PDA

View Full Version : PT prayers and thoughts for Donna

davidpizzica
09-18-2006, 04:22 PM
I just talked to Donna (moosmom) on the phone this afternoon and she said that she checked herself into the hospital to have them regulate her medications. She went into a melt-down situation because of her not having a job and being worried about trying to find a place to live. She's doing a little better, but she still sounds very depressed. She is also sad to be away from Mooshoo and the rest of her furbabies. I ask everyone on PT to keep Donna in their thoughts and prayers. She is certainly in mine.

Queen of Poop
09-18-2006, 04:41 PM
Oh most certainly. In my thoughts and prayers for sure.

Karen
09-18-2006, 04:46 PM
Absolutely.

caseysmom
09-18-2006, 04:53 PM
Oh no I am so sorry, life can just be too darn much sometimes. I hope she has someone to feed her babies.

Cinder & Smoke
09-18-2006, 04:53 PM
(MoosMom) said that she checked herself into the hospital ...

I ask everyone on PT to keep Donna in their thoughts and prayers.

Prayers & Good Thoughts offered for DonnA!!

WHY don't you *EDIT* your original post and CHANGE the Title to a more descriptive one
like ...

Prayers requested for Moosmom.
:confused:

Bet it would catch more readers! ;)

Jadapit
09-18-2006, 04:57 PM
Bless her heart! :( She cant seem to get a break in life. I feel so bad for her. Is there anything we can do for her David? She will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Zippy
09-18-2006, 05:01 PM
I will keep Donna in my prayers.

flamepony12
09-18-2006, 05:05 PM
I'll keep Donna in my prayers.. (((HUGS))) to her :(

davidpizzica
09-18-2006, 05:26 PM
Oh no I am so sorry, life can just be too darn much sometimes. I hope she has someone to feed her babies.
From what I gathered she has one of her girlfriends come in and feed and look after them.

luvofallhorses
09-18-2006, 05:29 PM
poor Donna! :( She'll be in my thoughts and prayers. (((hugs))) to her. life just isn't fair sometimes.

catnapper
09-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Oh Donna, No wonder I haven't heard from you! I was starting to worry and now I am really worried!!! Prayers coming your way!!!

caseysmom
09-18-2006, 05:32 PM
From what I gathered she has one of her girlfriends come in and feed and look after them.

Oh thank goodness.

Alysser
09-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Poor Donna. She never gets a break. :( I feel so bad, David please keep us updated. She will definatley be in my prayers.

davidpizzica
09-18-2006, 05:46 PM
She said that she'll call me tomorrow night and I'll pass on any new information that I can get.

Catty1
09-18-2006, 07:03 PM
She was thinking she might be able to go to Wilson House. Did that not work out? :( She was so excited about that!

Poor girl. A lot of hospitals have social workers who might have lines on entry-level jobs, just to get some income happening.

Say hi to her for me - and hugs to her! I hope she is feeling better soon.

CatLuvrs
09-18-2006, 07:06 PM
O no! Prayers for Donna coming her way ~~~~~~

rg_girlca
09-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Prayers & Good Thoughts offered for DonnA!!

WHY don't you *EDIT* your original post and CHANGE the Title to a more descriptive one
like ...

Prayers requested for Moosmom.
:confused:

Bet it would catch more readers! ;)

Gee Phred, you forgot to post one of your special prayers....

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that things will improve for you Donna very, very soon.

Hang in there girl and keep the faith.

((((((HUGS))))))

jenluckenbach
09-18-2006, 08:02 PM
Thoughts and Prayers for you, Donna.

jazzcat
09-18-2006, 08:07 PM
You are in my prayers and thoughts Donna. Feel better soon.

ramanth
09-18-2006, 08:10 PM
Oh the poor darling. :( She definitely does not deserve this stress.

I'll be thinking of her.

Daisy and Delilah
09-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you, Donna. Thanks for the news, David. Please keep us updated on new developments.

Dorothy39
09-18-2006, 08:39 PM
I will keep Donna in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm feeling so sad for all the aggravation and stress that she bravely endures. I hope she feels much better when you hear from her again.

AbbyMom
09-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Warm thoughts and prayers for Donna.

carole
09-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Donna if you get to read this thread i just want you to know I am thinking of you and hoping you will feel better soon, my gosh girl you have had so much stress lately, no wonder you are not up to scratch, you have done the right thing getting yourself somewhere where you can get looked after and get well again soon, looking forward to seeing you back on PT, in the meantime, rest up ,take your meds, and try to cheer up, we all love you ok. :)

gini
09-18-2006, 10:43 PM
Donna, it is so good to hear that you are taking care of YOU! You will get through this - and we are all here to say prayers for you.

krazyaboutkatz
09-19-2006, 01:45 AM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care Donna and I hope you feel better soon.

Barbara
09-19-2006, 02:53 AM
Sending my best thoughts to Donna :)

cyber-sibes
09-19-2006, 08:30 AM
She was thinking she might be able to go to Wilson House. Did that not work out? :( She was so excited about that!No, unfortunately it didn't. She posted about it on the original thread.

I'm so sorry she's going through this, she'll be in my prayers & thoughts. I am however glad that she went for help. God bless you, Donna.

JenBKR
09-19-2006, 08:44 AM
Oh no Donna ((((hugs)))) and prayers coming your way. Just take care of yourself, we will be thinking about you. More ((((hugs))))

Russian Blue
09-19-2006, 08:52 AM
Donna, sending my best to you! You'll get through this...remember, one day at a time.

sirrahbed
09-19-2006, 09:59 AM
Donna is in my thoughts. Thank you David, for keeping us up to date. Please let Donna know we are praying for her and are very glad that she is getting help for herself. ((((Donna))))

catlover4ever
09-19-2006, 12:13 PM
David that your for the update...please send her my heartfelt thoughts and prayers.

Donnaj4962
09-19-2006, 12:32 PM
I am so sorry that I missed this thread yesterday! Poor Donna, but it does sound as if she is doing what she needs to do to get back on track.

I have been there, done that, so I can so relate to what she is going through.

Please let her know that we are thinking about her, and praying for things to get better for her soon. Many prayers and positive thoughts coming from Indiana.

Kirsten
09-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Poor Donna!! I know that not having a job makes you feel this way, I've been in that situation myself. I'm glad she went to the clinic for help, and I hope she will soon feel better. She must miss her kitties terribly!

She's in my thoughts!!

Kirsten

Sevaede
09-19-2006, 03:14 PM
**********HUGS************ and good vibes going Donnas way! :(

davidpizzica
09-19-2006, 04:56 PM
Donna just now called me and she sounded like she was doing a little better than she sounded yesterday. She's still tired and worn out, but I think she was a little more upbeat than yesterday. Because of her A.D.D. and her other problems, her social worker believes that she can get assistance to help. Donna is hopeful that she can leave the hospital on monday and come home and be with her Mooshoo and and her other furbabies. Donna also has PT withdrawl and can't wait to be back online!

Dorothy39
09-19-2006, 05:36 PM
AHHHHH~~~~ That is a relieving up date, Thank-You DavidP ;)

Hopefully, she will continue to get more rest and will be feeling much better now that a Social worker has stepped in to assist her elibility.

Perhaps someone can arrange to have Mooshoo brought up to the Hospital for a little Purr visit, it's worth a try. (twists social workers arm) :p

I will keep Donna in my Prayers. Her PT withdrawel must be horrible!!!!!!

kimlovescats
09-19-2006, 08:28 PM
God bless you, Donna! Getting the help you need is a great step, and I'm here if you need to chat!

Keep the Faith!
Love,
Kim :)

catnapper
09-19-2006, 09:26 PM
I just got off the phone with Donna. She's sounding better than I thought she would. She asked ME how I was doing when she called! I said "no I'm worried about you, forget about me, whats going on with you?" She's such a wonderful and caring person.... even when she has her own personal crisis she's worried about others! She has gotten back her sense of humor and is optimistic about getting some sort of aid.

Apparently Sunday was pretty bad, with her searching the sunday classifieds and finding nothing available. She thankfully realized that she needed help and drove herself to the hospital Sunday afternoon. They are currently tweeking her meds, but she wants off her current one and wants to try something totally different since its not been working for months (and it has been giving her serious vertigo)

She says she misses her cats something awful. She's especially missing Moo. Anyone know where to find a stuffed animal of a sphynx cat? She would love something like that to hold onto in the hospital. but chances are it would arrive after she's realeased! She really is looking forward to being released very soon.... that all depends on how well she responds to any new meds, etc.

Please continue sending prayers her way. They seem to be working. I was seriously worried about her, and am so glad to hear her sounding much more positive than the last time I spoke to her a week ago.

Karen
09-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Hmm, maybe she could ask the nurse for a hot water bottle - do hospitals still have those? That'd feel almost Moo-like! :)

Dorothy39
09-19-2006, 09:31 PM
I will continue to keep Donna in my Prayers.

I sure do wish we could send her handwritten comfort, and, yes, I wish Mooshoo could sleep with her tonight too.

Yes Karen, I was thinking the same thing, "hot Water Bottle" or even a "microwaved rice pillow"

christa
09-19-2006, 09:33 PM
I hate that I'm just now reading about Donna being in the hospital, but I am glad to hear the good news update - that she is feeling better & more upbeat!

Donna holds a special place in my heart - as she is the one who introduced Josie to "real" catnip! Josie never responded to catnip until Donna sent her some grown in a friend's yard. Josie has never been the same since! So if you read this, Donna, Josie thanks you! She is now a nip addict thanks to you!

Take care, Donna! You're in our thoughts & prayers! Kittys included! ;)

Catty1
09-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Take it easy, Donna! I pm'd some info to David for you...

I hope you can get some assistance finding a place with that social worker pitching in.

Maybe you could place an ad: "Nice woman with one suede cat and three fuzzies seeks affordable apartment." A friend of mine did something like that once, with a sense of humour. She didn't get a GAZILLION calls - but she got a few quality ones! :D

HUGS!

kimlovescats
09-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Thank you for the update, Kim! If you talk to her again, send her my love! ;)

zoey
09-19-2006, 09:40 PM
gentle hugs and prayers...

gini
09-19-2006, 10:46 PM
David: This is Gini posting on behalf of Slick. She wanted me to tell you and Donna that she will be praying for her and hopes that we soon have good news.

Also tell Donna from me that she is in my prayers too - she just needs to take care of herself right now.

krazyaboutkatz
09-20-2006, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the updates David and Kim. I'm so glad that Donna is sounding much better and is optimistic.:) I hope she'll be able to be released from the hospital soon and that the social worker will be able to help her find a new place to stay. Many more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Donna's way.:)

This one's for you Donna.
http://b3ta.hnldesign.nl/beta172.gif

K9karen
09-20-2006, 12:29 AM
Thinking of Donna too. Glad she's feeling a bit better. I'll try and call her this weekend. I may have some helpful advise on disability, thay way she'll have some regular income coming in and can still work part time. Sometimes, it's just a necessity.

davidpizzica
09-20-2006, 02:14 AM
David: This is Gini posting on behalf of Slick. She wanted me to tell you and Donna that she will be praying for her and hopes that we soon have good news.

Also tell Donna from me that she is in my prayers too - she just needs to take care of herself right now.
Thanks, Gini. I'll tell Donna that you and Slick both have her in your prayers. I also have Slick in my prayers that she has a speedy recovery and that Dr. Pete has her out of there in no time!

Felicia's Mom
09-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the updates. Donna is in my prayers and positive thoughts. :)

Anita Cholaine
09-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Donna is such a nice person. She's definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

pitc9
09-20-2006, 01:58 PM
{{HUGS}}} and {{{HUGS}}} and prayers on the way!!

ramanth
09-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Still thinking of you Donna!

David, tell her she can give me a ring anytime. I used to have her new cell # but I lost it and I have her old one programmed into my phone.

Jadapit
09-20-2006, 02:11 PM
Donna, your still in my thoughts and prayers. (((BIG HUGS)))

Randi
09-20-2006, 02:15 PM
David, thanks for telling us about Donna. I'm glad she is getting help in this awful situation, Hopefully she'll find a good place to live and a job! Not having a job and a place to be, is one of the worst situations she could be in. :(

Please tell her I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and hugs. She will get through this - she's a fighter!

davidpizzica
09-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Still thinking of you Donna!

David, tell her she can give me a ring anytime. I used to have her new cell # but I lost it and I have her old one programmed into my phone.
Ramanth, I'll PM you the number I'm using to call Donna.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Gosh, I'm so sorry! I've been having Internet issues with my provider this week and just saw this.

Prayers on the way for you Donna!!!! Don't be shy about applying for state aid if you need it until you get back on your feet. I had to go on it while my disability was being approved by Social Security. When it was approved, I was able to pay the state back.

I'm sure they have all sorts of programs like medical and stuff. Everyone needs help sometime.
(((HUGS)))
the cats send purrs and head bumpies to you too

moosmom
09-22-2006, 01:55 PM
MAJOR LES here guys. I've been home since around noon and have been tending to the kits and checking my emails. You have NO idea how much I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers. It's great to be home with my babies and be able to take a shower in a CLEAN bathroom AND have a phone to use anytime I want, not just in spurts!!! Not to mention the food - BLECK!!!! :p I'm having a Pepe's pizza tonight. *salivates*

My meltdown was pretty severe and even scared me, and I don't scare easily. My doctors have diagnosed me with severe clinical depression, anxiety and ADD (attention deficit disorder). They've put me on Celexa for my depression and Quetiapine for anxiety and sleep. I asked my therapist if the symptoms of ADD and depression are related to me not being able to hold down a job and she confirmed it. So, that means that, contrary to my brother's accusations that I am incompetent and a screw up, my losing the jobs was due to my illness. With the help of an administrator from the hospital, I have filed for Title 19, which will help me with medical benefits. Monday I'll find out how to file for SSD (Social Security Disability). I am worried about where I'm going to go once Mark moves to Maine. But I have to take one day at a time, baby steps.

I'll be starting outpatient therapy on Monday. I should've done this long ago. Taking meds without the benefit of counseling was a mistake for me. I want my life back. I'm also going back to AA meetings. It's cheap therapy and also much needed.

From the core of my soul, I want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. You have no idea how much it means to me to have such a wonderful group of friends during such troubling times.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

jenluckenbach
09-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Glad to hear you are back and getting help (all kinds of help) We will always be here for you, too/

moosmom
09-22-2006, 04:56 PM
rg_girlca,

Gee Phred, you forgot to post one of your special prayers

I guess you've got to "belong" to get one of those. But that's okay. REALLY no big deal. I don't sweat the small stuff anymore, and THAT'S small stuff. ;)All of everyone's good wishes meant the world to me.

((((HUGS))))

kimlovescats
09-22-2006, 06:21 PM
It's great to finally have a diagnosis, now you know what you have to work with, and can finally get BETTER!!!! Celexa is what I have taken for Major Depressive Illness, and it has helped me tremendously. It wasn't until I recently was diagnosed Bi-Polar II that I had to add my Lamictal. (Apparently it is common for those with BP-II to be mis-diagnosed with Major Depression for up to 10 years before getting the full diagnosis. That's how long it took for me.) Like you, I also fail every test for ADD as well! :rolleyes:

Anyway, knowing what you need and taking the correct medications will really help you!

If you ever need to chat, just PM me!

Hugs,
Kim

moosmom
09-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Kim,

I've been to doctors for years for depression. Even the most expensive shrink I had when I did have insurance, never mentioned ADD. That had to be at least 10 years ago.

I've heard alot of good things about Celexa and so far, even though I've only been on it 4 days, it seems to be working well. I don't have any vertigo and I'm actually on a lower dose of Celexa (25 mg/day) than that of Paxil (37.5 mg/day).

zoey
09-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Hugs and prayers coming Donna's way!! :)

kimlovescats
09-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Donna .... After just a couple of months I did have to increase my dosage to 40 mg., but that is where I have stayed. Of course now I am also on the Lamictal for BP-II. Celexa is good about working quickly! ;)

Catty1
09-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Donna - I PM'd David with some info on ADD. I am awaiting a diagnosis myself.

I am up to 60mg Celexa...and the ADD descriptions really caught my eye and mind, while I was searching for something else online!

Still waiting for my referral - and as I have said to my GP: "If I DON'T have ADD, I am going to be REALLY upset!" :D

it's the only thing that makes sense of my life....

GLAD you are feeling better and got some things happening!

HUGS

carole
09-22-2006, 11:07 PM
Donna my dear friend so glad to hear you are home, nothing like being home, and that you now have a clear idea of what you are dealing with, and getting the right help, my nephew has ADD , so if i can help in anyway, just pm me, not sure what i can tell you, but he is doing very well, so don't despair there is life after ADD believe me, lol, love ya girl, take care and giant hugs. :)

Catty1
09-22-2006, 11:09 PM
I hope this brings a smile...I am gonna buy SOMETHING here, just can't decide WHAT!

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/ADD/a.d.d.

:)

Dorothy39
09-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Catty1, You brought a smile to my face with that link!!! ;)

You are such an optimistic woman!!!!!!

moosmom
09-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Catty1,

What a hoot!!! I was ROFLMAO!!! I love the one "I used to have short attention span but, Oh look!! A kitty!!"

I have a shirt that says, "People like you are the reason people like me need medication!"

Thanks for sharing it. I really hadn't laughed in like FOREVER!!!!

I admire your optimism and strength. I used to be a strong person. But taking care of other people, putting my own needs on the back burner has beaten me down. But I won't be there for long. ;)

Catty1
09-23-2006, 09:29 AM
There is a wonderful book written in 1993 by two women with adult ADD, and it was the ONLY book for adults at a time.

There is a new 2006 edition out now, but one saying they kept is for us to do what the airlines tell EVERYONE to do:

"Make sure your own oxygen mask is in place before assisting others."

I love that!

The book? "You Mean I'm Not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy?"

Check the library or bookstore! :)

moosmom
09-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Catty1,

I'll definitely see if the library carries the book. I could use a good book to keep my slightly altered mind occupied.

Carol,

Thank you so much for your kind words. This ADD is new to me and I want to learn all about it. I've been going online to read about it and never knew I had all the symptoms of it. You guys are the best!! ;)

davidpizzica
09-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Donna my dear friend so glad to hear you are home, nothing like being home, and that you now have a clear idea of what you are dealing with, and getting the right help, my nephew has ADD , so if i can help in anyway, just pm me, not sure what i can tell you, but he is doing very well, so don't despair there is life after ADD believe me, lol, love ya girl, take care and giant hugs. :)
Carole, Donna would call me from the hospital and talk about the day she had. Then I'd post it on PT to tell everyone about her progress. Carole, I don't now what I'd do without her, she's one special lady!