PDA

View Full Version : Please Send Prayers & Positive Thoughts For Ziggy's Spay -Updated!!!

krazyaboutkatz
09-20-2006, 09:33 PM
I everyone.:) I just wanted you to know that my baby Ziggy Stardust is going to be spayed this Friday. She can't have food or water after 10pm on Thursday evening and I have to drop her off between 6:30am-8am on Friday and pick her up from 3-5pm on Friday. She's having this done at my local Humane Society so I hope that everything will go well. They use dissolving sutures internally and then glue her on the outside so she doesn't have to go back to have any stitches removed.

Has anyone ever had this type of spay done to their cat? If so what should I expect? I'm sure she'll still be groggy when I bring her home. I'm setting up a cage for her so she can rest and hopefully stay as quiet as possible without any of her siblings trying to play rough with her. I need lots of prayers and positive thoughts being sent her way. I'll be working on Friday but I know that I won't be able to stop thinking about her. Thanks in advance.:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/NewCatPictures-9-9-06065-Ziggy.jpg

rg_girlca
09-20-2006, 09:49 PM
Dear Ziggy Stardust, it's that time that we meowmie's dread. Even though we know it is such a routine surgery for the vets, we still can't help but worry when it is one of our own.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that all goes well for you on Friday.

((((((HUGS)))))) for your nervous meowmie.

KAK I've never heard of them using clue on animals to close the incision. I know they use it on humans as my son had it done to his chin.

I'll be curious to see how this works on Ziggy.

Felicia's Mom
09-20-2006, 09:54 PM
Sending Positive thoughts to Ziggy. She will be in my prayers. :)

jazzcat
09-20-2006, 10:34 PM
Good luck Ziggy, I'll be praying for you and thinking about you!

Rumor had regular stitches with her spay so I don't know how it is with animals but I had two incisions glued this past winter and they did great. Much easier and better than stitches.

AbbyMom
09-20-2006, 10:35 PM
Prayers and good thoughts on their way for Ziggy!

kt_luvs_kitties
09-20-2006, 11:23 PM
Awww Prayers for Ziggy Stardust. I am sure she will be fine, but us purrents always get so worried about our babies!

The vet I worked for used dissolving stitches, and I love them. Just dont let her chew and lick TOO much. My M.E had dissolving stitches(they will also use glue to seal it shut), and all was well, and no repeat visit which was even better for her. Let us know how it goes! *HUGS* for you and Ziggy

CultureJunky
09-21-2006, 05:48 AM
We are sending thoughts and good wishes to Ziggy and hope a speedy recovery will come your way. Don't worry Ziggy you'll be running around playing with your sibings and having a great time pretty soon.
Kisses...Kate, Jack & Sunny :)

rosethecopycat
09-21-2006, 06:56 AM
Has anyone ever had this type of spay done to their cat? I
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/NewCatPictures-9-9-06065-Ziggy.jpg

I did it three times this season with girlies! Don't be surprised if she hits the ground running and acts like nothing has happened.
If she is groggy, no big deal there either. Both are quite normal reactions.
If they are alert, I give them a spoonful of food at 7pm, night of the spay and a small meal at midnight, even though it says no food till next day. Some are just so hungry!

Best of Luck Ziggy!

K & L
09-21-2006, 08:14 AM
That's the only kind we ever have done! They use these on the ferals since you can't bring them back in for removal. Pearl had this same type. Everything will be just fine! We would've had her done already for you, but you know the vet suggested waiting since she was so small. Good luck little, beautiful Ziggy..we'll be thinking of you! Please keep me updated Tracey!

gini
09-21-2006, 09:11 AM
Tracey, I know how we all worry - but I bet you will be surprised - she will be just fine and wondering why she has to stay in the cage.

I will think good thoughts and say a prayer for Ziggy. She sure is cute!

kuhio98
09-21-2006, 09:17 AM
Fingers and paws crossed. I'm sure everything will turn out fine for your beautiful girl.

catmandu
09-21-2006, 09:45 AM
Karina Angel will be there for Ziggy Stardust at her spay to make sure things go well.
We are sure that Ziggy will be fine, and home before you know it.

krazyaboutkatz
09-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Thanks everyone.:) I'm sure that everything will go well but I'm still going to be worrying about her.;)

RedHedd
09-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Of course you'll worry! That's what meowmie's do! Dear little Ziggy Stardust with the amazing eyes will be in our prayers.

kimlovescats
09-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Prayers for your little Ziggy! I'm sure she will do just fine! That type of suture is very normal! I KNOW it's hard, but try not to worry!

Hugs,
Kim

Anikaca77
09-21-2006, 03:09 PM
My prays are with you Ziggy.

Melissa

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-21-2006, 03:13 PM
I'm sure that everything will go well but I'm still going to be worrying about her.;)

That is very normal for a good catmom like you :)
Good luck Ziggy!!

Donnaj4962
09-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Many prayers coming to you both from Indiana. I hope that all goes well with your Ziggy Stardust. She is so adorable that I am sure all the vet techs will continually look in on her after her surgery! They will want to see the beauty!

I am sure that you will be worried while she is in surgery. Keep us posted. I will be looking for updates all day tomorrow!

(((hugs))) to both of you!

zoey
09-21-2006, 09:38 PM
I hope it goes well with little Ziggy, tomorrow. It's so hard to leave them for surgery b/c it's always a risk, :eek: but honestly, i've never heard of a kitty having any ill effects from being spayed from qualified veterinarian. You're doing the right thing. *hugs* Awww gotta love a bi eyed cat.
Prayers to you both. :D :D

Logan
09-22-2006, 07:41 AM
Goodluck today, Ziggy!!! :) I know you are going to be just fine. Try not to worry too much, Tracey (easy for me to say, huh?). We'll say a prayer that everything will be ok!

Logan

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-22-2006, 09:18 AM
No news yet, KAK ??

krazyaboutkatz
09-22-2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks again everyone.:) I dropped her off around 6:45am and had to fill out some paper work. A man in the front office went over everything with me and weighed Ziggy. She's still very small and only weighs 3.90lbs but has grown and gained weight since I've had her. The man fell in love with her and I know she'll be in good hands. I asked about an e-collar and he said that they usually don't need them but I told him that I'd like one just to be safe so they'll measure her for one. I'm leaving work at 4pm to go pick her up and I'll update you when I get home.

Her cage has been set up since Wed. night and everyone's been very interested in it. Starr ran from it at first because he remembers being in it after his surgery. Then he decided that the top of it made a great place to hang out.:) I put Ziggy in there last night at 10pm so she couldn't get to the water dishes and she didn't really like it but was a good girl. I think that Starr has been searching for her this morning and seems a little bit stressed. He loves his baby sister and he keeps looking in the cage but she's not there. I told him that she'll be home late this afternoon but he won't be able to play with her for a while. I sure hope that everything goes smoothly and the next 10 days goes by quickly.

K & L
09-22-2006, 02:06 PM
I've been thinking of her and wondering how all is going. Will watch for the update.

sirrahbed
09-22-2006, 02:39 PM
It is 12:30pm in California now so I imagine the surgery is all done. I will also be looking for an update to hear that Ziggy is home.

About the stitches - this is just how mine were done and I undertood that this was now very common. It was great to NOT have to return to have stitches removed. No ecollars here but it can't hurt right? I did not observe any licking from my girls.

Wake up happy and playful Ziggy!! :D

It would be good to act a little pitiful anyway - get lots of sympathy from meowmie ;)

AmberLee
09-22-2006, 02:54 PM
Sending {{{hugs}}} and ~~~ vibes ~~~.

Do keep us posted, dear.

kimlovescats
09-22-2006, 02:54 PM
Waiting for a good update, Tracey! ;)

Don Juan's mom
09-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Tracey took Ziggy to the same Humane Society where Don Juan was rendered incapable of BEING a Don Juan :rolleyes: before I took him home. They spay/neuter all of their animals prior to adoption, so little Ziggy is in experienced hands. :)

Liz

jazzcat
09-22-2006, 06:42 PM
Just looking for an update.

K & L
09-22-2006, 08:00 PM
Any news yet Tracey? :confused:

kuhio98
09-22-2006, 08:07 PM
Ziggy girl? Your adoring fans are waiting for you to wake up and show us your beautiful eyes. I sure hope you're feeling well.

krazyaboutkatz
09-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Hi, I'm sorry I didn't post sooner but I had to feed myself as well as my hungry furkids.:o Ziggy is now home and doing very well.:) The lady said that while all of the other kittens were bouncing off the walls, Ziggy was very calm. I think that everyone fell in love with her and she also commented on her gorgeous eyes.:) She cried a little bit on the way home and was very alert.

I was able to feed her right away so I did and she woofed most of it down and also used her litterbox. I decided to use yesterdays news for the litter to prevent any kind of infection. I put her e-collar on her and she managed to get it off after a few minutes so I had to tie it on tighter. She's resting comfortably for the moment but I'm sure she'll want to play tomorrow. Starr is so happy to have his little sister home and has been sitting outside of her cage.:) Storm started hissing from the vet smell but he always reacts like this.:rolleyes: I'm just so happy to have my baby Ziggy back home. It was way too quiet this morning without her. Thanks again for all of the prayers and positive thoughts.:)

RedHedd
09-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Aww! I'm glad things went well. Happy heailng, pretty little lady!

jazzcat
09-22-2006, 08:49 PM
I'm so glad it went well and she's already home with her family. How sweet of Starr. What a good boy he is!

kimlovescats
09-22-2006, 08:51 PM
YAY! That's great news, Tracey!!! Give little Ziggy some gentle kisses for me please! :D

K & L
09-22-2006, 10:13 PM
Good news Tracey! We still have to take her brother Chowder in to be neutered. We've held off a bit since he keeps having running eye problems. I think he's about ready now though.