PDA

View Full Version : Cocker Spaniel Puppy

dogfighter2111
09-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Hiya,

Well I have a deposit paid on a 2 week old English Cocker Spaniel (will be 3 weeks on Wednesday). We wanted a Blue Roan, and requested this from the start. We were invited to go out and see the litter last weekend which we did but from what I saw the puppies only had Black spots with a white coat. I was unsure what to think, but i am hoping that it will look more like this in 6 weeks:

http://ecspuppies.tripod.com/Paula38a.jpg

I have also been reading about some small problems that others have been having with their puppies e.g. Urinating when Excited etc., but from what I read I got the impression that they were American Cockers and as the breeding is different I am unsure what to look at.

We had a Cocker Spaniel but we sadly lost her at 13 years of age early this year. It broke our hearts, but we wanted to buy another and here we are :D We got her when she was 4, so we have no experiance with a puppy.

My questions are will it be likely that my puppy will turn out to be that same colour in 3 weeks time? Also what can I expect from the Puppy? and what should I look out for?

Thanks
Mike

wolfsoul
09-18-2006, 06:06 PM
I do not know alot about English cockers, but I can tell you that it's colour will change to roan. :) It starts out white with black spots and soon changes to blue roan.

Good luck with your puppy! And welcome to PT!

dogfighter2111
09-18-2006, 06:08 PM
I do not know alot about English cockers, but I can tell you that it's colour will change to roan. :) It starts out white with black spots and soon changes to blue roan.

Thank God!! :eek: I never said that... all dogs are cute :D

Good luck with your puppy! And welcome to PT!

Thanks, I hope she is happy with us. And thanks again, hopefully I will have somewhere to come for advice! ;)

Thanks
Mike

buttercup132
09-18-2006, 06:43 PM
Welcome to PT. I sure hope we are going to get pictures of this pup:D

I love cockers especially Blue Roan! Its the colour I want when I get one(Wich will be a long time but I WILL get one lol)

Why is your name dogfighter though:confused: I hope you dont fight dogs...

*LabLoverKEB*
09-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Why is your name dogfighter though:confused: I hope you dont fight dogs...[/b]
I was wondering the exact same thing... gosh I really hope not...

dogfighter2111
09-18-2006, 07:00 PM
Welcome to PT. I sure hope we are going to get pictures of this pup:D

Ohh yes. The puppy will be pretty well broadcasted! :D

I love cockers especially Blue Roan! Its the colour I want when I get one(Wich will be a long time but I WILL get one lol)

I wish you luck, i really hope you do get one. Cocker Spaniels are the best! and the other 100 + breeds :)

Why is your name dogfighter though:confused: I hope you dont fight dogs...

nah, the reason for the name is that I am heavily into Aviation and it is based on a Dogfight. A term used in WWI when the British Aircraft would engage in combat with the German Aircraft and Vice-Versa (Air-Air Comabt).

Thanks
Mike

caseysmom
09-18-2006, 08:46 PM
Welcome Mike.

Suki Wingy
09-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Welcome, my friend has a nice little roan eng. cocker. If you work with her you should be able to train her up nicley.

dogfighter2111
09-19-2006, 01:52 AM
Hi

Thanks for the welcomes. I can see i will like it here. :)

Welcome, my friend has a nice little roan eng. cocker. If you work with her you should be able to train her up nicley.

Work! Work! Work! :D Ohh yes, the puppy will be well trained.

You have no idea how many books I have been reading about Housetraining, Spaniels and Behaviour Training. I hope I know my stuff for when we get her :D

Thanks
Mike

Logan
09-19-2006, 02:00 PM
I can't wait to see her, Mike! I think Cocker Spaniel puppies are adorable! Of course, I think every puppy is adorable! LOL!!! :)

It's nice to have you here. Is this going to be your first dog? Or do you have others?

Tell us a little about yourself!!

Years ago, I adopted a 7 year old buff Cocker and she was the most precious thing. Now, we have 2 Golden Retriever girls, an English Bulldog puppy, a cat, 2 Cockatiels and a Betta fish.

Logan

dogfighter2111
09-19-2006, 02:05 PM
It's nice to have you here. Is this going to be your first dog? Or do you have others?

Tell us a little about yourself!!

Hey,

Well I did have a Cocker Spaniel up until earlier this year when she sadly died at the age of 13. She had a Tumor and was finding certain tasks hard and we thought it best to put her down so she wasn't in pain.

I have no other dogs, but one at a time is enough. This is the first time for a puppy, I am slightly scared but also very excited. Pictures Will Be Sent When I Get Her (28th October).

Thanks
Mike

CathyBogart
09-19-2006, 02:06 PM
Oooh, I can't wait for pictures! Welcome to PT! Do you have a name picked out for your pup?

dogfighter2111
09-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Oooh, I can't wait for pictures! Welcome to PT! Do you have a name picked out for your pup?

Yes, we decided on the name "Missy". I was going along the theme of a feminine name, out last dog was called "Lady". If you see the connection.

It is only my Mum and I that like the name. Out of all the guys I am the only one in the family that likes that name :confused:

Thanks
Mike

Karen
09-19-2006, 02:26 PM
That's okay - but you may chenge your mind when you get her if she doesn't "seem" like a Missy! :)

Looking forward to the pictures, you have time to hide all the shoes, and puppyproof the house!

dogfighter2111
09-19-2006, 03:22 PM
That's okay - but you may chenge your mind when you get her if she doesn't "seem" like a Missy! :)

Looking forward to the pictures, you have time to hide all the shoes, and puppyproof the house!

Yeh... I was also thinkinh "Misty" because of the Blueish colour but i may change my mind.

I will need to go around the house at puppy level to see what I can see...lol Maybe a few Wooden boards wouldn't go a miss to 'cage' her in.

Thanks
Mike