PDA

View Full Version : What are your opinions on this?

caseysmom
09-21-2006, 12:11 PM
http://www.kcra.com/news/9901978/detail.html

I don't really know what to think about this. Part of me says this is justified and she is not showing remorse, part of me says she is 83 and this was 60 years ago.

I don't feel really strongly either way, just curious what everyone else thinks.

Karen
09-21-2006, 01:09 PM
In my opinion, being deported is probably punishment enough, given her age.

emily_the_spoiled
09-21-2006, 02:15 PM
I guess part of me wants to ask, why is "okay" to punish males who served at the behest of the Nazi party, but when it comes to women we are a little more empathetic. There were tens of thousands of women who died there. She should be thankful that she was just deported to Germany and not tried as a war criminal.

sparks19
09-21-2006, 04:55 PM
I guess part of me wants to ask, why is "okay" to punish males who served at the behest of the Nazi party, but when it comes to women we are a little more empathetic. There were tens of thousands of women who died there. She should be thankful that she was just deported to Germany and not tried as a war criminal.

I agree. it sucks that she is so old but if someone killed someone you loved and they didn't find them until 40 years later would you not want justice to be served? I know I would. she did the crime now she must do the time.

mugsy
09-21-2006, 05:43 PM
I say good riddance and I hope she's satisfied with what she did. She obviously has no real remorse. What comes around goes around....

What shocked me was the article on the side of that about the murderer in Tacoma who laughed at his vicitms' families and told them to "get over it" ACK! What a sick SOB...

BC_MoM
09-21-2006, 07:10 PM

I agree 101%.

Miss Z
09-22-2006, 05:49 PM
In my opinion, being deported is probably punishment enough, given her age.

I agree with that. What she did was wrong, but at that time we were at serious war and plenty of inhuman deeds were going on at that time, not that that makes it justified, but there were plenty of people like her at that time. And at 83 and no third world war coming up just yet, I doubt she'll be repeating her crime again.

caseysmom
09-22-2006, 06:25 PM
I guess I am way too liberal because I thought deporting her was a bit rough, I thought she should be able to live out her last years here and be buried next to her husband. I don't like how she didn't show remorse though.

Jessika
09-22-2006, 06:47 PM
EXACTLY. I don't see how age or gender should play any role in this. I agree with this 110%!!

Karen
09-22-2006, 07:40 PM
Basically, by being deported, she is now forced to be away from everyone and everything she has grown to love - so it is as good as jail, in my humble opinion. If she is indeed unrepentant, my hope would be that the Germans would confine her - their country is where she committed her crime. And her non-repentance is something we cannot judge just from news reports - anyone can be quoted out of context.

I am not excusing her because of her gender or her ignorance.

sparks19
09-23-2006, 01:52 PM
You do the crime you do the time.

it's unfortunate it took them this long to get her. she should have been in jail a long time ago.

but I agree it should be up to Germany to decide her sentence.

krazykitties
10-03-2006, 12:10 AM
whatever her age she should be charged as a war criminal. those people in those camps didn't get any sympathy or easy treatment.

Corinna
10-03-2006, 09:20 AM
The part i can't get past is marring a jewish man . Didn't she see the disrespect of that. Poor gentlemans family they must really be a in a tizzy.
I'm glad to see even the younger crouwd here hasn't bought in to the new revisionism they are trying to get taught in some schools. History will repeat it's self if we forget things like this.

Lady's Human
10-03-2006, 09:35 AM
My only suggestion for additional punishment would be to assign her as a caretaker at Bergen-Belsen. (Former concentration camp, now museum). Beyond that, further punishment seems fairly futile and pointless. The real question should be why did it take 60 years for this to be discovered?