PDA

View Full Version : Since I'm hearing impaired - I am doing the National Anthem at the OHIO STATE GAMES!

CountryWolf07
09-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Since I'm hearing impaired, I thought I'd like to share this exciting news with you guys! :) I am going to sign the National Anthem with a couple of hearing impaired/deaf/ASL students. And, yes I am very, very excited to sign the National Anthem - I am doing 3 games! Penn State, Bowling Green, and Indiana. First game is THIS SATURDAY against Penn State! I am quite nervous, though to stand on the field in front of what, 105,000 people, depends on the attendance of the crowd, but still.. It's gonna be AMAZING and something I will never forget in my life as I get older. :) I will have to share pictures, for sure. I thought you guys might like this happy news from me. This is why I picked OSU - it's made me a happier person, and I am currently pretty proud of where I am at right now.

Karen
09-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Congratulations - thats a huge honor! Big proud hugs to you!

MajesticCollies
09-21-2006, 01:01 PM
Rachel you have no Idea how proud you make me feel to live in the Buckeye State and know someone that takes pride in what they do. I really hope they show it on TV. I'll be watching and cheering you on!!!!!

GO BUCKS BEAT PENN ST!!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-21-2006, 01:15 PM
WOW!!! That is really really cool!! CONGRATULATIONS!! :cool:

Blue_Frog
09-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Thats really exciting! What a cool experience to have :D

Husky_mom
09-21-2006, 04:12 PM
Realy cool!!!!........great experience....I would be soooo nervous, but donīt let me pass it on to you.........youīll do great.........I wish i could see it, but we donīt get those event on TV :rolleyes:

dukedogsmom
09-21-2006, 04:25 PM
Congrats girl! I'd be terrified to do that. I wish you good luck with successful performances.

Argranade
09-21-2006, 04:26 PM
WOW YOUR SO LUCKY!!!!!

WOW WOW WOW This sure will be on your favourite memory list!! ;) :D

Pembroke_Corgi
09-21-2006, 08:52 PM
That sounds awesome!!! Good luck!! :D

Lady's Human
09-21-2006, 08:54 PM
Congrats!
:D
I'd say break a leg, but somehow that always struck me as odd....

Cinder & Smoke
09-21-2006, 10:00 PM
:) I am going to sign the National Anthem with a couple of hearing impaired/deaf/ASL students.

And, yes I am very, very excited to sign the National Anthem :)

I will have to share pictures, for sure.

NEAT-O, Rach!! --- GOOD for You!!

Now, Sign Pretty! ;)

And be SURE to have friends take pictures - 'cause, Alas, It doesn't look
like the game is going to be televised on any of the broadcast Networks.
:( :mad:

What are you going to wear? ... CowGirl Hat?? ;)

Have a GREAT day - we Know you'll do Just FINE!!

wolf_Q
09-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Congrats Rach! What a neat opportunity! I know you will do great! :)

RobiLee
09-21-2006, 10:53 PM
That's so cool, Rachel! I'll make sure that I'm watching when they do the national anthem and I'll be looking for you ;) .

cyber-sibes
09-21-2006, 11:04 PM
YOU GO GIRL! :cool:
That 's so cool, Rachel! Enjoy your experience, that's quite an honor!

K9karen
09-21-2006, 11:20 PM
Rachel you have no Idea how proud you make me feel to live in the Buckeye State and know someone that takes pride in what they do. I really hope they show it on TV. I'll be watching and cheering you on!!!!!

GO BUCKS BEAT PENN ST!!!!

GAWD, Tim..I may just take back the "L" word I bestowed on you! I'm a PA girl, born and bred and altho I'm not a football fan, my loyalty is the PENN STATE! Is this gonna ruin our "relationship"? :p

Rach..BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU! BIG HUGS OF HAPPINESS !!!

Rachel
09-22-2006, 06:49 AM
Wow, that is an honor! My nephew attends Ohio State (going for an advanced degree) and my neighbor must have as well, because each time there is a game, he flies the school flag outside his home. Please do make sure you get some pictures. We would love to see commemoration of this occasion.

anna_66
09-22-2006, 07:29 AM
What an honor Rachel, I understand why your so excited:D

Have fun and don't be too nervous!

Logan
09-22-2006, 07:47 AM
Congratulations, Rachel!!!! :) I think this is a tremendous honor and I know you will do a terrific job!!!! :D

pitc9
09-22-2006, 07:52 AM
Rachel, that is such a HUGE honor!!
Congrats!!
And
GO BUCKS!!!

kimlovescats
09-22-2006, 09:15 AM
Congratulations! What an honor! :)

lv4dogs
09-22-2006, 09:24 AM
Wow Rachel, what an honor. You have every right to be so excited about this big event. :)