PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

pupper-lover
05-31-2002, 09:00 PM
I am new to the group and want to introduce myself.

I'm Jenny (aka pupper-lover). My fur-babies are Addie and Jake.

Addie is a 18 month old, lab-pit-sharpei mix. I rescued her last spring. She was 3.5 months old and only about 12 lbs (she is now 60lbs of pure muscle). She had been starved, neglected, and abused. Luckily, the humane society picked her up off the street and saved her life. She had worms and mange and was so skinny, I couldn't even pet her. The feeling of bones beneath her fur was disturbing and sickening (How could anyone do such a thing to a sweet innocent puppy?). She was so malnourished, people glared at me when I walked her down the street, thinking I was the culprit. When I first had her, she didn't even know how to/want to play. Despite her harsh introduction to this world. she was immediately loving towards me. After a month or two of feeding her by hand, Addie started to act like every puppy should. Her skiddish-ness has rapidly decreased in the year I have had her. Addie is now an extremely healthy energetic dog. Her shiny black coat shows off her solid muscles. She is now the dog who never gets worn out or sick of playing. My days are filled with many thankful Addie-kisses.
Jake is an enormous 13 month old Golden Retriever. He is the epitimy of a Golden. He drags me to meet every person he sees, has to be pet all of the time (or he gives me the paw), chews on everything (is outgrowing this), and will run and jump in the river no matter what the temp is outside. Jake is, hopefully, nearing his adult size. At almost 28" (to shoulder while standing) and almost 90 lbs, he is far larger than the 24" and 79 lbs, he's supposed to be. No matter what his size, Jake is a big loveable doofy energetic ball of blond fur. He is so outgoing and carefree. His no-worries attitude has helped Addie to find her bark (lucky me) and to be less stressed about the everyday uncertainties of life.

Well, I'm talking (writing) way too much. Gotta go. Great to be here!

Logan
05-31-2002, 09:19 PM
It is wonderful to welcome you to Pet Talk!!! Thank you for taking in Addie, and making her the strong, happy dog she is today! I can't wait to see a picture of her. Sharpei/lab mix....sounds very interesting and beautiful!!! :)

I have two Golden Retrievers, 3 year old girls, Honey and Lilly. Your Jake sounds like a HUGE hunk of love. My girls are big, but not quite that big! Lilly did get up to 97 pounds at one point, but is somewhere between 80 and 85 pounds now. Honey is a bit smaller, weighing in around 65 pounds.

We're so glad to have you, and can't wait to hear more about your precious Addie and Jake!! :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-31-2002, 10:02 PM
HI Jenny.... WELCOME TO PET TALK!!!
What a wonderful sweet story of how you rescued Addie!!! It just warms my heart, I just LOVE to hear stories like yours thanks for sharing!! :D :D

Your babies sound just wonderful can't wait to see pictures!! Please give them BIG HUGS AND KISSES for me!!!!!

anna_66
05-31-2002, 10:16 PM
Welcome! That was a very heartwarming story, I'm so glad she had someone like you to give her a forever home, she sounds wonderful! I can't wait to see pics of both of them! Anna

aly
06-01-2002, 12:15 AM
You could never talk too much about your babies! We love to hear all about them and see PICTURES!! You sound like a wonderful fur-mom and I think you are going to fit right in.

I have two rescue dogs also. I got them from the Humane Society where I work. And I have a spoiled little kitty. At the time, I also have 8 fosters.

I am looking forward to hearing more from you. You'll love it here at Pet Talk. It is very addicting!!

pupper-lover
06-01-2002, 02:15 PM
I love to post some pupper-pics, but I don't know how. I've read some other posts about how to post photos, but I'm a bit computer illiterate, and can't figure out what they're talking about.