PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question - sensitive ears?

JenBKR
09-19-2006, 03:27 PM
I just have a silly question...something I've always wondered. Every once in a while when you touch Roscoe's ears (on the tip) he yelps a little, as if they are sensitive. The insides of his ears are very clean and pink, so I don't think it's anything inside. He has been like this ever since we got him, and I just don't understand why they would be sensitive there. Any ideas on why they might be like that?

Jessika
09-19-2006, 04:51 PM
Maybe he just does not like his ears being touched??

beeniesmom
09-19-2006, 08:45 PM
I agree. Some dogs just don't like their ears to be messed with.
Frankie does something similar. I play hell trying to dry them after a bath.
He squeals like I'm killing him when I am hardly touching them. I even asked the vet and he says that they are fine... oh well.

Vette
09-19-2006, 08:49 PM
My dog is like this when im trimming his nails.
before i even apply presure to the nail clippers,, he screams like a little girl and scares the crap out of me everytime. :o

some dogs are just picky and like voice their opinion. ;)

JenBKR
09-20-2006, 07:53 AM
Yeah you are probably right, I just worry too much. The vet has said that his ears are healthy. It just seemed odd to me that it's ok to touch his ears one day but he cries the next. Thanks!

pitc9
09-20-2006, 01:04 PM
I don't know... maybe he knows what a sucker you are and sometimes he acts like it hurts to get extra kisses from you! :D ;)

JenBKR
09-20-2006, 01:41 PM
I don't know... maybe he knows what a sucker you are and sometimes he acts like it hurts to get extra kisses from you! :D ;)

haha me, a sucker? nah! :o

sanford8916
09-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Winchester had one bad ear infection when he was about one year old and ever since then he doesn't like his ears touched and is six now! Maybe your baby had an bad infection before you got him!

JenBKR
09-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Winchester had one bad ear infection when he was about one year old and ever since then he doesn't like his ears touched and is six now! Maybe your baby had an bad infection before you got him!

hmm, that's a definite possibility, thanks!