this is Doogie 8 days later.
Just goes to show what food water and a little vet care can do
please someone post this on PF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCzbtQ7unp8
http://www.dogsdeservebetter.org/doogie.html

Luvin Labs
09-20-2006, 03:43 PM
awesome, he looks a lot better!

I hope his old owners don't get him back!

lizbud
09-20-2006, 04:21 PM
I am so glad he was brought to a Vet and had his condition confirmed.
This was clearly abuse & neglect on a criminal level.Big thanks to all who
had a hand in this mission of mercy. Yea Doogie. :)

p.s. Now if they can get him neutered & adopted to someone who truly
loves him, it would be perfect. :)

dukedogsmom
09-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Bless Tammy and that sweet old dog's heart. He reminds me so much of Duke, too. I'm so happy to see that everything is working out for good! What a difference in Doogie :D I'm so happy to see this.

sammy101
09-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Wow! He looks so much better! Bless Tammy Grimes for saving Doogie.
I was watching inside edition the other day and they were talking to Doogies owners. They said they were not neglecting him and theres no way they would neglect their dogs. They said their dogs are a part of the family... then why are they chained outside!?

Catty1
09-20-2006, 08:01 PM
Doogie has gotten regular good care and looks SOOO much better!

They said they were not neglecting him and theres no way they would neglect their dogs.

So just what would the owners make of the before and after of Doogie? :confused:

I hope this gets straightened up soon!

dukedogsmom
09-20-2006, 08:06 PM
The "owners" are scum and shouldn't be allowed to have any more animals at all, much less be breeding themselves. If I were Tammy, I would take Doogie far away to a good home. If he's returned to them, I will be fuming mad :mad:

Catty1
09-20-2006, 09:46 PM
The "owners" are scum and shouldn't be allowed to have any more animals at all, much less be breeding themselves.

Sorry to laugh...but you are RIGHT, dukedogsmom - they should NOT be breeding themselves, and I hope the owners were each spayed and neutered before they even thought about it!

Don't need to be breeding THAT attitude in people! :cool:

CathyBogart
09-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Here's what Inside Edition had to say today after they ran the story yesterday...

INSIDE EDITION received an overwhelming response after airing the story of Jake, the sickly dog taken from private property and placed in hiding by an animal rights activist. Now comes new video of Jake on the mend.

The video, which can be seen by clicking "watch video" on the left, shows Jake, up on all fours. The dog is a little wobbly, but looking a lot livelier than in the video taken 9 days earlier. The elderly German Shepard/Lab mix was taken by animal activist Tammy Grimes near Altoona, Pa., after a concerned neighbor called her saying the dog had been lying on the ground, chained and lifeless for 3 days.

Grimes shot video of the lethargic dog, before taking him to a vet. She then put Jake in hiding and refuses to tell owners Steve and Lori Arnold where he is, despite their claims their dog was not neglected and despite the fact she is now facing charges of trespassing and theft. Grimes sent INSIDE EDITION a new video of Jake from an undisclosed location.

Viewers are weighing in on the controversy with e-mails flooding INSIDE EDITION's inbox. The overwhelming majority of the writers support the actions of activist Tammy Grimes.

Tammy grimes will be in court Thursday for a hearing on the pending charges of trespassing and theft.

http://www.insideedition.com/ourstories/inside_stories/story.aspx?storyid=380

Fingers, toes, and paws crossed here that tomorrow's hearing goes well. Go Tammy!

Cataholic
09-21-2006, 08:53 AM
Yippee! Moving in the right direction. Here is lots and lots of prayers and well wishes that thing go right today in Court!

Lizzie
09-21-2006, 12:45 PM
I'm left wondering what the owners would consider is neglect. Never feeding their dogs? Tying them against a tree rather than on a chain from a tree? Walking over their dog's dead body for weeks? It would have to be something extreme for them to think this is not neglect, and I think most of PT would give it a much stronger term than that.