PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean?

Argranade
09-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Im trying to sign up for a bidding site but it keeps saying this im blocked from the server?

This is what it says about it...

''Please make sure your mail reading program doesn't have filters enabled which would block email from our server.''

What do I have to do??

Blue_Frog
09-20-2006, 09:04 AM
couple questions -- what auction site is it, and are you using an email address like Rogers or Sympatico, or using a web-based email address like Hotmail or Gmail? Sometimes when you sign up, they send you a confirm email that you need to click on and often the web based email programs flag these as spam and send them to the trash. It might also be that its an american site, and doesn't accept out of states signups?

I'm not sure about the blocked message you're getting tho -- i can try replicating the problem myself since im in Toronto too if you want :)

Argranade
09-20-2006, 09:44 AM
It was Eggbid.com...

Ahh its to complicated Im just gona look for some pigeon breeders in Toronto besides I dont even know how to ship pigeons..lol

Thanks anyway. :)

Karen
09-20-2006, 10:14 AM
Im trying to sign up for a bidding site but it keeps saying this im blocked from the server?

This is what it says about it...

''Please make sure your mail reading program doesn't have filters enabled which would block email from our server.''

What do I have to do??

It means you are supposed to receive and open an email from them to activate your account. If you didn't get one, check your "spam" folder, maybe it is in there.

RedHedd
09-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Make sure your firewall or security settings are set to allow you to access the site. I often have to turn off ads and pop-up blocking with my Norton Firewall so I can access certain sites. Also clear your cache and try again.