PDA

View Full Version : Holmes and Zeus

Blue_Frog
09-18-2006, 11:48 AM
We've lost two friends in the last month in our family.

Holmes
Holmes was rescued by my sister and her boyfriend about 6 years ago as he was in the last day before being put down. He was about 5 years old when they rescued him, and there were years of trials and tribulations (boy, was he a stubborn Hound!) before settling down into a life of love and relaxation that he wasn't used to before - he was a rescued hunting dog, and had never experienced the indoor life.

On Friday last, I rushed them to the vet after he had a stroke, where he rapidly deteriorated. The decision was made to humanely let him go, where he sadly passed in in the loving care of Michelle and Matt.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/bluefrog_ca/HolmesandMichelle010.jpg

Zeus
Zeus was the pup of my Mom and her Boyfriend Mark. He was rescued by Mark when he wasn't more than a small ball of fluff that could pop into the front pocket of a hoodie, and grew in the big headed lunk that we all knew and loved. In Janary of this year, he was diagnosed with Cancer, and was given only a month to live, but he managed to pull through until late in August when he finally passed on at the age of 10.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/bluefrog_ca/zeus.jpg

Please wish them both a speedy trip over the RB -- they are both sadly missed :(

luvofallhorses
09-18-2006, 12:55 PM
I'm so very sorry for your family's losses. :( (((hugs))) Holmes and Zeus were beautiful.

Dorothy39
09-18-2006, 01:02 PM
:( Oh, how sad, Blue Frog.

I am so sorry that Holmes and Zeus have passed on.

I feel that everyone did what their hearts told them to do, even though their hearts were breaking when they did it. {{hugs}}}

May Holmes and Zeus run FREE , at The Rainbow Bridge!!!!!!

pitc9
09-18-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm so sorry for you losses....
RIP sweet ones.....You will be missed.

Play hard!

Ginger's Mom
09-18-2006, 03:45 PM
I am so sorry for your family's loss. They were both handsome men who are now keeping each other company at the bridge. Run free and be happy, boys.

sabies
09-18-2006, 09:51 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. They were both beautiful dogs and lucky to have found loving homes.

Sudilar
09-19-2006, 07:17 AM
So very very sorry for your losses. It is so hard to lose two of them in such a short time. I am glad that they lived wonderful lives with your family. They were both handsome dogs! Hugs to you all.

Blue_Frog
09-22-2006, 12:53 PM
Thank you everybody for your kind words and thoughts!

I showed my sister this thread, and she says to tell you all 'Thank you' as well, and that its really appreciated :)