PDA

View Full Version : How far would you go for cheap gas?

catnapper
09-20-2006, 12:33 PM
I'm so excited that gas prices are starting to come down, and I notice the prices are vastly different based on which station you go to. Hubby bought gas at Wawa last night for $2.45 and told me I had to go to that Wawa.... I went and got gas for $2.51 at the station down the street. Hubby was like "You could have gotten gas cheaper at Wawa!" but would it have been? We're looking at a difference of 6 cents a gallon for my 14 gallon tank. The station I stopped at was on my way while running errands. The Wawa was a few miles out of the way. Wouldn't I have used up my 6 cent saving just getting to and from the Wawa?

So do you hunt out the cheapest station around just so you can get the best price on gas or do you just go to the closest place and get the gas so long as it wasn't absurdly high (there is one place that was agood 8 cents more than I paid)

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-20-2006, 12:42 PM
There are 4 gas stations on the street i live on ( i live right off the highway) so i usually just go to the one with the cheapest... i really don't have to go out of my way...

The other morning on the way to work though i got lucky.. i dropped Alden off at my sister's house and the gas station down the road from her was 2.34 and i wasn't gonna pay that much since the gas on my exit was 2.23... I got off on the exit before work and got gas for 2.16!! WOO HOO!!!

Freckles
09-20-2006, 12:43 PM
How many miles do you get on one gallon of gas?

jazzcat
09-20-2006, 01:06 PM
I have a SUV that doesn't get great mileage so I don't travel too far out of my way for cheap gas because it doesn't pay.

I'm lucky, we went to Sam's Club last night and they had it for $2.16 for members. Awesome!!!!

Vela
09-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Well nice to know my state is still screwing us over....hasn't dropped at all, still 2.89, which it has been for months.

pitc9
09-20-2006, 01:20 PM
I filled up for $2.11 this past weekend!
I didn't even have to go out of my way for it!!! :D
Right after I filled up I saw 2 stations selling gas for $2.09!! :eek:

critter crazy
09-20-2006, 01:35 PM
I go to Pennsylvania to get my Gas!! he he he he!! It is only about a 15 minute drive, but it always at least 15-20 cents cheaper! makes a huge difference when you drive a gas guzzling truck like I do!!:D

Argranade
09-20-2006, 02:00 PM
My dad is Ojibway (Aborigonal) so when we drive to the Native resurve he gets gas at the cheapest prices along with the other native's!

So every time we go there ***Filler up!***

Lucky us lol. :D

BC_MoM
09-20-2006, 02:08 PM
It's 92 cents here today!! :D:D

I wouldn't go out of my way for cheap gas. You're wasting just as much going to get it and then coming back.

ramanth
09-20-2006, 02:12 PM
I heard on the radio that it's $2.05 in Port Huron, MI. :eek:

Just a wee bit too far for me. Surprisingly gas tends to be a little cheaper on campus than in my hometown, so I'll swing through there on my way home from work to fill up.

At the most, I'd drive 20 miles for cheap gas.

Blue_Frog
09-20-2006, 02:13 PM
I usually wait to fill up until wed. nites at around 11:30 at night (after softball) since i can get gas around 79 cents a litre lately -- as opposed to 89-91 cents the next day. Since my tank is around 60 litres, i can save myself 5-7 dollars a fill.

I'm still waiting on all this corn-and-soy-derivative biodeisel that the kids are talking about these days to become mainstream -- then we can all start making our own gas!

Or even better, gas from cow flatuance *methane* -- http://www.ascribe.org/cgi-bin/behold.pl?ascribeid=20050920.090518&time=09%2028%20PDT&year=2005&public=1
although im not sure i'd want my car smelling like the back end of a cow every time i drove around :eek:

anna_66
09-20-2006, 02:44 PM
I don't think I'd really go out of my way for gas unless it was extremly cheaper than the stations right around me.
We're lucky, at Wal-Mart if you use your card you can get gas for $2.06 a gallon:D

lizbud
09-20-2006, 04:36 PM
I don't think I'd really go out of my way for gas unless it was extremly cheaper than the stations right around me.
We're lucky, at Wal-Mart if you use your card you can get gas for $2.06 a gallon:D

Don't have to drive far in any direction around here. It's about $2.10 most everywere. With your Kroger card, it's $2.00.

RedHedd
09-20-2006, 04:40 PM
I often find myself driving on "fumes" hoping, praying that traffic won't stop, as the little low on gas icon lights up ..... as I roll into the cheapie gas station. Believe it or not, I have a favorite one actually IN San Francisco that's cheaper than the suburb where I work.

BTW "cheap" in San Francisco these days is around $2.80 a gallon for self-serve unleaded.

Glacier
09-20-2006, 04:46 PM
There is one gas station on my way home. I never go anywhere else. 1.12 a litre this week, down from 1.23 a couple weeks ago! I rarely even look at the price anymore. The stations in town are the same price and out of my way. Regardless of the price, I need gas to get to work and back!

Jessika
09-20-2006, 04:47 PM
It depends. $0.10 SEEMS like a big difference, but when you calculate it out, let's say you have a 10gallon tank, you are only saving $1. So unless there is a HUGE difference of like $0.50 or you have a huge gas tank (like some SUVs) then it does not bother me a whole lot.

critter crazy
09-20-2006, 04:47 PM
here is New York it is averaging aroung $1.87 a gallon.:)