

RedHedd
09-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Not pointless. I've seen them three times. Their Bigger Bang concert (which you're going to see) is one of their best - saw it last year and they're coming back to do it again next month. I'm not going (too expen$ive), but I hear Van Morrison is opening for them. Have a BLAST and say Hi to Mick and the boys for me ;)

MajesticCollies
09-21-2006, 05:55 PM
************Jealousy************ wow your so lucky

cali
09-21-2006, 06:28 PM
have fun! the Rolling stones are doing 2 shows in my city, their is a huge frenzi over it because NOBODY big comes to Regina, if anyone big does anything at all in my Sask. its always Saskatoon(nevermind that Regina is the Queen city lol) so having the Rolling stones comeing to Regina for 2 is causing this huge frenzy, as it will bring us much need exposure!

Ginger's Mom
09-21-2006, 06:30 PM
Aaaaaa, the Rolling Stones. :D I am so jealous. I have also seen them in concert three times, but the last time was at least 15 years ago. You are going to have such a good time. And Van Morrison is opening for them? Should be a good show. Yay, I am very excited for you.

Argranade
09-21-2006, 06:38 PM
Cool have fun and try to get some pictures if you can! :)

slleipnir
09-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Actually I think Alice Cooper, Sloan, and Kanye West are opening.

Kfamr
09-21-2006, 08:18 PM
Hehhehe, Kanye West opening for the Rolling Stones?!?! lol

Take a lot of pictures, luck duck!

slleipnir
09-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Hehhehe, Kanye West opening for the Rolling Stones?!?! lol

Take a lot of pictures, luck duck!

Appearintly. I know I've heard of all 3 of those groups/people, but I can't remember what they sing o__O so I don't know if I like them or not... :o

My friend is driving, and we got a hotel room for the night so we're not driving home in the dark. I think we'd be to tired to drive the 3-4 hour drive after the concert anyway

Chilli
09-21-2006, 08:31 PM
I'm jealous. =D
Oh so very jealous!
I hope you have a wonderful time! Do take pictures for us.. please^^?

Dorothy39
09-21-2006, 08:41 PM
You are so darned lucky!!!!!!!!! :cool:

One of these days...................., I too will see them live!!! :rolleyes:

Have a great time!!!!!!

slleipnir
09-21-2006, 08:47 PM
I don't know if I will take my camera...my good camera is too expensive to risk taking, and my other one wouldn't take good pics unless I'm close enough. I'll try though

Kfamr
09-21-2006, 08:52 PM
Kanya West is a "rapper." ;x

I've taken my S2 to "hardcore" punk shows and it ended up fine. They might not even allow cameras at the concert, who knows. They are weird about it sometimes.

slleipnir
09-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Really? Doesn't he play something like Golddigger? It's appearintly on the radio here which isn't a "rap" station...I have no idea though. That's what the paper says. I'll have to wait and see who it is :D

Jadapit
09-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Omg, I love Alice Cooper!! He was my favorite in high school. I'm so jealous. I have lived in this little town most my life no rockers, rappers for me. :( You are going to have a blast.

slleipnir
09-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Omg, I love Alice Cooper!! He was my favorite in high school. I'm so jealous. I have lived in this little town most my life no rockers, rappers for me. :( You are going to have a blast.

Me too, actually. The Barenaked Ladies were here a month ago that I went to see...I thought THAT was a big deal :rolleyes: I'm actually driving to another city...because no way would they come here...

slleipnir
09-21-2006, 10:00 PM
"KANYE WEST JOINS THE ROLLING STONES

AS SPECIAL GUEST ON "A BIGGER BANG" WORLD TOUR

CONFIRMED FOR SHOW IN HALIFAX

WITH ADDITIONAL GUEST ARTISTS:

ALICE COOPER

& SLOAN"

Found this online...so I guess that's who is playing :)

cloverfdx
09-21-2006, 10:28 PM
Ohh lucky you... have fun :D. One of my favourite songs is a RS song (Angie). Drive carefully and have a good time.

wolf_Q
09-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Have fun! I bet that will be a good concert.

Kanye West opened for U2 as well. He was ok...it's not really my style of music.

I have tickets to see Barenaked Ladies in November. :D

K9karen
09-21-2006, 11:35 PM
Hey Girl..consider yourself lucky..tickets here were next to impossible to get..sold out in minutes. They added an extra show-same thing. I still have my original ticket stub from around 1964 when the group was original (and alive). I sing "Brown eyed girl" by Van Morrison to Mz Logan all the time. Wear earplugs..I get deaf and hoarse for 2 days after a rock concert. Say "HI" to Jonny Depp...errrrr. I mean Keith Richard for me. I love weird, he boggles my mind (his already is :D :D ))

binka_nugget
09-21-2006, 11:43 PM
*IS JEALOUS!!* You get to see The Stones and Alice Cooper?!?! NO FAIR!! They're coming to Vancouver pretty soon but there's no way I can afford tickets! ACK!

Have fun Audrey!! :D

The Cat Factory
09-22-2006, 03:28 AM
I LOVE The Stones, and Alice Cooper! Have fun at the concert! :)

slleipnir
09-22-2006, 08:54 AM
Have fun! I bet that will be a good concert.

Kanye West opened for U2 as well. He was ok...it's not really my style of music.

I have tickets to see Barenaked Ladies in November. :D

I thought the Barenaked Ladies were awesome. Probably my favorite concert I've seen so far haha :X

slleipnir
09-22-2006, 08:57 AM
*IS JEALOUS!!* You get to see The Stones and Alice Cooper?!?! NO FAIR!! They're coming to Vancouver pretty soon but there's no way I can afford tickets! ACK!

Have fun Audrey!! :D

I don't even know how much they are...my mom filled out a form or something for a radio station and they put on the radio "Call in 10 mins, and you win 2 free tickets" and she did :D I told her she should have won with the OTHER station...they give you free airplane ride over, then a limo to the concert, and airplane back the same night :rolleyes:

lv4dogs
09-22-2006, 09:25 AM
Oh you're so lucky! I bet you'll have a great time & a lot of fun.

I LOVE the stones, but have never been able to afford any tickets. lol

Love That Collie
09-22-2006, 07:35 PM
That's really great! Glad you will get to see a good show.
Or at least I hope they still put on a good show. :)
I saw them about 27 years ago when they weren't so old and that's when
I was about 20 years old. Put on one heck of a concert and you will
recognize many more songs than just Painted Black, they had so many more
popular ones. They have been around for going on 5 decades and still going
strong. Gee, I hope Mick doesn't hop around on stage too hard and injure
himself. heheheheheh :D

slleipnir
09-24-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm back :) It was a great concert :) I only heard a couple of Sloan's songs, but they're pretty cool. Then Alice Cooper came on. I was thinking "I'm not going to like this" But I really did. He's kinda scary looking, haha, but it was fun. Kanye west was next....and I really don't know his style of music.

Then the stones came out...whoo!! They started off with Painted Black...I was happy :) Near the end, they had this platform on the stage they all got on, and it moved to the middle of the crowd. That was pretty awesome. And there was fireworks at the end whoo!

Overall I had a blast...despite the fact it was POURING rain the ENTIRE time! Ack!! I had a rain thing, but my feet were soaking wet and very cold....It was worth it though hehe.

I didn't take my camera because it said "no cameras" but with the rain, I don't think I would have used it anyway.

dukedogsmom
09-24-2006, 07:02 PM
You are sooooooo lucky! I love Alice Cooper and like the Stones. Also like Kanye West. Never heard of Sloan, though. I can't believe you got to go to that. You lucky dog, you. Did you take lots of pics, I hope?

Oops. Didn't see that last sentence. I went to see Jerry Seinfeld one time. I was about 10 feet away from him and didn't take my camera because it said no cameras. This was before my digital one. Some idiot next to me was just snapping away. I was so pissed.

Jadapit
09-24-2006, 07:23 PM
I'm glad you had so much fun. :D My husband saw Alice Cooper back in the 70's. He said it was the best concert he has ever seen. Does he still wear all the eye make up? I still have all my Alice Cooper albums. Do you know what those are? :p

slleipnir
09-24-2006, 08:22 PM
Val: Other people had camera here, too! I REALLY wished I brought one, oh well.

Yeah he still wears the eye make up...although it was raining so hard that it started to wear off hahah

RedHedd
09-24-2006, 10:59 PM
The first time I saw the Stones it was pouring rain - didn't matter; I had fun. Lucky you! Getting to see/hear Kanye West, Alice Cooper AND the Stones!

I saw Little Richard today at the San Francisco Blues Fest - Had a blast too!