PDA

View Full Version : I got a new job!!!!!!

Pembroke_Corgi
09-20-2006, 07:56 PM
I just wanted to share the good news! I actually got it on Monday, but Eric's parents are in town so I haven't been on in a bit.

I'm going to be a piano teacher!!! I'm pretty excited. I took piano for a long time but I haven't played seriously in a while, but it shouldn't be a big problem because most of my students will be beginner to late intermediate. Not only does it pay better than I have EVER made, my boss is super nice & has her dog at her studio, and will work around my class schedule, but I got to quit my crummy job!! WOO HOO!! :D

Dorothy39
09-20-2006, 08:16 PM
That is wonderful news!!!!!! :eek:

I love piano music, and I love dogs, soooo, yes, I'd say that you have MY dream job!!!( wish I could take lessons from you!!! ;) )

luvofallhorses
09-20-2006, 08:23 PM
Congrats and have fun! :D

MajesticCollies
09-20-2006, 08:58 PM
Congrats, Its great to get a job in something you love!!!

Almita
09-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Wow that is great news! I love the piano i myself play it! That's great that you are going to help kids beginners and late intermediate! Are you also going to do adults who want to learn or people that are somewhat in the advanced level or did your boss put you to the beginning and late intermidate people?

Congratulations!

Giselle
09-20-2006, 09:02 PM
That's fantastic! I play the piano as well. What method will you be teaching? I play Suzuki and I enjoy a good discussion on music/theory/fundamentals every now and then :)

Uabassoon
09-20-2006, 11:31 PM
That's great! I'm so excited for you and it sounds like such a wonderful job. Too bad you don't live closer to me, or I'd have you help me out :) I took two years of piano in college (a requirement for my major of music performance) and now I really wish I would have kept it up.

BC_MoM
09-20-2006, 11:55 PM
That sounds like a really cool job! :) How long have you played piano for?

Ginger's Mom
09-21-2006, 05:01 AM
Congratulations! It is always great to get a job doing what you enjoy, and to be paid more than the crappy job, and have a four-legged friend around...well, it sounds like a great job! :)

Pawsitive Thinking
09-21-2006, 05:29 AM
Great news! Sounds like you are going to love it!

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-21-2006, 06:24 AM
wow!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

That sounds like a really cool job! And a four legged furry in the mix too!! :D

Pembroke_Corgi
09-21-2006, 11:23 AM
Thanks everyone! :D

Are you also going to do adults who want to learn or people that are somewhat in the advanced level or did your boss put you to the beginning and late intermidate people?
I think right now I officially have 16 or 17 students, and several of them are adults who are learning piano for the first time! If the students get too advanced, though, they get their lessons from the owner who was a concert pianist and has several degrees in music, so she's a far better player than I am! :p

That's fantastic! I play the piano as well. What method will you be teaching? I play Suzuki and I enjoy a good discussion on music/theory/fundamentals every now and then :)
I'm not sure what books we use yet (I start this afternoon :) ), I think there are a few to choose from depending on the student. It's the largest studio in Colorado entirely for the piano, and there is every age taking lessons so there are quite a few different ways to go.

How long have you played piano for?
I played for 12 years. :)

Sonia59
09-21-2006, 11:31 AM
Congratulations! That's a cool job! :)

ramanth
09-21-2006, 11:38 AM
Congratulations!! I've always wanted to learn how to play. :)

pitc9
09-21-2006, 12:19 PM
Congrats!! How FUN!!!

lizbud
09-21-2006, 12:36 PM
Wow, sounds fantastic. I'm so happy for you. :) I think to have a job
you love doing and being paid well to do it, is a real blessing in life.
Big congratulations to you. :D

lv4dogs
09-22-2006, 09:36 AM
Oh Jill that's great news. It sounds like such fun. I hope you enjoy it! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-22-2006, 09:41 AM
Sounds fantastic!!! Good luck :)

zoey
09-22-2006, 07:39 PM
that's fabulous! Pianos and keyboards are so fun!
I had a keyboard at my old house and miss it.
Anyway, you'll be great! Congrats! :D

moosmom
09-23-2006, 09:21 AM
Pembroke Corgi,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I always wanted to learn how to play the piano. But alas, my fingers are too short, as am I, plus I didn't have a piano to practice on. That is fantastic!!! I absolutely LOVE piano music and most of my CD's are piano. Jim Brickman, Yanni (older versions), George Winston, Windham Hill.