PDA

View Full Version : Your Dog's Best Trick

Husky15
09-21-2006, 09:57 AM
Tell us your dog's best trick. :D

Belle can say "hello". One night Dad had treats and was getting Belle to do tricks and then, just fooling around, he said, "Say Hewwo." and Belle made a high-pitched sound with two syllables, so we were all like :eek: so Dad just continued it and now she can say it. She'll do it for all of us, but she does it best for Dad.

critter crazy
09-21-2006, 10:19 AM
Hmmmm...sleeping!!!!:rolleyes: he is a bloodhound after all!!:D

cloverfdx
09-21-2006, 10:20 AM
"Are you a Wolf?" aka howling on command ;).

luvofallhorses
09-21-2006, 10:35 AM
when I say Jenny gimme a kiss she gives me a kiss. :D um I don't think any other of my dogs have any tricks besides sleeping. :p

pitc9
09-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Both of my pups give High 5's.

BC_MoM
09-21-2006, 12:13 PM
All of Mickey's are the best. :D

Molly's best is "Take A Nap".

k9krazee
09-21-2006, 12:37 PM
I can't pick just one :o

Jack's BEST trick would probably have to be getting a beer out of the fridge for my dad. It's the reason Jack was allowed to continue living there when I left ;) But in addition to that he can turn on lights, get you a kleenex when you 'Achoo', cross his legs on command, crawl (forwards and backwards), play basketball, Boing! (his favorite and usually other people's favorite), nod his head yes when you ask him if he bites, pull your socks off your feet (Sock Video (http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=139044&cdate=20060712&ctime=111626)), get drinks out of the cooler (video (http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=139044&cdate=20060712&ctime=111626)) ...etc..

Video: Assortment of tricks (http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=64468&cdate=20060629&ctime=122855)

Heres a video of him getting in the fridge for my dad...he had JUST learned it the night of the video..he has improved dramatically and does it reliably now ;) Don't mind the messy garage :o
http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=139044&cdate=20060713&ctime=091352

Micki's best trick is shaking his head no when you ask him if he's a good dog. His favorite trick however is spin and bow.

Kyra's best trick is probably hide your eyes, but her favorite is rolling over.

Mini doesn't do too much, but her best/favorite trick would be praying.

Shadow's favorite trick ever is head down, mainly because it takes little effort.

k9krazee
09-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Tell us your dog's best trick. :D

Belle can say "hello". One night Dad had treats and was getting Belle to do tricks and then, just fooling around, he said, "Say Hewwo." and Belle made a high-pitched sound with two syllables, so we were all like :eek: so Dad just continued it and now she can say it. She'll do it for all of us, but she does it best for Dad.

That's like my dad and Jack! My dad 'taught' Jack to say "I love you", he just howls, lol, but he only does it for my dad.

Husky15
09-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Hmmmm...sleeping!!!! :rolleyes: he is a bloodhound after all!!

Haha! That's cute. I don't know much about Bloodhounds but I hear they like to sleep.

"Are you a Wolf?" aka howling on command ;).

That's really cool! I never heard of a dog that howled on command.

when I say Jenny gimme a kiss she gives me a kiss. :D um I don't think any other of my dogs have any tricks besides sleeping. :p

lol aww. Belle actually does the exact same thing, it's really cute.

Both of my pups give High 5's.

I love it when dogs give high fives. The puppy I had before Belle - Max, who was a Husky/Malamute mix would give me a high five. I never bothered to teach Belle though, it would be hard to even teach her shake, she just hates having her paws touched lol.

For some reason I couldn't reply to all in one post so I'll continue on the next...

Husky15
09-21-2006, 01:30 PM
All of Mickey's are the best. :D

Molly's best is "Take A Nap".

Haha, yes Belle is rather good at taking naps too.

I can't pick just one :o

Jack's BEST trick would probably have to be getting a beer out of the fridge for my dad. It's the reason Jack was allowed to continue living there when I left ;) But in addition to that he can turn on lights, get you a kleenex when you 'Achoo', cross his legs on command, crawl (forwards and backwards), play basketball, Boing! (his favorite and usually other people's favorite), nod his head yes when you ask him if he bites, pull your socks off your feet...etc..

Heres a video of him getting in the fridge for my dad...he had JUST learned it the night of the video..he has improved dramatically and does it reliably now ;) Don't mind the messy garage :o
http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?us...13&ctime=091352

Micki's best trick is shaking his head no when you ask him if he's a good dog. His favorite trick however is spin and bow.

Kyra's best trick is probably hide your eyes, but her favorite is rolling over.

Mini doesn't do too much, but her best/favorite trick would be praying.

Shadow's favorite trick ever is head down, mainly because it takes little effort.

Wow. That is REALLY cool. You taught Jack a lot and he's very smart. I watched the video and that's super cool that he can get the beer. Your dad sure would like that on those lazy days :p. I know my grandfather would :p. That's also really cute your dad taught him "I love you", dad tries to get her to say "Mama" but she usually sticks to hello lol.

slleipnir
09-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Zeke's is to pick things up on command. I can point to something across the room and he will go pick it up for me :) If he gets the wrong thing, I say no, and he goes and gets something else.

Josie's......I guess sit pretty or speak.

Blue_Frog
09-21-2006, 01:47 PM
k9krazee Wrote:
Jack's BEST trick would probably have to be getting a beer out of the fridge for my dad. It's the reason Jack was allowed to continue living there when I left

OMG!! Best.dog.evah!! Now if only you could teach him to make a Martini ;)

Maggies best trick has to be NOT widdling the floor anymore (out of excitement) anytime theres company. Otherwise, if you tell her to get her 'stuffy' (whatever stuffed animal she currently hasn't loved to pieces), she'll go find it, wherever she hid it inside or out, and bring it to you and place the drooly toy lovingly on your knees :rolleyes: .

Husky_mom
09-21-2006, 01:54 PM
I certainly not a trick I call it, but.........my dogs HOWL on command.....well, sort of...... ;) .........if i honk a car, they´ll howl :rolleyes: LOL......

they sit, shake, high five, down........well basic........really basic......... i can get one to spin......and.........i guess thats it......LOL.......love to hear everyones tricks, you SHOULD post a video of them doing them and maybe some how to´s, i think it would be awesome........

I personally would DIE to see Jack and Mickey´s yes and no´s........I bet they are the cutest.......

sumbirdy
09-21-2006, 02:03 PM
Nitis-dancing
Tiny-be a bear
Jaws-smiling
Uno says "hurry up now" Kind of sounds like huwwy uh wow but i know what he means. He can also say "come on" "momma" and "over here" He usually just talks when he's impatient because he's waiting for dinner though. :rolleyes:
Sugars barks everytime i say "is that so?"
The rest of them just sleep or howl.

k9krazee
09-21-2006, 02:47 PM
I personally would DIE to see Jack and Mickey´s yes and no´s........I bet they are the cutest.......

Here's Micki - its not very good but you get the idea..He does it under the command 'are you a good dog?' or 'do you bite'.
http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=166226&cdate=20060621&ctime=155550

And Jack's 'yes' is in the beginning of this video: He does it under 'do you bite?' or 'are you ready'
http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=64468&cdate=20060523&ctime=193431

Husky_mom
09-21-2006, 03:04 PM
awwww..........soooo cuuuuteee.........*drops dead*...........

just kidding, only the cute part is true..LOL........thay are so adorable, i´ll try get mine do that........sure it´s fun.........ask a dog do you bite? and he says yes.LMAO........i´ll have to do that

lisahumphreys882
09-22-2006, 07:54 PM
"Are you a good boy?" and he barks.

lv4dogs
09-25-2006, 08:57 AM
I think Kaige's best trick is his "bow", bow as in kneal down not a ribbon. lol

Raustyk's is her roll over.

Nanook used to have the best sit pretty, but now that his health is declining, his joints no longer allow such tricks. He can only, or at least all I make him do anymore is shake (with either paw) and speak. Any other tricks might cause him harm.

pitc9
09-25-2006, 01:12 PM
nod his head yes when you ask him if he bites

Ok.... I am LMAO!!!
That is the BEST!!
I watched the videos and WOW he's good! I'm sure it has everything to do with how good his teacher is! :p

k9krazee
09-25-2006, 08:01 PM
Ok.... I am LMAO!!!
That is the BEST!!
I watched the videos and WOW he's good! I'm sure it has everything to do with how good his teacher is! :p

Hehe thanks, I'm glad you liked it! I was originally trying to teach him to 'snap' in the air when you ask him, but he started throwing his head back instead...and I just went with it. It seems a lot of tricks just happen like that :o

Suki Wingy
09-25-2006, 09:41 PM
Looks like PT has so really talented dogs! About all I could teach Niño to do, he already knows. He is very good at "circus dog" (sit up or pretty to some) and standing on his hind legs pretty much verticle in the air. He loves to jump big jumps too. I think his trick that shows his smarts and comprehention the best is when I say "look" he looks at me and then in the direction I'm pointing to see. It started when I'd see squirrels before him, even though he'd caught the scent. (his eyes seem a bit fuzzy) that shows he can connect two and two!

ramanth
09-26-2006, 08:29 AM
Those are some amazing tricks!! :D

I'd say Kia's best is balancing a treat on her nose.

Overall she knows the basics. Sit, Speak, Shake, Other Paw, Roll Over and Sit Pretty.

Suki Wingy
09-26-2006, 03:07 PM
How do you get her to pick up the other paw? Niño will barley let me touch the other paw.