PDA

View Full Version : Do you worry a lot?

slleipnir
09-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Ever get really worried about something before you even know something is wrong? I do it all the time...I can get so worked up over something really stupid. Like, I had a dentist appointment today. I was positive I have cavities, plus extra teeth coming it :o Turns out I had neither...but I was worrying myself sick over it. I've been trying to tell myself not to worry until I know what the problem is...but it's hard. Do you have this problem to? How do you overcome it?

kuhio98
09-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Well, I used to be a worrier. I hate to say it, but it's true, with age comes wisdom. Sometime in my 30's I realized that I worried obsessively about things that never happened. And the disasters that did happen were out of the blue. Never saw them coming. About that time, I stopped being a worrier. I decided it was a waste of time because the things I worried about never happened and I had to conserve my energy for the things that did happen.

Karen
09-21-2006, 11:17 AM
Some people around me are worriers - Paul's mom is the champion of all worriers, and he is her son! I cannot offer any advice, according to him I don't even know the meaning of the word.

But I can say that I have never seen worrying do anyone much good. It is a waste of energy that could be put toward other, more positive uses.

Pembroke_Corgi
09-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Yes I get anxious sometimes. I don't worry about everything, but I do worry about things that are stressing me out that I don't have a lot of control over, like money. I'm the kind of person who has to fix everything that's bothering me RIGHT AWAY or I feel stressed out. If it's something that I can't fix I do tend to get stressed out.

I try to relax by taking deep breaths and petting the dogs, although sometimes I don't handle it well. Occasionally I indulge in retail therapy (not the best method when you are already stressed about money) or work out, or just go walking. Sometimes it's not possible to do those things so I just listen to a relaxing song on my ipod.

jazzcat
09-21-2006, 11:50 AM
I used to be horrible about it but now I'm a little better. I can really stress myself out over little things I have no control.

I'm also a pessimist which doesn't help I guess but I look at it as if I expect the worse and it doesn't happen then I'm pleasantly surprised, right?! :p It drives my family crazy but apparently I come by it naturally because my Dad's sister were/are that way. My mother used to call me Estelle Jr. because that was one of Dad's sister who saw the end of the world in everything thing that happened. It was a sad way to live and luckily I'm not that bad.

CountryWolf07
09-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Yes! I am quite the worrier! I am pretty bad about it - my mom calls me "Wanda the Worrier"..

dukedogsmom
09-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Sometimes I worry. Right now, really worried about Duke.

Zippy
09-21-2006, 12:13 PM
Yes I am.I worry and I worry and I worry about everthing.

Cataholic
09-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Well, I used to be a worrier. I hate to say it, but it's true, with age comes wisdom. Sometime in my 30's I realized that I worried obsessively about things that never happened. And the disasters that did happen were out of the blue. Never saw them coming. About that time, I stopped being a worrier. I decided it was a waste of time because the things I worried about never happened and I had to conserve my energy for the things that did happen.

How very true. I do think it is a conscious decision one must make, and a realization that you cannot control everything. I think most people worry because they feel a powerless sensation over a situation. At least by worrying about it, they can 'own' it.

What sometimes goes unnoticed is the power you DO have over a situation, by action. Not by worrying, but, by action. And, many people are afraid to take the responsibility of action.
I cannot even begin to count the people I know with the dreaded "what if" disease. It makes me very tired just listening to them.

Just my .02.

Catty1
09-21-2006, 01:26 PM
Oh no...I hope I'M not a worrier.... :eek:

:D

Muddy4paws
09-21-2006, 01:32 PM
I worry so much especially at work when trying a new style on a dog I always convince myself I'll do a snip wrong and mess up the whole haircut! :o The thing is that the dog picks up on you feeling worried and makes it all worse for you to keep the dog still to scissor in the first place :p Im getting better but still need to improve alot!

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-21-2006, 03:09 PM
I hate to say it, but it's true, with age comes wisdom.

That is soooo true!! Me too, I have "learned" not to worry to much.
Remember: "Every cloud has a silver lining!"

Dorothy39
09-21-2006, 03:29 PM
My Mother often called me a "Worry Wart"~~~~ as well as a "Crepe
Hanger" :eek:

She certainly had me pegged correctly!!! But, with age, comes Wisdom, and I have learned, that 90% of the things we actually worry ( and stew about), never really happen!!! :eek:

It all boils down to "Self Confidence"~~~~ Which, as we all know, requires trial and error, and the sense to know that nothing is perfect.

Just remember "The Serenity Prayer"~~~~ ;)

And, "Life is Short"~~"This is not a dress rehearsel" ;)

Pet Talk helps!!!!!!! :D

Vette
09-21-2006, 04:29 PM
I got the same worry problem as you do Slleipnir...
its like a instinct or something and we cant help it :o

RedHedd
09-21-2006, 05:30 PM
Nah - life is too short to worry. Worrying is like praying for something bad to happen; I just don't do it anymore.

Husky15
09-21-2006, 06:27 PM
I am sorta in the middle. I worry too much, but I don't. Lots of times I often get myself worked up about nothing that serious and I worry all night about it - and I'm only fifteen! But sometimes my mom tells me I don't worry enough because in some situations that need to be worried about, I don't. I get it from my mom. My mom is a Worry Wart. My dad, on the other hand, hardly worries. I am jealous of my sister because she inherited that.

G535
09-21-2006, 07:43 PM
Life is far too short to waste any of it by worrying about some things that may never happen. :)

Lady's Human
09-21-2006, 07:53 PM
I sometimes worry about things, but then I give myself an attitude check.

Is anyone shooting at me?

If the answer is no, then why worry?

Argranade
09-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Only when I need to. :p

.sarah
09-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Not really. I have a very positive outlook on life and know that things will work out just fine in the end.

finn's mom
09-21-2006, 08:18 PM
Not so much anymore. I have discovered that something like 75% of what I worried about never came to fruition. So, all I was doing was adding problems to my life that didn't actually exist. Pish posh to that, I said a few years back. ;) So, I worry still, because it's human nature to an extent. But, nothing like I used to. I'm a much happier person because of it!

Chilli
09-21-2006, 08:29 PM
I hardly ever worry. =)
I live life by the second, I never really think ahead all that much at all.

sammy101
09-21-2006, 08:37 PM
I worry about alot of stuff, mostly school. :o

Felicia's Mom
09-21-2006, 09:36 PM
I used to worry a lot. Now I try not to worry, because it can make me sick. Even now, if I start to worry, I think: Que Sera Sera; Whatever will be will be. :)

K9karen
09-21-2006, 11:47 PM
Hmmm.. whenever I think I have it beat, something comes up to stress me out..right now it's my wrist and subsequent medical and legal stuff. And surviiving on disability, just as I was ready to take the plunge (after awesome back surgery) and go back to work. I look at it this way.. if I didn't constantly worry..I'd be a disgrace to my ethnic/religious background!!! :D :D :D :D :D

lv4dogs
09-22-2006, 09:35 AM
I am a worrier but I don't really get too worked up over things until I know something is wrong.
My mother on the other hand, I'd have to say she is the worlds biggest worrier. lol