PDA

View Full Version : New foster coming soon!

binka_nugget
09-19-2006, 12:55 AM
Mum and I decided to start fostering for That'll Do Border Collie rescue to prep for the high energy mal pup coming in Spring. Here's the boy we're hopefully gonna meet this week. We still need to fill out the form and arrange a meetup time, but his current mum thinks our home will suit him nicely for his temporary home.

Here's Kuri. He's a 1.5 year old New Zealand Heading Dog/BC. I'm so excited to meet my first foster.. but it's gonna be hard letting go of this one. I've always dreamt of getting a red BC. Good thing the deposit for the pup is already in..otherwise I'd probably fail fostercare 101!

cloverfdx
09-19-2006, 06:21 AM
Ohhh Ashley he is gorgeous :D, what a stunner. Hopefully you will get to be his foster Mama, and take care of him till that special forever home comes along. And goodluck with not getting to attached.. just think of it this way when he finds his forever home then you will have room to save another dog ;). I have to keep reminding myself about that.

If not you can be welcomed to the FFC (Foster Failure Club ;) ).

ETA: We have a new foster coming this weekend aswell, a little 9 month old Mini Foxie named Charlie.

critter crazy
09-19-2006, 06:52 AM
Congrats, and good luck! you are doing a fabulous thing!

CatLuvrs
09-19-2006, 07:14 AM
Kuri is a cutie! :D

BC_MoM
09-19-2006, 08:28 AM
Beautiful. :D The owner of TDBCR is on the Border Collie Rescue boards I'm on. You should join us! If you want the link, just PM me. :)

He's such a beautiful dog. It's hard to tell from just a head shot, but all I see in that dog is Border Collie. :confused:

pitc9
09-19-2006, 09:13 AM
Ohhhh what a cutie!
Congrats!!!

CathyBogart
09-19-2006, 02:02 PM
He's so handsome! I wish DBF would let me foster...Good luck not getting too attached! ^_^

Sevaede
09-19-2006, 02:41 PM
Congrats, Ashley! :D

He is a beautiful boy! :D My dad would probably keel over if he saw that boy! He loves BCs! :D

Here's hopin' you don't fail fostering 101. ;) :p

Danegirl2208
09-19-2006, 05:47 PM
how exciting Ashley! He is just gorgeous! :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-19-2006, 06:22 PM
He's absolutely gorgeous! I'd be so, so tempted to take him if I lived closer and he was female...I want another dog of my own so badly and adore red borders.

binka_nugget
09-19-2006, 06:44 PM
Sheena (head of TDBCR) said that his mum wants to talk to her and ask her some questions tonight. If all goes as planned, he should be here around the weekend. :D

He's absolutely gorgeous! I'd be so, so tempted to take him if I lived closer and he was female...I want another dog of my own so badly and adore red borders.
Transport can always be arranged... ;) LOL

MajesticCollies
09-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Congrats on your rewarding decision to Foster. The hardest part for me after I rehabilitate them back to health (I always take the special need fosters) is letting them go. But you know that usually the Rescue has found a great loving home!!! Beautiful baby you have there.

GIVE ME THE HELPLESS, THE LOST, THE HOMELESS LITTLE ONES STRUGGLING TO LIVE; SEND THESE WEAK, ABANDONED LIVES TO ME, I OFFER HOPE, CARE, WARMTH AND MOST OF ALL LOVE,

Pledge of a Rescue Worker

Ginger's Mom
09-19-2006, 07:02 PM
Good for you Ashley, and lucky for Kuri. I am sure you will do a great job with him. And you are going to like helping to find the right forever home for him too (if he still needs one after next week ;) ).

kimlovescats
09-19-2006, 08:16 PM
What a beauty! Have fun fostering! ;)

Husky15
09-19-2006, 08:19 PM
Congratulations! That is awesome news! Kuri is absolutely stunning. I think I'd have a hard time letting him go, too :p. Good luck!

shais_mom
09-19-2006, 11:48 PM
oohhh congrats!
can't wait to hear all about him! :)

binka_nugget
09-24-2006, 10:43 PM
He's coming tomorrow :D I'm going to meet his mum at 5. They sound like wonderful people who just want the best for their dog.. his problems sound typical of bored herding dogs so here's hoping I can poop out a Border Collie as well as I can poop out a couple of Shelties.

BC_MoM
09-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Yay!! Can't wait to see pictures of the Shelties and him!

Have you joined the BCR yet?

binka_nugget
09-24-2006, 11:58 PM
Have you joined the BCR yet?

No.. :o I promise I will tomorrow :p

bckrazy
09-25-2006, 01:05 AM
What a handsome boyeee! =) That'll Do is an awesome rescue, I have met a few rescue coordinators for it. I'm happy that you will finally get to have a BC, even if only for a little while. Good for you & your Mom! He sounds so sweet... if only I was a little bit closer.

I can give you "pooping out" tips if needed! Trust me. I can!