PDA

View Full Version : Crocodile tears?

RICHARD
09-20-2006, 03:19 AM
I caught the Steve Irwin 'memorial' on Animal Planet.

That was not a memorial.....

It was a celebration of a good man.

God Bless you all Down Under...

You know how to dio it right!

Alasse
09-20-2006, 04:18 AM
I watched it live...it was extremely well done

Bawled my eyes out...

cloverfdx
09-20-2006, 07:39 AM
Alasse i was bawling aswell, esecially when little Bindi came out and the camera went on to Terri and Bob *Tears*. Ack here i go again :(.

critter crazy
09-20-2006, 07:52 AM
It was very well done!!! Steve would be so Proud!!!

Dorothy39
09-20-2006, 07:54 AM
I was watching Memories of Steve Irwin and Intended on Watching the Memorial.

My cell phone rang~~~( first my sister, than my daughter)~~~~ and I didn't get to watch all of it.

What I did see, of Steve Irwin, (as a young boy) captivated me!!!!

His memorial was fitting , I am so very grateful that it was broadcast so wholesomely.

Vela
09-20-2006, 08:13 AM
I thought it was very touching, I really enjoyed how it was done and it was a fitting tribute. He will be missed.

Jadapit
09-20-2006, 08:59 AM
I watched it also. It was very well done. It was so touching when Bindi spoke. Such a sweet little girl. When they showed Steve talking about losing his mom, I really started crying. Steve will be missed.

K9soul
09-20-2006, 09:40 AM
I watched it, cried of course, and laughed in some parts (the footage of bloopers and happier times). It was beautiful, touching, both heartwarming and heartbreaking. God Bless you Steve.. You were one of a kind. "Crocodile tears" holds a whole new meaning for me now.

BC_MoM
09-20-2006, 10:33 AM
I can't believe I missed it!! :( :(

sparks19
09-20-2006, 11:08 AM
I missed it too.

but just reading about it is making me tear up.

cyber-sibes
09-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Drats, I missed it. :( Probably just as well, I think I'd have cried the whole time.
But I did watch alot of the all-day Animal Planet tribute. Crikey! I couldn't believe how big the ocean going "super crocks" were - yikes!!! :eek: He sure knew his stuff. God Bless Steve and his family, he lived an extraordinary life and truly made a difference in this world.

LeahMM
09-20-2006, 11:38 AM
very fitting celebration indeed. I cried uncontrollably through most of the program. You will be missed Steve.

elizabethann
09-20-2006, 11:49 AM
I saw some of it. I didn't realize it was live and thought it was a re-broadcast. It was nicely done. Good God...that guy had a ton of energy!!

:)

lvpets2002
09-20-2006, 11:52 AM
:) I too watched it on Animal Planet & got it all on tape.. I have been taping all of the other tributes they have been doing.. Yes I thought it was all so well done.. I think of it as Our Good Mate is watching & playing with all of our PT Beloved Rainbow Bridge Babies..

Jadapit
09-20-2006, 12:13 PM
I saw some of it. I didn't realize it was live and thought it was a re-broadcast. It was nicely done. Good God...that guy had a ton of energy!!

:)

Isn't that the truth! I would give anything to have half the energy he did. From what Steve and Terri said about Bindi, she is the same way. :)

ramanth
09-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Bindi is such a beautiful little girl and so very articulate! I see a lot of Terri in her. I have no doubts that she'll carry on the family tradition.

I teared up several times, especially when Wes broke down at the end of his speech about Steve.

What a wonderful memorial celebrating a great guy.

Argranade
09-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Darn I never got to see it but im sure it was truly a good dedication to him. :(

k9krazee
09-20-2006, 02:30 PM
I missed it :(

Russian Blue
09-20-2006, 03:10 PM
For everyone who missed it, I found it online:

Steve Irwin's Memorial (http://mp3.news.com.au/bcm/irwin-funeral.html)

Bindy is an amazing girl and she will certainly take after her parents.

RIP Steve - you inspire us all with your dedication and enthusiasm. The world will never be the same without your presence.

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-20-2006, 05:59 PM
I also watched it and thought it was very, very well done. I also got all teary throughout the entire thing, but especially when it came time for Bindi to talk.

carole
09-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Extremely sad, but such a wonderful tribute to Steve, Ozzie you did him proud, such a sad time for Oz right now with the death of Peter Brock as well, my heart goes out to all my Australian mates.

flamepony12
09-20-2006, 06:30 PM
When I watched Bindi's tribute I really DID cry crocodile tears..

Suki Wingy
09-20-2006, 09:39 PM
I didn't see it but I wish I had. I don't know if I could have watched the whole thing. I'm still in shock a bit. The whole thing hit a bit hard because my dad is a lot like that, minus some of the energy.

Anita Cholaine
09-21-2006, 09:42 AM
I watched it yesterday, and I don't know, it was like a dream. I couldn't believe that I was watching Steve Irwin's memorial, and I still can't believe he's dead :(

I thought it was extremely well done, what a nice way to say the final goodbye to him...

pitc9
09-21-2006, 12:34 PM
I missed it but the next morning the news showed a clip of Bindi talking and I LOST it!! OMG!! She is going to be the next Croc Hunter!
She seems like she is a smart little girl that loved her daddy like nothing else in the world and she knew what a special man he was. I think she will want to carry on his name for the sake of the conservation of all of the animals he was always helping.
Oh dear goD this world has lost a one of a kind....
{{tears}}

moosmom
09-23-2006, 02:29 PM
I missed it too :( I do hope they replay it.

cyber-sibes
09-23-2006, 03:13 PM
I missed it too :( I do hope they replay it.ditto. Hey, if anyone notices that they are going to replay it, could you post it on PT? I don't always check Animal planet, and we don't get a TV guide.

K9soul
09-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Those who keep saying they want to see it, did you see the link Russian Blue posted? You can see it there. You can watch parts or all of it. Here it is again..

http://mp3.news.com.au/bcm/irwin-funeral.html

columbine
09-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Kambara of the Heart
by Columbine

Family, friends, honored guests. I will sing to you of a wondrous warrior, Kambara of the Heart.

In the Change Time, there came a sickness over the warriors, a sickness of fear, not of anything real, but of no longer being able to protect the ones they loved. Having nothing to protect people from that could be seen, touched, or known drove the warriors into a frenzy of attacking whatever they might, so that they might still know that they were warriors and not something without a name. Their fear spread among the people, and their need to protect was turned into a need to destroy, even the Old Ones from whom they had learned their urge to protect.

Kambara saw this, and he too yearned to protect, but saw that the danger was the fear, not the Old Ones; that the Old Ones, and courage itself, were in danger. So he talked to the Clever Ones who could make his voice big, the Fast Ones who could make his body big, the New Ones who could help him build a bridge for the old courage to cross over into the new life.

Kambara then talked to the Old Ones, saying, "This is the Change Time, and you must live in the sacred places, not those defiled, in the beautiful places, not the ruins. I will take you there." The Old Ones were angry, because the whole world had once been a sacred place, and the ruins were not of their making. They fought Kambara and shed his blood, but he subdued them and took them away to the places that were still alive and good.

The Clever Ones took Kambara's warrior stories and gave them to people, even those who didn't speak as he did, and the stories became songs that flowed down the family branches. The Fast Ones showed Kambara's dance to the children, and they marveled at the Old Ones and how beautiful they were. The New Ones made a web of dawn light and hung on it the keys to nurturing the sacred, the whole, the real, and people everywhere took the keys with them everywhere, to the market, to their homes, and gave them to their little ones.

But the Old Ones were uneasy in the shrinking sacred places, and their amazement at Kambara's great heart drove them to wonder why he lived among the ruins, which were surely not of his making. His courage was so intense, they could not bear to see it contained in one man. "His great heart is not of only one," they sang. "His great heart is of all the world. " It made no sense to the Old Ones that this courage be in only one warrior. Umpara, who was shy and wished for more courage, volunteered to take Kambara's brave heart and put it back into the great dance.

The humans, who live one for one and sometimes forget the great dance, were grieved horribly. No more Kambara stories! No more Kambara dances! Who would hang the keys on the web?

But Kambara's heart was now a wild, deep drum in the great dance, and his courage found its way into stories that would never have taken that path before. Children quietly captured toads and spiders and put them outdoors, rather than fearing and hurting them, dancing to the wild, deep drum. And every time a story was told of true courage, rather than fear in a backward mask, a key was hung on the web. Every time a gun was put aside and a camera taken up, a key was hung on the web. Every time a child asked to see the Old Ones' dance rather than a dance of fear, a key was hung on the web. It was the Change Time, and nobody knows how the story goes from here, but we must remember that Kambara's heart is always with us.