PDA

View Full Version : Army Blanket *PIC*

coco-bean
09-19-2006, 09:41 PM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m76/coco_bean1/DigitalCameraPictures.jpg
I made this for Andy(my boyfriend) we were @ wal-mart today and he saw the fabric hanging on the back wall and asked me to make him a blanket, so i did! what do you think?

BC_MoM
09-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Wow!! That's amazing! I wish I was talented like that! Then I would make my doggies a bed! lol

Dorothy39
09-19-2006, 09:47 PM
That's a beauty!!!!!

And, Coco-bean, you certainly cut the edges and tied them together very accurately!!!!

He sure is one lucky boyfriend ;)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-19-2006, 09:48 PM
I've made three blankets like that so far. I LOOOVE them! They're soo warm and comfortable. :) The fabric is a wee bit expensive though, ;).

Almita
09-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Man you should make me one! I love army stuff especially orange camo! That's an awesome blanket you made for your boyfriend!

Argranade
09-19-2006, 09:49 PM
*Cries* sniff sniff...

Its beautiful.. :D

Love it I saluite you! one 2 3 4..

Suki Wingy
09-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Looks great! I've made a few of those. I scout for the ugly sale fabric that won't sell though and I gat it for $2 a yard. Niņo has 2 blankies and a bed made that way. :D

shais_mom
09-19-2006, 11:52 PM
that's awesome!
I have made probably a dozen or so of them.
BC_mom they are EASY to make!
no sewing just cut and tie!

LilacDragon
09-20-2006, 12:46 AM
I have a beautiful piece of fleece with a tank on it - my BIL drove a tank the first time he went to Iraq. I have been looking for a piece of desert cammy fleece to finish the blanket.

Vette
09-20-2006, 01:03 AM
Thats just awesome!!
i wish i could do something like that...

but id probably end up sueing my fingers instead.. :o

Lady's Human
09-20-2006, 01:23 AM
Where did you get the fabric for that?

RICHARD
09-20-2006, 02:14 AM
Honey,
Is that your "gun" or are you happy to see me? :D

Alasse
09-20-2006, 02:26 AM
Thats really great work...ya boyfriend will love it for sure

Vette
09-20-2006, 03:54 AM
Dang it Richard http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/Smiles/shakesfist.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/Smiles/crackup.gif

Rachel
09-20-2006, 06:32 AM
Where did you get the fabric for that?

Our Walmart store has a wide variety of the fleece fabrics. I received one of the blankets made by my Goddaughter and it is so warm and cozy. My husband and I both use it constantly. That is if we can get Hannah off of it.

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-20-2006, 07:34 AM
:cool: VERY NEAT!!!

shais_mom
09-20-2006, 10:10 AM
Rachel's right - Walmart has a huge variety of fleeces. And at good prices.
Joann's, Hobby Lobby, Michaels should also have them - anyplace that has material.

Thats just awesome!!
i wish i could do something like that...

but id probably end up sewing my fingers instead..
Well, there's no reason to SUE yourself if you hurt yourself! :p but as I stated above there is there is no sewing to it.
Just line up 2 pieces of fabric in any size you want - 1 yard makes a good baby blanket and I have made them up to 2 1/2 yards - match all sides up and with a good pair of sharp scissors (that's where you might hurt yourself - been there done that!) cut the 4 corners out in about 4" or 5" square. And then cut 1" strips out in whatever legnth you wish (to match the squares on the corners). Sometimes the smaller sizes you might need to cut smaller strips but bigger sizes I like longer fringe and its easier on my fingers.
:)
I have made at least 4 of these for Pettalkers, other friends, family, kitties. :)
I made my mom one out of a panel with Jesus in the Garden of Gestheme and she loves it and it is beautiful!

Blue_Frog
09-20-2006, 10:33 AM
What a neat blanket! And a great idea for putting 2 pieces together -- i'll have to try that! :)

i love polar fleece blankies -- especially brand-new-still-fluffy ones! I've made a bunch when the Fabricland up here has its 'buy one meter-get 3 free' sale, so you can get a ton for really cheap. Mine usually end up as one ply thickness with just blanketstitching around the sides.

I've made a couple of faux-suede quilts that have had polar fleece as the backings tho -- just gotta keep the cats away from them! Darn polar fleece is such a hair collector! :)

Did you know that Polar fleece is made of PET (plastic)? I guess thats why when its 'wet' its only really damp, and takes so little time to dry.

gini
09-20-2006, 10:35 AM
I am the proud owner of one of Staci's blankets. It is so soft and I just love it.

Oh, Oh, you all are going to want a picture aren't you?

shais_mom
09-20-2006, 11:36 AM
I am the proud owner of one of Staci's blankets. It is so soft and I just love it.

Oh, Oh, you all are going to want a picture aren't you?

YES! :)

;)
course I know what it looks like but I'd love to see a kitty on it! :)