PDA

View Full Version : PT Prayers -- job opportunity

catnapper
09-19-2006, 08:57 AM
I feel silly asking for prayers for a job opprtunity but its very important to us around here.

Hubby started yet another year at the same inner city school. For the 3rd year in a row, he's had a new principal and this one is only temporary until they can find a permanent principal. They also don't have any vice principals. Tells you a lot about the school disctrict! Sigh.... he's already realizing that he's not going to be able to handle another full year there. Already he's exhibiting incredible stress and his blood pressure shot WAY high (as of August his BP was slightly elevated but nothing to worry about, as of last week, he's a walking heart attack :( At least he's taking his BP pills this year!)

In last week's Sunday paper there was an ad for a Gifted teacher at a school district about half an hour away. They pay $10,000 a year more than he's currently getting paid, he won't have the inner city stress, and he'd have gifted students instead of students who refuse to work in class.

All resumes were to be submitted by yesterday. I got confirmation from the post office that his was received friday. We really need PT prayers that he at least gets an interview. Just an interview... its would be awesome if he got the job but right now I don't want to get my hopes up.... I'm just asking he be interviewed!

I keep tensing every time the phone rings hoping it would be the school calling to set up an interview. He needs this for his emotional and physical health. We need the additional income (and the better health insurance!)

Please, anyone who has a minute to send a prayer for him (us). I've seen how well they work in the past. I was afraid to start this thread for fear I'd jinx him but decided PT prayers are strong~!

Thanks guys ((((hugs))))

caseysmom
09-19-2006, 09:00 AM
Kim, I am sending good thoughts. I sure hope he gets it.

mugsy
09-19-2006, 09:02 AM
As a teacher in an urban school district, I will be happy to send prayers and positive energy for the job....

Let us know...

Queen of Poop
09-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Good thoughts and prayers that he not only gets interviewed but gets the job and can start right away before his health really becomes an issue. Good luck.

ramanth
09-19-2006, 10:28 AM
Lots of prayers for that phone call!! :D

Craftlady
09-19-2006, 10:34 AM
Will keep good thoughts.
This position new job position for the present school year?

If your hubby is under contract with inner city school this year he is bound to that contract for the remaining year (at least that's the way it is here in KY for teachers).

Catty1
09-19-2006, 11:17 AM
Good thoughts, prayers and everything you need! HUGS!!!!! :)

When do you find out????

catnapper
09-19-2006, 11:45 AM
Will keep good thoughts.
This position new job position for the present school year?

If your hubby is under contract with inner city school this year he is bound to that contract for the remaining year (at least that's the way it is here in KY for teachers).
This position is for this year, and he'd be able to start fairly soon. He has to give 60 days notice, which he could, and most of that will be vacation and personal days. He has about 30 personal/vacation days saved up so he could start at the new school by Halloween and call in sick every day at his current school until the 60 days is up. Teachers do this a lot around here.

mugsy
09-19-2006, 11:49 AM
If I got a job tomorrow, I could leave...the contract is basically only for pay, nothing binding.

catlover4ever
09-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Prayers and thoughts coming speedily from CT.

Donnaj4962
09-19-2006, 12:35 PM
Many positive thoughts and prayers coming your way from Indiana.

kuhio98
09-19-2006, 01:06 PM
All fingers, toes, paws and whiskers crossed!

Craftlady
09-19-2006, 01:15 PM
This position is for this year, and he'd be able to start fairly soon. He has to give 60 days notice, which he could, and most of that will be vacation and personal days. He has about 30 personal/vacation days saved up so he could start at the new school by Halloween and call in sick every day at his current school until the 60 days is up. Teachers do this a lot around here.

WOW, I'm surprised PA doesnt have stricter rules for teachers on contracts. Only ones here in KY that can leave whenever, is non-contractual (aides, janitors, bus drivers, cafeteria workers).

pitc9
09-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Best of luck to you!!

k9krazee
09-19-2006, 01:28 PM
Good luck! Sending out TONS of good, job getting ~vibes~

Karen
09-19-2006, 01:34 PM
Prayers on their way! Teaching gifted kids is not without its challenges, but they are of a whole different nature!

Kirsten
09-19-2006, 01:40 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed. The best of luck to you and your family. You deserve it!

Kirsten

Russian Blue
09-19-2006, 02:28 PM
Kim, that sounds like a wonderful opportunity! We have 3 teachers in my family and I know how stressful/frustrating/rewarding these jobs are at times. But it's so important to find a good school and staff support.

Fingers crossed! :)

kimlovescats
09-19-2006, 08:32 PM
Asking for PRAYER could NEVER be a jinx!!!! ;) I just said one for Grant! Keep us posted!

Hugs,
Kim

flamepony12
09-19-2006, 08:38 PM
Prayers on the way!

Dorothy39
09-19-2006, 09:16 PM
I'm really sorry that your husband has been completely "stressed" out with his present teaching position.

I will keep both of you in my thoughts, hoping that he gets not only that needed interview, but a teaching job that offers more appreciative reward.

Another Prayer on the Way.

AbbyMom
09-19-2006, 09:20 PM
More prayers on the way. Pile them on!

For teaching in an inner city school, he has my admiration...but it's not a forever job usually.

Wishing your hubby the best.

rg_girlca
09-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way Kim. :)

jenluckenbach
09-20-2006, 05:18 AM
Many prayers for Grant. I PRAY he gets that interview!

Barbara
09-20-2006, 06:52 AM
Keeping fingers crossed :)

catnapper
09-20-2006, 07:55 AM
Still no word from the school district. Its now Wednesday and I had hoped we'd hear before now. How long do you think it would take them to sort through all the resumes they recieved and call a few candidates to come in for an interview? Am I too anxious? Would it take them a week to do that? They surely must have recieved a hundred or more resumes!

Dorothy39
09-20-2006, 08:05 AM
Perhaps " several" Resumes are being reviewed and set aside, your Husbands being one of them!!!!! :cool:

I certainly hope they call him soon~ !!!!

Still sending Positive Vibrations you way, Catnapper!!!!

Craftlady
09-20-2006, 10:15 AM
Still no word from the school district. Its now Wednesday and I had hoped we'd hear before now. How long do you think it would take them to sort through all the resumes they recieved and call a few candidates to come in for an interview? Am I too anxious? Would it take them a week to do that? They surely must have recieved a hundred or more resumes!

Unfortunately school systems can and do take their time. Most school systems dont start interview process until application close date to be fair to all. This is happening in middle of school year and not the summer, peoples schedules are more complex for interview scheduling (personal at the school).

(On a side note: Here in Kentucky, interviews are conducted through "site base committee", made up of staff from the school. Scheduling all these people is sometimes tricky.)

It's a given they are doing the "pre-screening" and setting aside potential candiates to call. My guess and from experince when hubby looked for teaching positions, I would say if you dont hear within 2 weeks, it probably isnt going to happen.

mina'smomma
09-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Prayers being sent.

Make sure he calls to check the status of his app too. Employers respect someone who shows a keen interest in the job.

Russian Blue
09-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Make sure he calls to check the status of his app too. Employers respect someone who shows a keen interest in the job.

That's what I was going to mention. I'm not sure how the school board recruitment works but if it's a popular position then it would take anywhere from 2 weeks to a month to go through the resumes and start setting up interviews with all people involved. It also depends on how fast they need to fill the position.

I always call HR after two weeks if I haven't heard anything from the employer.

Felicia's Mom
09-20-2006, 03:33 PM
Sending prayers and positive vibes your way!

jazzcat
09-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Prayers on the way.

Best of luck!

cyber-sibes
09-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Will keep your request in prayer, hope things work out for him :)

pnance
09-21-2006, 12:28 AM
Sending prayers your way....

krazyaboutkatz
09-21-2006, 12:37 AM
Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Good luck!!!:)